A Streak Ends -- UConn Out of the Top 5 for First Time Since 1993 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Streak Ends -- UConn Out of the Top 5 for First Time Since 1993

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LOL this is comical. UConn looses to the top 3 teams in the nation and UConn is not playing well. Everybody else looses and they move ahead of UConn???????? Well over the next few weeks everybody else will loose and then we will see. Stanford and LVille are not better then UConn... Period

How do you know? I bet Stanford and Louisville could both beat DePaul and TN as well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And I’ll bet that UConn can beat Kentucky, Mississippi state, Oregon state, and Gonzaga.

So I assume you dont have a problem with Louisville being ranked higher than Connecticut... since they beat Oregon on a neutral site?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So as of this week, what team(s) has the longest, active streak of Top 5 rankings?
I would guess SC and it started this season.

Nevermind. There's a Yahoo News story on our streak ending and stated that it is indeed SC, with 11 weeks. And the second longest streak ever is 96 weeks by LA Tech in the 80s.

Another UConn streak that may never be beaten.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn is still fifth in the Massey ratings. Small consolation!

Reaction Score
The folks who do these rankings must be programmers who write caucus programs. Louisville gets beat at home by an inconsistent FSU and then at the unranked and even more inconsistent Orange up in the real upstate NY. They beat the much ballyhooed NC State and then the undermanned ND and deserve up 4 from last week? Not that we’ve been overly impressive but our losses are against the top 3 in the nation and yes, each took it to us.
Louisville was missing one of its best players in both of those games. That should always be considered. However, Massey still has them at 11, so there is some truth to what you are asserting.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just needed Colorado to hold on to beat Stanford and the Top 5 Streak would still be active. However, I think 6th is generous as I would rank both Maryland and UCLA above UConn.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Didn't Gonzaga just lose its star guard for the season?

I would say they really haven't had a star player the last 2 seasons. They did lose one of their bigger contributors, Katie Campbell. She was their biggest 3 point threat and a pesky defender. If I absolutely had to designate a player from GU as their star I would probably go w/ Jill Townsend.

Reaction Score
Right or wrong, if Louisville and Maryland win out, I see UConn as #6 out west with OR. NCAA has it in their head that AAC and OOC schedule are limiters for us.

Reaction Score
You sound like you are describing UConn. Also, I think Maryland should be ranked higher than UConn, because they are playing a lot better than UConn is at this point in the season.
I thought exactly the same thing.

Reaction Score
Where can one see where who voted for whom?

Table below should be easier to analyse.

1582004203925.png

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom