A reminder about recruits & social media | The Boneyard

A reminder about recruits & social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's not a good idea to "friend" UConn recruits on social media. The NCAA has not issued any clarifying statements about the propriety of fans mingling with recruits in cyberspace but we know it's not allowed for fans to have contact with recruits in person. Given the sporadic and inconsistent application of what few regulations do exist, or the possibility that some new rules may be put into place, it's possible that some schools, fans or even recruits themselves could have problems with the NCAA should that august body decide to start policing the Internet in earnest. Therefore fans should not mingle with recruits online.

Besides, these are kids that should be sharing their thoughts with other teenagers and family members rather than a bunch of strangers, most of whom are old enough to be their parents or grandparents. The last time we discussed this topic we used the word "creepy" to describe grandparent-aged guys watching how a young girl lives her life and I think that term still applies.

JS

Reaction Score
The last time we discussed this topic we used the word "creepy" to describe grandparent-aged guys watching how a young girl lives her life and I think that term still applies.

I'm perfectly capable of being creepy toward all age groups, and without resort to Facebook.

My guess is that those who friend recruits are looking for decision clues rather than trying to exert influence or engaging in (ecchh!!) personal spying. Doesn't matter. Boosters should not interact with recruits, period, except for chance meetings or family friendships.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm perfectly capable of being creepy toward all age groups, and without resort to Facebook.

My guess is that those who friend recruits are looking for decision clues rather than trying to exert influence or engaging in (ecchh!!) personal spying. Doesn't matter. Boosters should not interact with recruits, period, except for chance meetings or family friendships.

Yes, well, you have sons. So do I as a matter of fact but if I had a daughter I wouldn't like a bunch of strange men watching her live out her life on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom