A Study on the 163 BCS Freshmen & ESPN 2012 Ranking List | The Boneyard

A Study on the 163 BCS Freshmen & ESPN 2012 Ranking List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Interesting Stuff - enjoy

Very interesting but the .jpg format makes the information difficult to absorb and impossible to sort. I'd love to be able to sort the table by HS ranking and school, among other things. The lack of a header row on the second and following jpgs is another hindrance.

The school logo also obscures part of the player's name, which isn't helpful.

An interesting thing to do would be four-year analyses. How did players perform against their ranking (and their class) over four years?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Team situations also play into this. A scorer who come into a team with little scoring ability is going to have a great year statistically. The same goes for rebounds and assists. A great player who comes into a team which has 4 or 5 strong starters will have a hard time creating statistics, but may have a great year.

Reaction Score
If you post your email I can send you the grid there was no other way to get it up online

I agree about the 4 year thing but kids who are Top 50 arnt they supposed to PLAY regardless of where they go to some degree?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
If you post your email I can send you the grid there was no other way to get it up online

PDF? Just in an HTML table?

I agree about the 4 year thing but kids who are Top 50 arnt they supposed to PLAY regardless of where they go to some degree?

Oh, absolutely, I completely agree. But, players are recruited for four years and it's interesting to see how those rankings bear out over that period.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kenny

Why does Breanna Stewart only have 15 games? Did I miss something? Thanks

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's a neat list but it reminds me of the Aaron Levenstein quote: Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Important things that will affect the numbers (or not, as the case may be):
  • Strength of schedule, as dd suggested
  • Injuries/illnesses that delay development and/or playing time (like Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson)
  • How stacked the team is, again, delaying development and/or playing time
  • Intangible effect on games, such as playing tough defense or bringing energy to the team (remember freshman Kelly at WVU? Her energy won that game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom