A true test of DH | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A true test of DH

Reaction Score
To me the goal is to get back to being a national championship contender year in year out. But we are miles from that right now so I don’t think that is a reasonable expectation for next season. Even if Hurley turns out to be Jim Calhoun II. Is a Loyola type run possible with great coaching? I suppose. Is it likely? Given the pieces available I’d say not very. I hope we start seeing some signs that we are going in the right direction again but even that might be a long shot given that Gilbert has a history of injury, Adams might leave and even the “best” of the forwards are works in progress. And Wilson the best player in the country or not. Reality is we have no idea until he plays an actual college game.

Reaction Score
To me the goal is to get back to being a national championship contender year in year out. But we are miles from that right now so I don’t think that is a reasonable expectation for next season. Even if Hurley turns out to be Jim Calhoun II. Is a Loyola type run possible with great coaching? I suppose. Is it likely? Given the pieces available I’d say not very. I hope we start seeing some signs that we are going in the right direction again but even that might be a long shot given that Gilbert has a history of injury, Adams might leave and even the “best” of the forwards are works in progress. And Wilson the best player in the country or not. Reality is we have no idea until he plays an actual college game.
I agree completely. Those who have some kind of expectations for next year are setting up for disappointment. In fact, I don’t even think the tourney is likely next season. He needs to get his own class in here.

Reaction Score
I agree completely. Those who have some kind of expectations for next year are setting up for disappointment. In fact, I don’t even think the tourney is likely next season. He needs to get his own class in here.
You’re right. I feel bad for people like Jalen Adams who really solidified his career at UConn with that ridiculous buzzer beater against Cincy in the AAC tourney and spent the last two years with no tourney appearances.

He’s a great player with a ton of potential with the right coach and development plan. It’s just a shame he has had such a gap since that.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You are losing this debate badly. Everything JMick says makes logical sense, you continue to sidestep his questions and make a fool of yourself.

This isn't a debate. That's your problem here. And the reason why I know it's not a debate is because JMick had already said he agrees with what I've typed...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom