AAC has no shame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC has no shame

Reaction Score
We watched for years as BE football outplayed ACC football and the powers in Providence never brought it up. In Providence the view has always been the purpose of the BE is to protect Providence College basktball. It never fought for the money BE football deserved. If we had boosterism from Providence the way that the AAC commissioner promotes his conference, the entire disassembly of the BE would have never happened.

The days of being modest and hoping people notice you are over. Thy never really existed.

Reaction Score
If you’re an aac and/or UConn fan you have no reason to trust espn
Not a black and white thing. Not a love em' or hate em' situation.

Not a fan of aac, honestly and Espn has indeed screwed over Uconn in the past, obviously. But as far as calling a game an upset or not, yah, I trust their call over a biased Nova fan. Some under .500 FSC team beating a 9-4 (7-1 in aac) from the 6th best college conference is clearly an upset. Even if I am not a fan of the aac I can at least admit it is the 6th best FBS fball conference. In that sense, I trust espn in describing a game. Trusting their past coverage of Uconn, not so much. It is possible to hold both opinions.

Nova over Temple = Upset
JMadison over Vtech = upset and Jmadison has been, leaps and bounds better than Nova and that was still an upset. Or are we going to deny JMadison beating Vtech a few years ago was also an upset?

But fine, don't want to hear about espn, here are some other publications calling it an upset.

Villanova Football upsets Temple 19-17 to open season - Very good youtube channel btw

Temple Owls Upset By Villanova Wildcats 19-17 at The Linc - Even places i Philly calling it an upset

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not a black and white thing. Not a love em' or hate em' situation.

Not a fan of aac, honestly and Espn has indeed screwed over Uconn in the past, obviously. But as far as calling a game an upset or not, yah, I trust their call over a biased Nova fan. Some under .500 FSC team beating a 9-4 (7-1 in aac) from the 6th best college conference is clearly an upset. Even if I am not a fan of the aac I can at least admit it is the 6th best FBS fball conference. In that sense, I trust espn in describing a game. Trusting their past coverage of Uconn, not so much. It is possible to hold both opinions.

Nova over Temple = Upset
JMadison over Vtech = upset and Jmadison has been, leaps and bounds better than Nova and that was still an upset. Or are we going to deny JMadison beating Vtech a few years ago was also an upset?

But fine, don't want to hear about espn, here are some other publications calling it an upset.

Villanova Football upsets Temple 19-17 to open season - Very good youtube channel btw

Temple Owls Upset By Villanova Wildcats 19-17 at The Linc - Even places i Philly calling it an upset
Nah, it’s only Temple

Reaction Score
Don't blame ESPN. Blame the politicians that run the state and never stood up for UConn. They could have made a difference. And the blame idiot Blumenthal who sued the Big East and made enemies of the entire colllege athletic world.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
They play so much like a power conference that the best team went undefeated and couldn't make the playoff. Lol. Get out of here.
That's begging the question

Reaction Score
Don't blame ESPN. Blame the politicians that run the state and never stood up for UConn. They could have made a difference. And the blame idiot Blumenthal who sued the Big East and made enemies of the entire colllege athletic world.
u guys elected him to congress for doing such a good job

Reaction Score
View attachment 45987

Be Undeniable (because everyone denies that it's a power conference)
Wow, you really don't understand it. It's about the football playoff. And standing up for your conference is what a conference should be doing. The OP makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Wow, you really don't understand it. It's about the football playoff. And standing up for your conference is what a conference should be doing. The OP makes no sense.

lol it's so easy to get aac fans riled up. ucf could've gone undefeated 4 years in a row and they still wouldnt have made the cfp. are you the last person in america to realize this? the new slogan just magnifies the pathetic "P6" proclamations. it's a mockery.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand why people have an issue with how the American markets and advertises itself. It’s a very young conference with no history to back it up. If shooting for the stars is where the administrators want to go then why isn’t that ok? Just because we are leaving doesnt mean it’s wrong all of the sudden. They are making the best with what they got. What they have is a solid football conference. We’re leaving because we aren’t a good fit and if you are angry because of that then I echo @Palatine comment - Blame CT politicians for not sticking up at the right time and Blumenthal for suing the big east which years later lead to a separation/divorce and UConn looked like the half of the marriage that “cheated” in the eyes of college sports world.

Reaction Score
Yes. The AAC has emerged as a darn good Football conference.

The next 13 years as a Flatline Economic Deal is a killer of today’s profile. They still will win games. But it’s gonna be like this week in the UK whereby Man United Played some little piddly town 35 miles away. It’s stark where the revenue gap is going.

Undeniably

Reaction Score
ESPN has been pulling the strings all along. Other BE schools were involved in the lawsuit, but gained admission to the ACC anyways after the lawsuit (ie. Pitt). ESPN, BC, FSU poisoned the ACC toward UConn.

Reaction Score

lots to dismiss here

We simply got into FBS/D1 Football way too late & didn't build the Brand beyond where it needed to be - that's on BC. There's no reason a Jesuit school with minimal regional fanbase should overwhelm the best State U in new England.

We simply are a small northeastern state in a FBS world that never impacted the eyeballs that we needed to in NY & NE. Eke out the win by Rutgers - who never had our excellence in their Athletic Department. Market out distanced ours.

It's easy to blame Administration or Blumenthal or other politicians. That's your go to. But the sad story is a ... a good effort did not get us to the finish line. (then Louisville Graft came into the focus) We are like Temple ... like SMU ... like Houston ... like USF/UCF ... and that's why we got lumped together. You can't say we didn't push the case - we are the Number 1 G5 in AD expenditures.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati beat UCLA in football last night.

Nothing wrong with a league bragging on itself. Beats moving back into your parents basement.
moving back into your parents basement which has been gutted; a worse basement than what you moved out of.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boneyard choice: delete the posts with thinly veiled political agenda or move thread to cesspool.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Blame CT politicians for not sticking up at the right time and Blumenthal for suing the big east which years later lead to a separation/divorce and UConn looked like the half of the marriage that “cheated” in the eyes of college sports world.

Except UConn and the State of Connecticut didn’t sue the Big East. We sued the ACC, Miami and Boston College- and we didn’t sue them alone. Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Rutgers and Virginia Tech were also co-plaintiffs (until Tech dropped out after having received an ACC invite). Two of those schools now play in the ACC, so let’s not pretend that the suit is the reason we don’t. It was part of BCU’s reasoning why that school rejected our campaign for membership, but BCU alone couldn’t have kept us out- BCU using game theory to convince Clemson, FSU, et al that first Pittsburgh, and then Louisville, were adequate substitutions for us is why we were left out. Sure, Blumenthal was the responsible party for filing the lawsuit, but the ACC schools- save our friends to the northeast- seem to have gotten over the suit, especially when there was money to be made with us.

The Big East “separation and divorce” had nothing to do with the lawsuit and everything to do with private, northeast, basketball-focused schools not wanting to send their track teams to Dallas for tilts with SMU that they would only have been scheduled for because of football, a sport they don’t care about. The brands of the schools in those far-flung states aren’t powerful enough to retain ties to the league- so they split. Had the Big East brought in the University of Texas instead of the University of Houston, or Louisiana State University instead of Tulane University, the basketball schools would never have left.

I get we might not look wonderful in the eyes of the college sports world, but if we could have helped a conference generate a substantially larger revenue figure than any of the other available schools, we would be in a P5 league today, lawsuit or not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Except UConn and the State of Connecticut didn’t sue the Big East. We sued the ACC, Miami and Boston College- and we didn’t sue them alone. Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Rutgers and Virginia Tech were also co-plaintiffs (until Tech dropped out after having received an ACC invite). Two of those schools now play in the ACC, so let’s not pretend that the suit is the reason we don’t. It was part of BCU’s reasoning why that school rejected our campaign for membership, but BCU alone couldn’t have kept us out- BCU using game theory to convince Clemson, FSU, et al that first Pittsburgh, and then Louisville, were adequate substitutions for us is why we were left out. Sure, Blumenthal was the responsible party for filing the lawsuit, but the ACC schools- save our friends to the northeast- seem to have gotten over the suit, especially when there was money to be made with us.

The Big East “separation and divorce” had nothing to do with the lawsuit and everything to do with private, northeast, basketball-focused schools not wanting to send their track teams to Dallas for tilts with SMU that they would only have been scheduled for because of football, a sport they don’t care about. The brands of the schools in those far-flung states aren’t powerful enough to retain ties to the league- so they split. Had the Big East brought in the University of Texas instead of the University of Houston, or Louisiana State University instead of Tulane University, the basketball schools would never have left.

I get we might not look wonderful in the eyes of the college sports world, but if we could have helped a conference generate a substantially larger revenue figure than any of the other available schools, we would be in a P5 league today, lawsuit or not.

Fair point. I shouldn’t have added in my last point and I’ll redact it/modify it by saying we didn’t look good to the sports world.

Nevertheless, my main point should reflect the fact that I don’t think it’s fair to say the AAC are idiots for fairing themselves a power6 conference in football when it is clearly better than most/all G5 teams and have the right to market and advertise themselves any way they want to because they are a young conference with nothing to lose. As a UConn fan I’m not going to say “screw them” for doing nothing wrong. Nor will I support the P5 monopoly/oligarchy (until we join of course ;))

Reaction Score
The Pizza guys in Connecticut. Gottesdiener. The Tribes. Bedding & furniture guys.

We needed Louisville level graft & our guys underperformed. Our success & Excellence; our proof of rabid fan following (dated in 2019) & our academics should have given us the brass ring. Plus helicopters.

I don’t think anything Administration did nor politicians ... would have raised our profile beyond what was needed. The system sucks ... and State U fell.

Reaction Score
my main point should reflect the fact that I don’t think it’s fair to say the AAC are idiots for fairing themselves a power6 conference in football when it is clearly better than most/all G5 teams and have the right to market and advertise themselves any way they want to because they are a young conference with nothing to lose

agree to disagree. ucf's national champ claim is openly mocked from coast to coast to the point where theyve unnecessarily lost respect for their undefeated seasons (not that they were getting enough respect to get into the cfp to begin with). the same goes for the conference as a whole. unilaterally claiming it's a P6 conference just shines a giant spotlight on the fact that it's not.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Fair point. I shouldn’t have added in my last point and I’ll redact it/modify it by saying we didn’t look good to the sports world.

Nevertheless, my main point should reflect the fact that I don’t think it’s fair to say the AAC are idiots for fairing themselves a power6 conference in football when it is clearly better than most/all G5 teams and have the right to market and advertise themselves any way they want to because they are a young conference with nothing to lose. As a UConn fan I’m not going to say “screw them” for doing nothing wrong. Nor will I support the P5 monopoly/oligarchy (until we join of course ;))

They certainly have those rights. I wish no ill toward The American as a league, only toward every school in it not named Cincinnati and Wichita State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom