A Summer Smidgen of Husky News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Summer Smidgen of Husky News

Reaction Score
The box scores from the last trip were a bit irregular. I think Tiffany shot 9 for 8 in one game. Even Maya and Diana can't do that.
If I remember there was quite a bit of scrambling to find enough opposition players for one of the scheduled games. The most useful part of the trip from a basketball POV are the 10 days of practice it allows.

Reaction Score
Venal, Broadway, but I quibble. hat you say is exactly what I meant with my cryptic "no excuse". There is no need for any excuse or apologia for te 2016-2017 team, which more than held its own in the pantheon of UConn teams. A misalignment of the stars was their undoing; they were the best team. The best team doesn't always win.

Don't quibble, Rock, B'way was right. "Venal" is a different word (AND different pronunciation).

ve·ni·al
[ˈvēnēəl]
ADJECTIVE
  1. christian theology
    denoting a sin that is not regarded as depriving the soul of divine grace. Often contrasted with mortal.

Reaction Score
Re: 1. This is why playing WCBB at UConn is one of the world's best educations. Look what these freshmen have to face right away: the toughest, most important of life's lessons.

Re: 2: 6 new active players (2 of whom were practice players last year, but couldn't take the floor in a game). Has UConn ever had 6 new active players on its team before? It's a big deal, as the coaches try various combinations early in the season (and since UConn plays an inverted schedule, with most of its toughest games early, it is very high stakes). Remember 2015/16, when Lou started, then Pheesa, then Gabby, then finally Lou again? (or was it Gabby before Pheesa?) They may well have to play around with a couple of combinations. Or maybe they'll just read the BY threads about who should start.

Don't spend much time here off-season, but I just came across your post of 6/22. Last year it was clear from the get-go who would start; the question was who would be an adequate sub-in. No mystery this year either. The starters will be Azura, Napheesa, Gabby, Kia, and Lou, at least four of whom will be likely All-Americas. Mercifully Geno will be able to bring in some quality players to rest the starters and to energize play. I'm curious about how Megan's contribution will be, how much control of her game Crystal has developed, and who among the rest will be the most help. But no mystery about the starters.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gotta love this kid...left private school to be close to her grandmother for her senior year and now we are grateful to have her:

So "Andi" goes by "Dra"? I didn't know that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom