A note about attendance. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A note about attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had it dawned on you yet that Rutgers sucked before Flood?

Good job bringing 1k to East Hartford. So much for traveling well.

We get more people at our Spring game scrimmage against ourself (21,000) than you do for real games, and you want to make fun of how much we suck and how we travel?

Had that dawned on you?

Nobody, not even UCONN fans, go to your games. High school teams in Texas have more football tans than UCONN.

Reaction Score
We get more people at our Spring game scrimmage against ourself (21,000) than you do for real games, and you want to make fun of how much we suck and how we travel?

Had that dawned on you?

Nobody, not even UCONN fans, go to your games. High school teams in Texas have more football tans than UCONN.

Yeah, but you got your ass beat by a 3-9 team. Good luck enjoying your 2-10 B1G seasons.

Reaction Score
sportsart said:
Yeah, but you got your ass beat by a 3-9 team. Good luck enjoying your 2-10 B1G seasons.

Your really giving them two wins?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Oh, and this is from your own sites…

The attendance?
Tonight's paid attendance was announced at 37,645 but in reality there was probably just a tad over 20,000 fans inside High Point Solutions Stadium.

http://rutgers. /content.asp?CID=1584813

…and…

Those same fans made one more statement by largely staying away from the gates as 52,454-seat High Point Solutions Stadium was never more than one-third full despite an announced crowd of 37,645. The 33-degree kickoff temperature for the 7:30 p.m. kickoff likely also figured into the season-low attendance.

http://www.app.com/article/20131207/NJSPORTS0210/312070093/

So please save us the whole 37K figure nonsense. RU's attendance last night was paid; UCONN's was actual bodies through the turnstiles. Both venues had the same amount of people in them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Had that dawned on you?

Been to a few TX HS football games and you are right. TX HS football draws better than UConn and RU and a lot of other programs outside of the SEC and the traditional B1G football powers. What' your point?

Have fun with Flood next year in the B1G. The local papers where I live in Jersey all say he is coming back unless some big private donor comes forward and covers his buyout and the cost to search for a new coach. RU has no money left after the AD and basketball buyouts, not to mention the UMDNJ merger.

Reaction Score
you must not have been looking closely.

UCONN attendance - 17,035 (that's correct. You barely surpassed 17G)

Rutgers attendance - 37, 645
We had more people waiting on the concession stand lines at halftime than your entire attendance.

Your fan support is piss poor. Our fans hate our head coach and we ended the season losing 5 out of our last 6, yet still managed more than 20,ooo fans you did.

How in the world do you think you deserve to be heading to the Big Ten after your last 3 home games, when you've averaged under 20,000 fans?

Come on Buggsy, even you are smart enough to know that butts in the seats isn't the reason the Big took RU. How many times are you idiots going to post that. I mean what has RU won, ever in any sport, besides meaningless bowl games?

Reaction Score
RU next will test my theory that conference doesn't matter if you don't win. Let's watch RU attendance in the B1G if they don't win. I'm saying if they're 3-9, it'll be empty seats at the end of the year.

Reaction Score
This is our chance to become THE premiere public institution aside from Penn State in the northeast.

Speaking of Penn State, Penn State averages 5k+ a game in hockey.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wonder how many fans a 2-9 Penn State team would bring to the last game of the season against a Memphis squad when the wind chill brought the temperature into the 20's.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wonder how many fans a 2-9 Penn State team would bring to the last game of the season against a Memphis squad when the wind chill brought the temperature into the 20's.
That would likely be a very disappointing showing for them. Of the 105k tickets sold they wouldn't get more than 72k-74k and at least 12k of those would be at their respective tailgates drinking by midway through the third quarter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
you must not have been looking closely.

UCONN attendance - 17,035 (that's correct. You barely surpassed 17G)

Rutgers attendance - 37, 645
We had more people waiting on the concession stand lines at halftime than your entire attendance.

Your fan support is piss poor. Our fans hate our head coach and we ended the season losing 5 out of our last 6, yet still managed more than 20,ooo fans you did.

How in the world do you think you deserve to be heading to the Big Ten after your last 3 home games, when you've averaged under 20,000 fans?

I'm trying to remember the last time I trolled another team's board two weeks after they beat my team like a drum. Nope.

If you think there were 37,645 people inside your stadium yesterday, my name is Rutgers Al.

Reaction Score
So were you at the game?

Reaction Score
Can someone really blame students for not showing up when:
  • it's 30 degrees out with a steady wind
  • finals are next week
  • there were probably a couple hundred in VA for the soccer match
  • two teams with bad records
  • if you were a football fan there were other better games on
  • you got bused out to XL for the hoops game the night before
I'll admit I was surprised when I saw the size of the student section but it wasn't unreasonable.

Also: going forward with a lack of regional rivals we need to shrink the size of the visitor section. That whole corner is gonna stay empty.

Reaction Score
Also, LOL at classic RU attendance inflation. What happened to the pump used to inflate hoops attendance? Is it broken?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Also: going forward with a lack of regional rivals we need to shrink the size of the visitor section. That whole corner is gonna stay empty.

Had the same exact thought. I can't think of a single AAC school that will bring more than 1K to the Rent, let alone 5K.

Reaction Score
Had the same exact thought. I can't think of a single AAC school that will bring more than 1K to the Rent, let alone 5K.
Closest school is Temple and well unless they get real good real quick I don't see it happening. Actually did bring a decent crew last year though. The first level should suffice. Sell seats in the second level over there for like 10 bucks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Usually the visiting school has a certain number of days to sell out their section.

If they don't the tickets get returned to the home team to sell to its fans.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I refused to attend the last game because Flood is not yet fired. Many from my crew did the same thing.
Hahaha. You must really regret your choice of internet pseudonym. Does your crew know that you post under the name "Coach Flood"?

Reaction Score
I refused to attend the last game because Flood is not yet fired. Many from my crew did the same thing.

Staying away next year now??

“@schadjoe: Rutgers announces three staff changes but that HC Kyle Flood will return as school enters Big Ten”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom