A small taste of life without Brimah | The Boneyard

A small taste of life without Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah they shot the ball a ton from interior and he would have guarded a lot of those 3's and chased guys around. Knew this was coming LOL:rolleyes:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They are shooting a whopping 33% from 3. Maybe leaving them open isn't an issue.

Reaction Score
They are shooting a whopping 33% from 3. Maybe leaving them open isn't an issue.

They're still going to shoot it from there right? They had a game plan and they stuck to it without Brimah playing.

Reaction Score
That was some of the worst defense I've seen from the Huskies. You can't let a garbage team like UMass-Lowell shoot over 50%

DHam wasn't good at all, nor was Miller or really almost everyone out of the gate. I guess this has been a pattern of UConn teams coming off the finals break no matter what year. Wasn't necessarily anyone in particular or Brimah not being there, just no focus from the tip until they need to it seems.

Reaction Score
Yeah they shot the ball a ton from interior and he would have guarded a lot of those 3's and chased guys around. Knew this was coming LOL:rolleyes:

Your vendetta against Brimah is baffling. No one is claiming he's a star. But his presence on the court unquestionably makes our defense better.

That was one of our worst defensive halves in ages, and at least some of that can be attributed to losing one of the best rim-protectors in the country. Asserting otherwise is just foolish.

Reaction Score
They made 6 layups and I'd say at least 2-3 of those wouldn't have happened with Brimah in the game.

yes they would have unless he wasn't guarding his guy. Please this wasn't about Brimah it was about a team 6'-6'5 guys spreading the floor and UConn not playing defense. He wouldn't have been near the basket half the time if even in the game.

But hey you guys are probably right.

Reaction Score
Your vendetta against Brimah is baffling. No one is claiming he's a star. But his presence on the court unquestionably makes our defense better.

That was one of our worst defensive halves in ages, and at least some of that can be attributed to losing one of the best rim-protectors in the country. Asserting otherwise is just foolish.

Ok for for my "vendetta" made me look so foolish. LOL

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
yes they would have unless he wasn't guarding his guy. Please this wasn't about Brimah it was about a team 6'-6'5 guys spreading the floor and UConn not playing defense. He wouldn't have been near the basket half the time if even in the game. But hey you guys are probably right.

Their whole game plan has been to run screens and then have 10 or 22 try to bull his way to the basket. 10 has 8 points by just backing his guy down.

Reaction Score
Brimah is actually the only true center on UCONNS team. All others are PF used as a center at times.

Reaction Score
Mau, you sound silly here. Do you really not think Brimah is the best defender on this team?

Reaction Score
Horrible team defense. Brimah masks our horrible team defense but we have some basic problems. We need on court chemistry/cohesion and we're not going to get it when we have no established PG and one year senior transfers coming in.

Reaction Score
I agree, in a game like this against a RPI 280 team with 6-6 guys he would dominate.

Mau, you sound silly here. Do you really not think Brimah is the best defender on this team?

Reaction Score
DHam let that Div 2 kid (when he was recruited) beat him often. I was surprised and disappointed in that aspect of his game today.

Reaction Score
You guys want to know the truth here, 2nd half? Because all of you will look silly not me if you want I will go possession by possession in the 2nd half ? Your call but the truth is he would have had a chance to maybe block, and that's maybe depending on where his guy was, about 4-5 shots and that's it in the whole 2nd half. Again your call? I have them. They weren't scoring from the interior and Lord knows he wasn't guarding anyone outside of it.

Not here to tell you we wouldn't have been better or would have been, fact is they sucked as a team on defense. If you think he was the sole reason he wasn't and he would have hardly been a difference. hey may have had more alley oops but our offense wasn't the issue here now was it? Watch the damn game his absence was a tiny factor in the pitiful display on that end of the floor you saw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom