A reminder to all re: tranfer speculation | The Boneyard

A reminder to all re: tranfer speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We don't do transfer speculation and we don't say someone "should" transfer. It's really the only rule that carries across all Boneyard boards. All mods and admins agree that there is no purpose to transfer speculation threads and most end badly.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Nan,
I think deleting the thread is overkill.
I certainly did not mention transfer speculation in my opening but I suppose that the fact that it went that way is not illogical.
Still, is not your note to the crowd and/or locking the thread not enough?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The thread had several posts that debated the pros and cons of transfer, opinions on why the player should transfer, where the player should go.... I was trying to keep up on editing then threw my hands in the air and deleted the whole thing.

Reaction Score
too bad. it's a serious topic, one that certainly is worth discussing, in general terms. in hindsight, probably not a great idea to be discussing specific players. but that's why the beginning of a discussion usually gets started. i must say, though, that i wish the discussion and criticism of players actually transferring, like EDD and Samarie, was cut off as quickly.

Reaction Score
Nan is right, no good can possibly come out of transfer speculation. Would if you were a player reading this board and see you're name mentioned as a possible transfer candidate. How would you feel?

JS

Reaction Score
in hindsight, probably not a great idea to be discussing specific players . . . but i must say, though, that i wish the discussion and criticism of players actually transferring, like EDD and Samarie, was cut off as quickly.
Good thoughts, both.

The Samarie thread veered out of bounds and got edited and locked after generating multiple "reports" of a couple of posts.

It's fair game to discuss reasons for transfers in retrospect. That can be done civilly, even though one senses the graciousites and the criticaloids really don't like each other's attitudes.

What can't be done, and I don't know why certain people thought it could, is to get into rumors about the personal lives of players past or present. Trade private messages all you want, but we won't allow such things on the board.

And by the way, private messages to us are a good medium for any further opinions on the board's transfer talk policy or specific administrative actions.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
too bad. it's a serious topic, one that certainly is worth discussing, in general terms. in hindsight, probably not a great idea to be discussing specific players. but that's why the beginning of a discussion usually gets started. i must say, though, that i wish the discussion and criticism of players actually transferring, like EDD and Samarie, was cut off as quickly.
If people want to discuss transfers in general, it's ok, but you know what happens next - someone will toss into a general conversation that Player X should transfer because she's not getting enough playing time or whatever. Then we're back to deleting or locking threads.

I don't necessarily like all the topics on the board but I don't try to end them unless they start to get ugly. I got to the Samarie thread a little later than I would have liked but I do have to actually do some work while I'm at work during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom