A story of mojo. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A story of mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh I forgot best part of the story. Halftime down nine she brings the rocks and says dead pan : " I bought a 12 pack because you'll need some Saturday"

That's confidence.

Don't skate on thin ice
She gets to do this, not you.
No complacency

Reaction Score
I rubbed oven roasted turkey all over my gentiles then had an Irish car bomb with ketchup as a chaser at the 15 minute mark. Game seemed to change after that.
Post of the year!
Shut up and eat the mojo sandwich, commie!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Oh I forgot best part of the story. Halftime down nine she brings the rocks and says dead pan : " I bought a 12 pack because you'll need some Saturday"

That's confidence.

You don't possibly deserve that, you commie. Oh, and

I had maintained perfect radio silence throughout the game and post-game period, as I had to work. Heading home, I perhaps made a mistake by calling my 94 year old mother on my drive home. She lives in Overland Park, KS, which is where Beak lives (or used to live when he posted more often here). At the end of the call, she tells me to not be too sad............... ..... ... or to ......hilarious (had trouble finding this word). I became very down as I was totally convinced that she was trying to protect me from the approaching heart break of losing in the first round. She is remarkably clear for her age, but is still 94. So, I came home and got a drink and started watching. Followed half-time rituals and found UConn ahead 66-53 with only 2:41 left. I thought, "Did she play me?" "My 94 year old mother, did she set me up and mess with me because she roots for KU?" This was a radical turn of events. So, it turned out that she did know the outcome of the UConn game when we had spoken earlier, and made it clear who she was rooting for (KU). She remained rather coy about the whole thing afterward, but it was quite a surprise to me that the Huskies held on to win after a virtuoso performance (relatively speaking) in the second half.

Yes, it would appear that I have an evil, 94 year old mother who chose this day to mess with me. I was totally convinced it was over. Of course, this had no basis in reality, but it reminds me that the mojo is strong and wild right now.

And remember,

Shut up and eat the mojo sandwich, commie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom