A Top 25 list "Most Intriguing Players for 2022-2023" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A Top 25 list "Most Intriguing Players for 2022-2023"

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't think one gutsy performance means all that. I mean Kentucky and Mizzou . . .

Yeah, I think they can be pretty good but I need to see them topple NC State and Louisville before I put them in the Top 8.

Top 8? Yes, they probably will finish in the top 8 in the ACC this season. Despite my username and avatar, I am not a "hater" at least in my opinion.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think one gutsy performance means all that. I mean Kentucky and Mizzou . . .

Yeah, I think they can be pretty good but I need to see them topple NC State and Louisville before I put them in the Top 8.
They did beat Louisville last year. Also hammered Arizona in the Tourney, a team who has been getting a few mentions in this thread.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Top 8? Yes, they probably will finish in the top 8 in the ACC this season. Despite my username and avatar, I am not a "hater" at least in my opinion.
It's really gonna hurt when they finish well ahead of Duke in the ACC...again.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's really gonna hurt when they finish well ahead of Duke in the ACC...again.

Its the weekend... I ain't trying to argue or raise my blood pressure on a Friday Afternoon. :confused:

Reaction Score
Its the weekend... I ain't trying to argue or raise my blood pressure on a Friday Afternoon. :confused:
Will Celeste Taylor be starting this year? She’s one of my favorites and I was so sad because of her injury last season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Will Celeste Taylor be starting this year? She’s one of my favorites and I was so sad because of her injury last season.

Yes, she is penciled into the starting lineup. Seems like she is back to her normal pre-injury self.

Reaction Score

For lover's of lists.

25. Dyaisha Fair, Syracuse
24. Abby Meyers, Maryland
23. Aijha Blackwell, Baylor
22. Alexis Morris, LSU
21. Rori Harmon, Texas (way too low for me)
20. Jordan Horston, Tennessee
19. Monika Czinano, Iowa
18. Kamilla Cardoso, South Carolina
17. Rickea Jackson, Tennessee
16. Cameron Brink, Stanford
15. Aneesah Morrow, DePaul
14. Ashley Owusu, Virginia Tech
13. Haley Jones, Stanford
12. Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech
11. Sedona Prince, Oregon
10. Saylor Poffenbarger, Arkansas
9. Kiki Rice, UCLA

8. Caitlin Clark, Iowa
7. Ashley Joens, Iowa State
6. Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
5. Olivia Miles, Notre Dame
4. Hailey Van Lith, Louisville
3. Diamond Miller, Maryland
2. Azzi Fudd, Connecticut
1. Angel Reese, LSU
I'm please to see number 10, Saylor. I had high hopes for her as a Huskies. I'm unhappy she saw fit to leave. I'm happy the Arkansan's got her.

Reaction Score
This interview was made a week to ten days AFTER she graduated from Fairfield. Fast forward..........I'd like to see a follow up to this interview now that she's been in the program for 4 months. Touch on the things she has learned, the things she is still working on, and how she's coming along with learning the "system". A "state of the Lou" so to speak.

The "system" being: playing on BOTH ends of the court. Knowing the offense is challenging enough, but you also MUST know where you're suppose to be on the various defensive sets Geno runs. In the past, I've seen older players tell freshmen where to go on defense that were out of position. Any defensive set only works when everyone knows what they are suppose to do, and where they are suppose to be. How many times have we made an easy basket or given one up because a player was out of position? :eek:

I can't wait for Lou to have her break out game. She's going to "burn" somebody. I hope it's against a top 10 team (not a mid-major conference opponent) on the road BEFORE the holiday break, and of course we win. :D Is that asking too much?
While I concur to your desire for a followup from Lou, I doubt it would be in her best interest to speak her mind this year. MEANING, she is still feeling her way and in April shall have had a better look from the inside of the program. I too would like to know the emotional feeling that flashed through her mind as she played her first game as a Husky. I hope is as successful as many think.

Reaction Score
So they’re not intrigued by Caroline? Hmmm.

I mean most of this list is well known talentwise. Not much intrigue. But Caroline, now there’s lots to be intrigued about in the talents we glimpsed last season. I get why she feels underrated. I hope she makes this even more motivation to torch opponents this year.
Thanks, I was hoping to find Caroline on that list, maybe in April. Thank you

Reaction Score
Somehow, I don't think Lou or Caroline are going to sneak up on any coach/team. News travels fast!! Good or bad. Most top 150 teams "scout" their upcoming opponents by either sending an assistant coach to attend a game, or trading (buying) game film(s) from other teams that recently played an upcoming opponent.

Remember Doggie, we're out here in Southern California. If WE can get ALL of UConn's games here on TV, so can anyone of their opponents. Cream ALWAYS (10 times out of 10) rises to the top. The best players in the country will get ALL of the ink they deserve from the local and national media. None of them will labor in anonymity. :cool:
Unless it's pasteurized or below freezing (then it's an ice cream cone without the cone or sugar.

Reaction Score
Somehow, I don't think Lou or Caroline are going to sneak up on any coach/team. News travels fast!! Good or bad. Most top 150 teams "scout" their upcoming opponents by either sending an assistant coach to attend a game, or trading (buying) game film(s) from other teams that recently played an upcoming opponent.

Remember Doggie, we're out here in Southern California. If WE can get ALL of UConn's games here on TV, so can anyone of their opponents. Cream ALWAYS (10 times out of 10) rises to the top. The best players in the country will get ALL of the ink they deserve from the local and national media. None of them will labor in anonymity. :cool:
Unless it's pasteurized or below freezing (then it's an ice cream cone without the cone or sugar.

Reaction Score
Thanks, I was hoping to find Caroline on that list, maybe in April. Thank you
I think the writers are still have trouble evaluating Caroline D. The fact that she could be an All American or simply one of many good players in the US makes her intriguing to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom