A wish that will not happen | The Boneyard

A wish that will not happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want KO to pull a Phil Jackson and call out what Kentucky has been getting away with foul wise in the tourney in one of his press briefings. This would put the officials and the ncaa on alert whether they like it or not, it would be in the national spotlight. Of course if we had some media personel that got off there arses and did something other than their captain obvious reports, that might do the trick alone.
The way they play, our great defense will not matter. They just plow into the defender. With the way they have been officiated, the defender has to completely get out of their way or get fouled out. And thats not even getting into their clear outs under the baskets. I get that 95% of the fans and media out there do not realize that the defender does not need to be set if he is retreating backwards. Lazy officials take advantage of this and make the call 95% of people think is right, there is less flack.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Ko is not the type of man to call out what Kentucky is getting away with and that's why everybody loves him!

I would be shocked if he does it!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I highly doubt Ollie has even watched Kentucky until now.

Reaction Score
Ko is not the type of man to call out what Kentucky is getting away with and that's why everybody loves him!

I would be shocked if he does it!

Thats why it will not happen.
But there is that NBA backround...

Reaction Score
I'll wager heavily however that Glenn Miller has already put every minute of tape available under a microscope.

While KO has been spectacular throughout this tourney and the whole year, the behind the scenes is overlooked. They have a great team of coaches, the staff is working together to come up with this game plan so thank you to ALL of the coaches. That's the best assembled minds on one bench from what I see and that cannot be overlooked!

Reaction Score
KO is a smart guy. I'm sure all three teams were scouted and planned for over the last week. And don't believe Calipari when he says he doesn't know how UCONN plays. Even though he won't do it, Coach Calhoun is in a great position to point stuff like that out as the cameras keep finding him. We just have to hope that the refs call it equally. In the KY v WI game Randall was bothered a lot by Kaminski's height down low. If AB stays out of foul trouble he'll be a key to the game.

Reaction Score
The key to our defense is not let these Kentucky guys get started. We just need to keep them in front of us.

Reaction Score
The key to our defense is not let these Kentucky guys get started. We just need to keep them in front of us.

This and then everyone to the boards……everyone!! They are tough if they get 2-3 shots…….

Reaction Score

You missed the point of the op. It doesnt matter if you stay in front of them, they just plow into you and get a foul call.

Reaction Score
KO is a smart guy. I'm sure all three teams were scouted and planned for over the last week. And don't believe Calipari when he says he doesn't know how UCONN plays. Even though he won't do it, Coach Calhoun is in a great position to point stuff like that out as the cameras keep finding him. We just have to hope that the refs call it equally. In the KY v WI game Randall was bothered a lot by Kaminski's height down low. If AB stays out of foul trouble he'll be a key to the game.
There is NO WAY that AB stays out of foul trouble, nor PN, nor TO. The offensive players have a field day knowing they will never get called for fouls against UConn. Luckily we seem to be OK without them for long stretches.

Reaction Score
Brimah has to keep the block and stay straight up, make Randle have to lean back or go over him. Randle is not as strong as YOUNG, nor is he as rangy as PAYNE. He's good, but he's sloppy. BRIMAH could be huge in this game if he could stay straight up.

Reaction Score
I want KO to pull a Phil Jackson and call out what Kentucky has been getting away with foul wise in the tourney in one of his press briefings. This would put the officials and the ncaa on alert whether they like it or not, it would be in the national spotlight. Of course if we had some media personel that got off there arses and did something other than their captain obvious reports, that might do the trick alone.
The way they play, our great defense will not matter. They just plow into the defender. With the way they have been officiated, the defender has to completely get out of their way or get fouled out. And thats not even getting into their clear outs under the baskets. I get that 95% of the fans and media out there do not realize that the defender does not need to be set if he is retreating backwards. Lazy officials take advantage of this and make the call 95% of people think is right, there is less flack.

Now having that grumpy, old Irish man who has been travelling with the team for the entire tournament says something while surrounded by his 3 NCAA title's say something...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I truly hate posts whining about refs.

Reaction Score
The sad fact is that the refs have a lot of control over games. I see a lot of Duke games and if they didn't get the constant benefit of the doubt on so many calls (and a lot of phantom calls), they would have a very different record. There is a reason why NBA coaches work the refs days before the game. There's a reason why one coach gets double technicals within two seconds and another coach can show up the ref over and over and not get tossed. We all see the questionable calls overwhelmingly favoring certain high profile teams. Imagine what it would be like if no one said any thing at all. We've seen enough of that in history to know it usually doesn't end well.

Reaction Score
Watching their game against Wisconsin was ridiculous. These guys barrel their way into the lane every time and what should have been 2 charges were called 2 blocks. Wisconsin had a few clean strips down the stretch which were both called fouls. If the game is called that way tomorrow we will be in trouble. I get so tired of seeing Kentucky get away with this. The refs just better call it both ways. For that matter, Young for Florida just lowered his shoulder and plowed over our guys several times and no offensive foul was called. Kentucky gets away with murder and watching them is like watching Duke.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Randle does the same move from the baseline to the middle with his left, over and over and over. He plows into the defender, either clearing them out or getting fouled or both. We need to get him to the give up the ball; the refs aren't going to help us out.

(ALTHOUGH...Shane Battier got a rude awakening in the 1999 title game when he realized the refs weren't buying the flops he was selling.)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It all depends who is doing the game. Some of the vets don't like the Squid as they don't like Pitino, but UConn always seems to get the refs that are cozy with the opponents coach.
Whining about the officiating is part of the game - in every sport - it's due to the human element.
Those that don't like the whining and expect others not to address it live in glass houses.

Reaction Score
I'll wager heavily however that Glenn Miller has already put every minute of tape available under a microscope.
Glenn Miller won't sleep again until tomorrow night and he's been great so far. Wis let them penetrate all the way to the rim, I think we clamp down quicker. 3 guard lineup and disrupt them like MS and KY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom