AAC awards | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC awards

Reaction Score
Quinton Rose over Kendric Davis for 2nd team AAC is a travesty.
I genuinely don't think Rose should have made even 3rd team. He was a mediocre chucker all year

Not sure what all goes into his formula, but Kenpom has Rose as 1st team AAC (4th ranked player).

Reaction Score
Not sure what all goes into his formula, but Kenpom has Rose as 1st team AAC (4th ranked player).

I have a long post explaining it somewhere, but more about trying to mimic traditional voting habits than showing true best player. Usage is a big part of it, and he was 3rd in the conference in usage. Don't get me wrong, your efficiency will be lower with high usage, but he was actively hurting his team on offense. His steal rate also bumps up his KPOY.

Reaction Score
In the 2 games I watched Rose this year, it looked like he regressed. Maybe I am wrong since I have no idea what his numbers were.
If those two games were vs UConn then I understand where you are coming from because he was lousy in both games vs UConn. I saw plenty of other AAC games and he was good. I would put him on the 3rd team or first 5 out. His shooting % is bad, but if you look at his game log, he had some really good games, they just were not against UConn. It happens like that-it's about match ups and schemes.

Martins Igbanu, who I think is a very good player and very deserving of the 1st, had some games where he didn't look so great (1st one vs Wichita St., Cincy, USF). But he looks like Hakeem Olajuwon against the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain how Mills is ranked above Bouk? Less efficient, less rebounds, less assists, same points?

Reaction Score
If cv doesn’t win player of the year and Bouknight loses out to mills more motivation come thursday, aac watch out about to send a hungry huskies good bye to the league.

Reaction Score
Cumberland didn’t have a good year as last and may have played himself out of first round

Yep, i could understand how Cumberland could be left off as he didn't play all the games, and had some really bad shooting games. However, Scott is the puzzler. His numbers not to mention his team got #1 seed it's kind of a head scratcher he's not a top 5 player. I'd volunteer though that i think the player of the year is for a guy on the team who wins the league. A lot of guys put up big numbers on teams that aren't in the money. Either way, the first team looked reasonable.

Reaction Score
Mills over Bouk?....not in the games I saw
Mills was really good in some of the other AAC games I saw. He was really good in the 1st half at Gampel, too, until AG put the clamps on him in the 2nd half.

But looking overall I would put Bouknight over Mills. I would personally put Kendric Davis of SMU above both of them in the 2nd team slot and move Mills back to 3rd team with Bouknight.

Reaction Score
Yep, i could understand how Cumberland could be left off as he didn't play all the games, and had some really bad shooting games. However, Scott is the puzzler. His numbers not to mention his team got #1 seed it's kind of a head scratcher he's not a top 5 player. I'd volunteer though that i think the player of the year is for a guy on the team who wins the league. A lot of guys put up big numbers on teams that aren't in the money. Either way, the first team looked reasonable.
Scott's conference only stats were really good. Cumberland's less so.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If Precious gets CPOY doesn Bouk get Freshman CPOY?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Also, does Bouk make the NCAA All-Freshmen team?

Reaction Score
good for CV. talk about playing though all kinds of external nonsense and hitting the big shots. maybe bazz 2.0 ?

bouk should’ve been 2nd team ; )

Reaction Score
Then I guess you didn't see the Houston game at home.
You tell me whose stats you prefer.....I'm with Boak
boakmills.GIF

Reaction Score
From the pre-aac tourney interviews, sounds like they e announced POTY & it wasn’t CV. Bouk said something to the extent of “I think he personally shoulda won player of the year, but he didn’t so....”

Reaction Score
Glad CV will be going into this AAC tournament with an even bigger chip on his shoulder. I feel like the team is gonna want to win the whole damn thing for CV even more now than before...Reminds me of when Hansbrough somehow won player of the year over Kemba

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom