eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

For lover's of lists.

25. Dyaisha Fair, Syracuse
24. Abby Meyers, Maryland
23. Aijha Blackwell, Baylor
22. Alexis Morris, LSU
21. Rori Harmon, Texas (way too low for me)
20. Jordan Horston, Tennessee
19. Monika Czinano, Iowa
18. Kamilla Cardoso, South Carolina
17. Rickea Jackson, Tennessee
16. Cameron Brink, Stanford
15. Aneesah Morrow, DePaul
14. Ashley Owusu, Virginia Tech
13. Haley Jones, Stanford
12. Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech
11. Sedona Prince, Oregon
10. Saylor Poffenbarger, Arkansas
9. Kiki Rice, UCLA

8. Caitlin Clark, Iowa
7. Ashley Joens, Iowa State
6. Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
5. Olivia Miles, Notre Dame
4. Hailey Van Lith, Louisville
3. Diamond Miller, Maryland
2. Azzi Fudd, Connecticut
1. Angel Reese, LSU

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So they’re not intrigued by Caroline? Hmmm.

I mean most of this list is well known talentwise. Not much intrigue. But Caroline, now there’s lots to be intrigued about in the talents we glimpsed last season. I get why she feels underrated. I hope she makes this even more motivation to torch opponents this year.

Reaction Score

For lover's of lists.

25. Dyaisha Fair, Syracuse
24. Abby Meyers, Maryland
23. Aijha Blackwell, Baylor
22. Alexis Morris, LSU
21. Rori Harmon, Texas (way too low for me)
20. Jordan Horston, Tennessee
19. Monika Czinano, Iowa
17. Rickea Jackson, Tennessee
16. Cameron Brink, Stanford
15. Aneesah Morrow, DePaul
14. Ashley Owusu, Virginia Tech
13. Haley Jones, Stanford
12. Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech
11. Sedona Prince, Oregon
10. Saylor Poffenbarger, Arkansas
9. Kiki Rice, UCLA

8. Caitlin Clark, Iowa
7. Ashley Joens, Iowa State
6. Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
5. Olivia Miles, Notre Dame
4. Hailey Van Lith, Louisville
3. Diamond Miller, Maryland
2. Azzi Fudd, Connecticut
1. Angel Reese, LSU
Reshuffle the deck... and take out the jokers! ( really, they are all very good!).
My bias is: put Caitlin Clark anywhere in the top four!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reshuffle the deck... and take out the jokers! ( really, they are all very good!).
I think the word Intriguing means that players who are in new roles are weighted higher.. We know everything we can about Caitlyn

Reaction Score
It's not a 25 best list. Caitlin would have to be right near the top of that one. But we all already know how awesome she is. Same for Boston. They're obvious NPOY candidates.

But intriguing... that's a different question, I think. Abby Meyers definitely belongs on that one, though she'd hardly rate a top 25 list. Same with Cavinder twins. Angel Reese rates just to see if she can carry a team under a great coach. I'm intrigued to see what she can do at LSU.

Maybe I'm a little surprised not to see Sara Scalia on the list. New team, new coach -- what might she become?

The only reason Azzi belongs at the top of this list is because we want to see what she can do with a full season healthy.

Reaction Score
I like the Saylor shout-out. Its so hard to make a list like this, so I appreciate that she mentioned it's completely subjective. I'm pretty surprised Shaylee Gonzales isn't on the list and Saniya Rivers as well. No one from UNC as well, after their sweet 16 push. I really like Ustby and as a junior with some team USA experience this summer, I wonder if she takes the next step.
I kinda like that the silent assassin (CD) isn't on the list. She's going to drop like 25 the first week of the season and act nonchalant about it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like the Saylor shout-out. Its so hard to make a list like this, so I appreciate that she mentioned it's completely subjective. I'm pretty surprised Shaylee Gonzales isn't on the list and Saniya Rivers as well. No one from UNC as well, after their sweet 16 push. I really like Ustby and as a junior with some team USA experience this summer, I wonder if she takes the next step.
I kinda like that the silent assassin (CD) isn't on the list. She's going to drop like 25 the first week of the season and act nonchalant about it.
First one I thought about was Saniya Rivers. I think I would have included her over Saylor.

Reaction Score
It's not a 25 best list. Caitlin would have to be right near the top of that one. But we all already know how awesome she is. Same for Boston. They're obvious NPOY candidates.

But intriguing... that's a different question, I think. Abby Meyers definitely belongs on that one, though she'd hardly rate a top 25 list. Same with Cavinder twins. Angel Reese rates just to see if she can carry a team under a great coach. I'm intrigued to see what she can do at LSU.

Maybe I'm a little surprised not to see Sara Scalia on the list. New team, new coach -- what might she become?

The only reason Azzi belongs at the top of this list is because we want to see what she can do with a full season healthy.
I think it is intriguing to see what Clarke can do with a point guard on the floor with her. Would like to see her in more of a team player situation instead of someone who has the ball 90% of the time.

Reaction Score
I think the word Intriguing means that players who are in new roles are weighted higher.. We know everything we can about Caitlyn
I'm not following your logic on this one.

Don't we know enough about about Joens, Boston, Hailey Van Lith, Miles and Miller? With the exception of Diamond Miller, who is being looked at as the leader of the Maryland roster, what is new about the roles of these players?

Reaction Score
Intriguing to whom ? Anyone can make up a list without any explanation or criteria for placement on said list.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not following your logic on this one.

Don't we know enough about about Joens, Boston, Hailey Van Lith, Miles and Miller? With the exception of Diamond Miller, who is being looked at as the leader of the Maryland roster, what is new about the roles of these players?
I'm not really getting/buying the concept of separating "intriguing" from "best" because most of this list includes a lot of players whom we know a whole lot about. Is Saylor that much of a "must watch" when Blackwell average a double-double playing in the SEC?

Sure, I treasure having Olivia Miles, but she's not intriguing at this point -- 'Liv is a known quantity who has to work on a few fine points. Intriguing for me is how transfers Forward/Center Kylee Watson and Point Guard Jenna Brown do in Irish uniforms. Can they match the kind of success Maya Dodson had in her one year in South Bend? If so, that's really intriguing ;)

As for UConn, pretty sure Azzi's gonna rip it, but I'm also interested in how Lou performs after coming over from Fairfield.

Reaction Score
I'm not really getting/buying the concept of separating "intriguing" from "best" because most of this list includes a lot of players whom we know a whole lot about. Is Saylor that much of a "must watch" when Blackwell average a double-double playing in the SEC?

Sure, I treasure having Olivia Miles, but she's not intriguing at this point -- 'Liv is a known quantity who has to work on a few fine points. Intriguing for me is how transfers Forward/Center Kylee Watson and Point Guard Jenna Brown do in Irish uniforms. Can they match the kind of success Maya Dodson had in her one year in South Bend? If so, that's really intriguing ;)

As for UConn, pretty sure Azzi's gonna rip it, but I'm also interested in how Lou performs after coming over from Fairfield.
I'm okay with Saylor being listed. How her move to Arkansas works out is intriguing to me.

She hasn't played significant minutes due to her transferring mid-season and is now part of an Arkansas' offense that is different from what UConn runs.

Reaction Score
Hopefully like the author of that article, other coaches are sleeping on Lou2 and Caroline. Could play in our favor.

Reaction Score
19. Monika Czinano, Iowa

Czinano is a starter and a great scorer. And yet she is less intriguing than a sub for SCar?

Cardoso- Are we holding our breath to see where she sits? Or is the interest over how she plays after Boston graduates? How many subs are on this list?

Reaction Score
19. Monika Czinano, Iowa

Czinano is a starter and a great scorer. And yet she is less intriguing than a sub for SCar?

Cardoso- Are we holding our breath to see where she sits? Or is the interest over how she plays after Boston graduates? How many subs are on this list?
I don't think their positioning is significantly different if they're one place away from each other. Had Cardoso been 15 or higher, I'd be in agreement.

I think the intrigue in Cardoso is how does she perform this year in comparison to last season, regardless if she comes off the bench. The coaching staff at SC have said they felt she was behind in where they would like her to be as a sophomore. Has she put in the work to justify being the most coveted transfer of the 2020 class? That's the question in my opinion.

Regarding Czinano, how does she improve defensively? That's the intrigue for me. Teams scheme to get her into foul trouble. This seems to have been a weak spot her entire NCAA career and she's into her COVID year. If they want to go all the way, she needs to do a better job at being foul prone.

Reaction Score
I don't think their positioning is significantly different if they're one place away from each other. Had Cardoso been 15 or higher, I'd be in agreement.

I think the intrigue in Cardoso is how does she perform this year in comparison to last season, regardless if she comes off the bench. The coaching staff at SC have said they felt she was behind in where they would like her to be as a sophomore. Has she put in the work to justify being the most coveted transfer of the 2020 class? That's the question in my opinion.

Regarding Czinano, how does she improve defensively? That's the intrigue for me. Teams scheme to get her into foul trouble. This seems to have been a weak spot her entire NCAA career and she's into her COVID year. If they want to go all the way, she needs to do a better job at being foul prone.

it's a list designed to provoke disagreement, so I guess it's a success. As for Cardoso I'd find her more intriguing if Saxton didn't some back for a COVID year. As it is both she and Amihere are ahead of Cardoso at the 4. Boston may play limited minutes in some cupcake games, I don't see Cardoso having much of a chance in many big games other than giving Boston a breather.
I'm not sure of my count but 12 of the 25 are in the SEC and ACC. I guess I should be thankful for 2 BE players since they are the only players not in the P-5. Siegrist may be on preseason NPOY lists along with the 2 BE players on the list.

I guess other fans of other conferences feel just like I do.

Reaction Score
Boston is not an "intriguing player" for SCar. We know what we're getting there.

Our two point guards are the intriguing players. Will Fletcher be able to play as well as she did in the ACC? Will Raven return to at least near-pre-accident form? Do they - together - have what it takes to lead a Top Eight program?

Reaction Score
Boston is not an "intriguing player" for SCar. We know what we're getting there.

Our two point guards are the intriguing players. Will Fletcher be able to play as well as she did in the ACC? Will Raven return to at least near-pre-accident form? Do they - together - have what it takes to lead a Top Eight program?
Interesting. Even though they don't mention it, do you think she could be a little motivated after not making team USA this summer. Like if in April u asked, who is the better player Shakira Austin or Boston, everyone would say Boston, but Austin ended up on the team. Of course Boston is still in college and she'll probably be on the team eventually but it would be interesting to see if that motivated her. Lastly to win 1 POY is impressive obviously, just like winning 1 national championship. She's one of SC greats regardless, but if she wins another, IMO she enters a bit different conversation.
Side note, I kinda felt Olivia Miles being left off the u19 team last summer was probably motivating. Diamond Johnson and Te'hina Paopao we're chosen ahead of her. A year later I don't think many would choose them over Miles

Reaction Score
Interesting. Even though they don't mention it, do you think she could be a little motivated after not making team USA this summer. Like if in April u asked, who is the better player Shakira Austin or Boston, everyone would say Boston, but Austin ended up on the team. Of course Boston is still in college and she'll probably be on the team eventually but it would be interesting to see if that motivated her. Lastly to win 1 POY is impressive obviously, just like winning 1 national championship. She's one of SC greats regardless, but if she wins another, IMO she enters a bit different conversation.
Side note, I kinda felt Olivia Miles being left off the u19 team last summer was probably motivating. Diamond Johnson and Te'hina Paopao we're chosen ahead of her. A year later I don't think many would choose them over Miles
Maybe not Paopao, but I could still see Johnson being selected over Miles.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hopefully like the author of that article, other coaches are sleeping on Lou2 and Caroline. Could play in our favor.
Somehow, I don't think Lou or Caroline are going to sneak up on any coach/team. News travels fast!! Good or bad. Most top 150 teams "scout" their upcoming opponents by either sending an assistant coach to attend a game, or trading (buying) game film(s) from other teams that recently played an upcoming opponent.

Remember Doggie, we're out here in Southern California. If WE can get ALL of UConn's games here on TV, so can anyone of their opponents. Cream ALWAYS (10 times out of 10) rises to the top. The best players in the country will get ALL of the ink they deserve from the local and national media. None of them will labor in anonymity. :cool:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score

Agree with you visitingcock. Boston is a lot of things. A question mark is NOT one of them. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
I find this young woman to be VERY intriguing!

This interview was made a week to ten days AFTER she graduated from Fairfield. Fast forward..........I'd like to see a follow up to this interview now that she's been in the program for 4 months. Touch on the things she has learned, the things she is still working on, and how she's coming along with learning the "system". A "state of the Lou" so to speak.

The "system" being: playing on BOTH ends of the court. Knowing the offense is challenging enough, but you also MUST know where you're suppose to be on the various defensive sets Geno runs. In the past, I've seen older players tell freshmen where to go on defense that were out of position. Any defensive set only works when everyone knows what they are suppose to do, and where they are suppose to be. How many times have we made an easy basket or given one up because a player was out of position? :eek:

I can't wait for Lou to have her break out game. She's going to "burn" somebody. I hope it's against a top 10 team (not a mid-major conference opponent) on the road BEFORE the holiday break, and of course we win. :D Is that asking too much?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom