AAC basketball attendance so far... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC basketball attendance so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
no need for this, and it's a solid basketball conference this year

after the Cards leave, we need to have other teams step up and I believe they will

exposure brings recruits, the FL and TX teams have fertile grounds and Larry Brown is one hell of a coach

Until he gets bored. He'll be gone by the end of next season.

Reaction Score
Until he gets bored. He'll be gone by the end of next season.

By that time, he will have had a full season with 2 top 10 recruits and a bunch of other top recruits. The kid Moore is as good a sharpshooter as Giffey and Napier.

And if Larry Brown is gone after that, we'd better hope that UConn is gone from the AAC shortly thereafter.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
By that time, he will have had a full season with 2 top 10 recruits and a bunch of other top recruits. The kid Moore is as good a sharpshooter as Giffey and Napier.

And if Larry Brown is gone after that, we'd better hope that UConn is gone from the AAC shortly thereafter.

I know you love the SMU recruits, but until I see them play (or not put in for a transfer when Larry Brown inevitably quits) I am reserving my applause on their recruiting.

And my desire to be out of the AAC is in no way, shape or form contingent on how SMU is performing or who their coach is.

Reaction Score
I know you love the SMU recruits, but until I see them play (or not put in for a transfer when Larry Brown inevitably quits) I am reserving my applause on their recruiting.

And my desire to be out of the AAC is in no way, shape or form contingent on how SMU is performing or who their coach is.

I saw SMU play during one of the Thanksgiving tourney's......more than capable of beating UConn when they play!

Reaction Score

All but one are already playing. They are there. Moreia is their big man. He's good. Moore is a3 point sharpshooting guard, one of the best in the nation. Frazier is their key scorer, top 15 recruit. He's already there. Next year Mudiay comes in, a kid that was the #1 ranked player for much of the year on TwoFourSeven and is now ranked #2. Kentucky's top target this year.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
If the wife lets me loose, can we ask for good suggestions where to eat, catch some blues in Memphis for the AAC tourney? Is downtown safe to walk around at night? I honestly have little interest in Memphis (sorry); but, will make the best of it.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/memphis-aac-tourney-trip.48717/

I have to say I'm shocked by Cincy's attendance...great history, good team, nice arena...they should be at 10k at least.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Take a look at who they’ve played at home so far: NC Central, NC State, Appalachian, Campbell, Mass/Lowell, Kennesaw St & USC Upstate

And we bring out around 16,000 for Austin Peay...

Reaction Score
And we bring out around 16,000 for Austin Peay...

That is impressive........there was a day when the UConn fanbase wasn't spoiled either.........the 7K at Maine was an embarrassment o matter when it was!

Reaction Score
Curious what the attendance will be for the Stanford game. One of the bigger games at the XL Center this year. Anyone know how many tickets have been sold for the game?

Reaction Score
We do some strange strange scheduling sometimes. Maine at the XL Center was guaranteed to be a no crowd game. Same with Loyola. Play those games on campus. Offer any unsold tickets to students at a couple of bucks a pop and fill the place, plus build the next generation of fans and alumni. We're playing a game in Bridgeport...Eastern Washington? Really? They even have a basketball teams? We couldn't find a better opponent than that to sell to Fairfield County? UConn would probably be better off playing one of the locals there than some barely major. Even play some crapo league game. At least the outcome matters. They must have figured that they can't sell this game to anyone north of New Haven. Let's see if we can pawn it off on Fairfield County.

Reaction Score
We do some strange strange scheduling sometimes. Maine at the XL Center was guaranteed to be a no crowd game. Same with Loyola. Play those games on campus. Offer any unsold tickets to students at a couple of bucks a pop and fill the place, plus build the next generation of fans and alumni. We're playing a game in Bridgeport...Eastern Washington? Really? They even have a basketball teams? We couldn't find a better opponent than that to sell to Fairfield County? UConn would probably be better off playing one of the locals there than some barely major. Even play some crapo league game. At least the outcome matters. They must have figured that they can't sell this game to anyone north of New Haven. Let's see if we can pawn it off on Fairfield County.
The game in Bridgeport is almost a sell out.

Reaction Score

Eastern Washington beat BU by 12. We beat them by 17. EW might be better than you think. I remember thinking the same thing about them in football until they waxed us at Memorial Stadium.

Reaction Score
The game in Bridgeport is almost a sell out.

Bridgeport = Easier access to Fairfield County Alumn who can't/won't drive to Hartford or Storrs and some of whom who are major donors. I would like to see UConn move two 'XL games' that are scheduled over school break to Bridgeport annually. Games at the XL center don't expand UConn's brand and the environment in Storrs is a lot better.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm prepared to help make the AAC a premier basketball conference, we have the potential. We are NBA-U, we'll build our future no matter where we are

we did once already after the 1st raid, and we would have done it after Pitt & Cuse left. That's probably why the third raid took place when it did

but we'll survive that too, I have no doubt

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That is impressive........there was a day when the UConn fanbase wasn't spoiled either.........the 7K at Maine was an embarrassment o matter when it was!

FWIW, there were more than 7K. And compared to other XL cupcake games over the last few years it was pretty good. The fans in seats were pretty far up into the 200's across the sections, not just in the middle. I think they are getting some positive momentum from the casual ticket buyer.

Reaction Score
All 7 of them?

We get it, you don't like the AAC. Whining about it in every thread you post in isn't going to change our conference affiliation. Might as well suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom