A week out, has the Big 12 decided yet what it wants to do? | The Boneyard

A week out, has the Big 12 decided yet what it wants to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Do they know what they want? Or they negotiating with some schools? Or are they negotiating with some networks? Planning to dissolve?

Reaction Score
No expansion.
Most close to a done deal was BYU plus Houston.
Not enough votes for that to happen and better to not expand and get some more money from current TV partners.
No plan B for Big 12 today but the door is not fully closed. Lots of TX backlash may be coming.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Have you tried calling and asking? I want to know too
The question is if they have figured it out by now or are still working on it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The answer is: nobody knows. They don't even know.

Reaction Score
They are still working on it from what I understand.

I heard they were gathered in the BIG12 boardroom having a robust discussion and this suddenly popped up on Gordon Gee's screensaver during his part of the presentation and they can't tear themselves away to vote...

.gif

Not sure how much validity I place on the report tho...

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I heard they were gathered in the BIG12 boardroom having a robust discussion and this suddenly popped up on Gordon Gee's screensaver during his part of the presentation and they can't tear themselves away to vote...

View attachment 16107

That guy in the background is oblivious to the world. How could he have missed that. He didn't even turn his head when the girl he was talking to slapped the brunette's rear.

Reaction Score
Do they know what they want? Or they negotiating with some schools? Or are they negotiating with some networks? Planning to dissolve?

No, No, No, Yes (they just don't know it yet)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bottom line is inaction is preferable to action for UConn right now.
B12 went from having a tenuous plan to no plan.
UConn and everyone else in the AAC have 2-3 years of survival.
One thing I've learned in life in business is that a perfectly executed plan that was poorly thought out Trump's indecision every time. Waffling is the death knell of an organization. And that is the B12 right now. They literally don't know what they are right now or what they should he going forward.

Reaction Score
That guy in the background is oblivious to the world. How could he have missed that. He didn't even turn his head when the girl he was talking to slapped the brunette's rear.
He was fixated on the girl he was talking to.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is inaction is preferable to action for UConn right now.
B12 went from having a tenuous plan to no plan.
UConn and everyone else in the AAC have 2-3 years of survival.
One thing I've learned in life in business is that a perfectly executed plan that was poorly thought out Trump's indecision every time. Waffling is the death knell of an organization. And that is the B12 right now. They literally don't know what they are right now or what they should he going forward.
This election season sucks. You can't even use trump as an appropriate verb without autocorrect changing it so something it isn't.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
He was fixated on the girl he was talking to.

Didn't even follow the hand to her rear. Kids these days.

Reaction Score

View attachment 16107

I suddenly forgot what this thread is about...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well I don't remember what this thread is about either, so this roving reporter will give you his update from SEC country and later from the heart of the Big 12: Austin Texas. I'm flying there in a few hours.

But here is the report from New Orleans.
  • People are bummed that there was no LSU - Florida game...and on Saints bye week no less! A definite downer for the Big Easy. Fortunately they have other things to attract their attention but this is a football town.
  • Tulane has an awesome campus, and some darned pretty girls.
  • Tulane beat UMass to go 3-2 and with no LSU game or Saints game, this was the big local football news. It was on local TV news and they were pretty excited to see Tulane go over .500.
  • I did see a few people wearing a little UConn swag in New Orleans. Lots of FSU guys down on Bourbon Street...why does that make sense to me? LSU stuff is everywhere.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Well I don't remember what this thread is about either, so this roving reporter will give you his update from SEC country and later from the heart of the Big 12: Austin Texas. I'm flying there in a few hours.

But here is the report from New Orleans.
  • People are bummed that there was no LSU - Florida game...and on Saints bye week no less! A definite downer for the Big Easy. Fortunately they have other things to attract their attention but this is a football town.
  • Tulane has an awesome campus, and some darned pretty girls.
  • Tulane beat UMass to go 3-2 and with no LSU game or Saints game, this was the big local football news. It was on local TV news and they were pretty excited to see Tulane go over .500.
  • I did see a few people wearing a little UConn swag in New Orleans. Lots of FSU guys down on Bourbon Street...why does that make sense to me? LSU stuff is everywhere.

Regarding that LSU-Florida game...pretty nifty maneuver by the Gators. With their injuries...starting QB and entire DL...they didn't want to play LSU this week. So...they waited until the last minute and ppd. Could have played on Sunday...or Monday....or moved the game. Nope..they cancelled. Now they can get healthy for the rest of the schedule.

A bit slimy...but well done.

Reaction Score

View attachment 16107

Way to totally derail my train of thought...

Reaction Score

View attachment 16107

Just a couple of Louisville 'hostesses' warming up for the evening recruit reception.

Reaction Score
It's dumb. It's exactly what the media did to the big east.

Perception is becoming reality.

Reaction Score
The whole system is teetering on the edge of becoming a giant clusterf thanks to media manipulation and greed. They squeezed the Golden Goose (CFB) so hard its going on life support. Viewership is down because they have ripped apart natural rivalries, killed conferences, concentrated power in the P5 and cut off 50% of the schools from NC eligibility, and have stripped the NCAA of power. Nobody is looking out for the health of CFB. They defiled the innate purpose of college football and turned it into a business.

Reaction Score
The whole system is teetering on the edge of becoming a giant clusterf thanks to media manipulation and greed. They squeezed the Golden Goose (CFB) so hard its going on life support. Viewership is down because they have ripped apart natural rivalries, killed conferences, concentrated power in the P5 and cut off 50% of the schools from NC eligibility, and have stripped the NCAA of power. Nobody is looking out for the health of CFB. They defiled the innate purpose of college football and turned it into a business.
CFB is on life support? Viewership is down? You did see how much these conferences are making in their media deals, right? Or do you just not think before posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom