AAC CALL: HC Randy Edsall On Boise & Process Program Needs to Follow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AAC CALL: HC Randy Edsall On Boise & Process Program Needs to Follow

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ok...but...wait...was this supposed to be an argument IN FAVOR of it? Because, uh, buddy, that's literally the opposite of what you just made.

Totally makes sense to compare what the program cost the school in 1948 to what it costs it today, yep, exact totes the same. Mmhmm. Why stop doing something dumb if you've always done it- that's the AMERICAN way!

You conveniently left out the last sentence in my message, which clearly summarized that we're not dropping football. If you want to characterize my post as an argument for or against dropping football, it wasn't intended to be anything more than an explanation regarding why we're not going to drop football. Read Fishy's post, which very succinctly explains the reasoning why we're not.

If you want to talk about dumb, dropping football and joining the new Big East would be the height of stupidity, and a death sentence for our AD as we know it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you want to talk about dumb, dropping football and joining the new Big East would be the height of stupidity, and a death sentence for our AD as we know it.

I like football, but this argument that doing what you describe would be the death sentence for the AD is absolutely asinine. It is entirely possible that the truth is prooooobably somewhere between the two extremes, while you want to idiotically refuse to acknowledge that the Big East could EVER work.

Making a P5 conference would be better than this...but unless that happens, playing basketball in the Big East is absolutely, positively healthier for the athletic department. But they can't do that, so here we are- but that doesn't mean this is working.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nah, you're right. UConn's entire rise was IN NO WAY involved with playing the private schools like Villanova, Georgetown and Providence. They had no role. It was only the big publics like Miami and Rutgers.

Christ.

Oh you mean the same Villanova, Georgetown, and Providence who essentially booted us out in the first place?

And c'mon, I think we all know the big, football playing schools - Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame, Louisville...even WVU - carried more excitement for our fanbase than anyone left in the Little East, except Nova & Georgetown.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom