AAC Games Week Zero | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Games Week Zero

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How many fans does a SJSU have? I think there were more people at Chicago Sams in Cromwell on watching the fight.

Reaction Score
What an ugly game. One stretch of four minutes took about a half hour with injuries and replays and incompletions. Yuck.

Reaction Score
Two observation
1. The lengthening of the season mainly for tv does nothing to bring fans. Nobody cares about games on August 25 or whenever.

2. The P5 crap will eventually destroy college sports for everybody including the P5.

Reaction Score
Is P6 a thing in San Jose?

It shouldn't even be a thing here. In the same realm as Bobby Red Pants' Civil Conflict trophy - manufactured hype that nobody takes seriously. (If you think I'm wrong, look at our TV contract & bowl tie-ins compared to the P5.)

Not often I agree with freescooter, but he's right about the scheduling (and maybe the P5 destruction too). This USF game was up against preseason NFL football and people gathering for the Mayweather fight. Horrible time slot.

13,377 is BS. Looked like SJSt had less people than our SMU game.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
This game was very similar to USF @Syracuse last year. SU scored a bunch of early unanswered points and USF then went on a roll and never looked back.

Just like in that game, many USF fans were ready to fire our coach. LOL

I think our defense will be better under Strong, but we are lacking depth on the line. So, any major injuries there, especially to LB's, will set us back. We were forced to play a couple of true freshmen at DT. Considering that, I thought our defense did a decent job for most of the game.

I'm not sure why, but USF had many players cramp up throughout the game.

The new artificial turf, I was told, was very slippery.

As for our offense, we are adjusting to a quicker pace, with more of a power running game and more deep passes. There will be less designed run plays for Flowers, with the idea being to try and keep him healthy for the entire season.
As he goes, so goes the team.

Many USF fans are unhappy to see the gulf coast offense we used last year, being put on the shelf, because they feel it gave Flowers the best chance to fully utilize his special abilities.

We lost a couple of very important offensive players to the NFL, with RB Marlon Mack and WR Rodney Adams. Having said that, we still have some good depth at those positions. It's a matter of trying to figure out the best way to use them.

So, these early games are a test run for the change in systems and personnel.

I suspect by the time we play each other most of the wrinkles will have been ironed out by both our teams.

I'm looking forward to playing UCONN again. We had some very close games when you previously had Randy Edsall as your coach.

Good luck.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
It shouldn't even be a thing here. In the same realm as Bobby Red Pants' Civil Conflict trophy - manufactured hype that nobody takes seriously. (If you think I'm wrong, look at our TV contract & bowl tie-ins compared to the P5.)

Not often I agree with freescooter, but he's right about the scheduling (and maybe the P5 destruction too). This USF game was up against preseason NFL football and people gathering for the Mayweather fight. Horrible time slot.

13,377 is BS. Looked like SJSt had less people than our SMU game.

A good case can be made that if UCONN was going to have a Conflict Trophy it should have been with USF and not UCF, since we have played so many close games over a number of years. If that had been the case, it would not have seemed so obviously manufactured. But, that is another subject.

As for the P6 label that the AAC has begun to market widely, I think it is starting to have some impact in the media and in the mind of the public.

I now see many more articles discussing the P5 plus the AAC, with no mention of the other conferences. So, to that extent, at least, the AAC has distinguished itself from the rest.

The AAC wants the media and public to recognize that the conference is far superior in football to the rest of them and should rightly be next in line to join the P5.

For example, the AAC was in the top 5 conferences in the NFL draft this year.

Hopefully, the new AAC TV contract and bowl-tie ins will begin to reflect the quality of football being played and thus be rewarded sufficiently.

I don't expect miracles from the P6 campaign.

However, I think it is an important step in the right direction to change the conference perception, in order for it to have a chance to become a reality down the road.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Two observation
1. The lengthening of the season mainly for tv does nothing to bring fans. Nobody cares about games on August 25 or whenever.

2. The P5 crap will eventually destroy college sports for everybody including the P5.
Yes. P5 will kill the goose that laid the golden eggs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom