AAC basketball post UConn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC basketball post UConn?

Reaction Score
Nova has done pretty well flying the standard while we were gone. Creighton and the Hall will both be good teams next year and, though we are most certainly doomed, we could make some noise next year too.
I didn't say there were no good teams in the BE. But the BE is not an elite conference and it won't be unless we make it one.

You listen to the BE groupies on this site and the way they view the conference is delusional. Hurry we're in the sixth best conference.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I didn't say there were no good teams in the BE. But the BE is not an elite conference and it won't be unless we make it one.

You listen to the BE groupies on this site and the way they view the conference is delusional. Hurry we're in the sixth best conference.

...but the AAC, actually buoyed by a F4 team, is a far cry from this "non-elite" conf, in prestige, bid quality, essentially everything. How can you explain that without hacking your stupid "ZBE" nonsense to pieces?

You're the delusional one here, pining for re-entry to ye olde CUSA.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The AAC's biggest issue is that the bottom 4 or 5 teams continually drag the conference down.
This!

And the bottom tier accomplish this feat structurally.

Not only does the W/L record among them pull them down, but they tend to have very weak (out of conference) SOS, as well.

It is tough for the mid to top tier of the conference to look strong when their conference schedule, itself, pulls them down.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The AAC never showed us the respect that the only school from that misfit conference to win a title deserved. We were mostly met with hostility as the only Yankees in Hickville. Why anyone is still pining for that is beyond me.

Reaction Score
The AAC never showed us the respect that the only school from that misfit conference to win a title deserved. We were mostly met with hostility as the only Yankees in Hickville. Why anyone is still pining for that is beyond me.
Has @Palatine ever explicitly said he'd prefer that we were back in the AAC? I've always interpreted his ravings as contending that the Big East sucks, without saying that UConn is better off in the AAC. I know that doesn't make any sense, but I just assumed that he is a troll or a madman, which accounts for the logical dissonance.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Yawn. It was a down year for the Big East during a national pandemic. Nova, Creighton, Seton Hall and us should all be pretty good next year. I suspect our "ranking" will bounce back up.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

The BE groupies that provide actual facts to backup their argument instead of the non fact based opinions that you provide? I hope you're not one of the lawyers on this site.

Reaction Score

Just because you keep saying it’s the 6th best conference doesn’t make it true (or even close to being true)

Reaction Score
...but the AAC, actually buoyed by a F4 team, is a far cry from this "non-elite" conf, in prestige, bid quality, essentially everything. How can you explain that without hacking your stupid "ZBE" nonsense to pieces?

You're the delusional one here, pining for re-entry to ye olde CUSA.
I simply mentioned that the AAC had a Final Four team and the BE didn't That is an undeniable fact. I know facts are rare on this board but they are stubborn things. BTW, you are pretending I said something than calling me delusion for saying the thing you made up and I never said. I am not pining for anything except the fjords.

IMHO, you can put all the non-P5 conferences in a basket and make an argument for any of them. Some folks probably believe the WCC should be consided an elite conference.

Reaction Score
I simply mentioned that the AAC had a Final Four team and the BE didn't That is an undeniable fact. I know facts are rare on this board but they are stubborn things. BTW, you are pretending I said something than calling me delusion for saying the thing you made up and I never said. I am not pining for anything except the fjords.

IMHO, you can put all the non-P5 conferences in a basket and make an argument for any of them. Some folks probably believe the WCC should be consided an elite conference.

Your commitment to untruths is truly staggering

Reaction Score

speaking of conferences headed in different directions, i think this is an inspired hire for the PAC. larry scott wasnt much better than aresco.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

speaking of conferences headed in different directions, i think this is an inspired hire for the PAC. larry scott wasnt much better than aresco.
Good hire in my book.

Reaction Score
Don't need facts or stats to know that I enjoyed watching UConn basketball (especially conference games) more than anytime in years. And it wasn't just because of Bouknight.

As a fan I don't need a top conference, just entertaining/competitive basketball that leads to post season play. That's when our magic happens.

We just had an upgrade, the grass is green enough for me to enjoy for a long while.

Just saying if I've been rescued from a sinking ship, I'm not going to get pulled on deck and immediately start scanning the water for my luggage. Just happy to be floating/alive and headed to a better destination on a better ship.

Reaction Score
The Big East arrogance is simply not supported by the facts. IMHO, the only thing that will save the BE is UConn reasserting it's place among the country's bluebloods. They need us more than we need them.
Hopefully, some day we will be in P5 and tell the Big East so long.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, some day we will be in P5 and tell the Big East so long.
and in order for that prayer to one day be realized, are the trolls here duty bound by the conference realignment gods to ceaselessly criticize and complain about the BE?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean the AAC is going to be the 7th ranked conference most years. They're better than the A10 and the WCC. Is there much else to say?

Reaction Score
Exactly Pal. This league is the A-10 with Villanova. Or the WCC plus Gonzaga.

The original Big East was a power conference. Had multiple national champions. Twice in the last 10 years of existence it had multiple Final Four teams. 3 different teams won titles. 6 different teams went to the Final Four. Six. This league hasn’t gotten 6 teams past the 1st weekend. It has nothing to do with football. Nothing to do with computer rankings. It had to do with actual production when production counts. This New Big East is like Duke in 1999. They put up a banner for “winning” the KenPom or some other geekish national championship. We put up a banner for winning the game. Sad to say this, but the New Big East fans sound more like Dukies than UConn fans. “The computers say we’re #5 conference.” Sad. Just sad.
To compare the big East to the a10 is just silly. How can anyone take your argument seriously with a comment like that

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The part of the UConn fanbase that buys tickets and attends games never accepted the AAC. That was evident by all of the empty seats in the lower bowl at Gampel during every AAC game. The move back to the Big East was an unquestioned positive for the fans who put their money where their mouth is. The seats will still be sold for top dollar but in the Big East, people will be sitting in them.

Reaction Score
The part of the UConn fanbase that buys tickets and attends games never accepted the AAC. That was evident by all of the empty seats in the lower bowl at Gampel during every AAC game. The move back to the Big East was an unquestioned positive for the fans who put their money where their mouth is. The seats will still be sold for top dollar but in the Big East, people will be sitting in them.

Pretty sure the “part of the UConn fanbase” that wanted to stay in the AAC just consists of these two goobers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom