A note about attendance. | The Boneyard

A note about attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you tune into RU vs USF on espn2, you'd notice they're stadium is as empty as ours on TV. They're playing for a bowl bid to the pinstripe against Notre Dame.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yup, that stadium is empty and you can hear a pin drop. But it's all about markets.

Reaction Score
If you tune into RU vs USF on espn2, you'd notice they're stadium is as empty as ours on TV. They're playing for a bowl bid to the pinstripe against Notre Dame.

you must not have been looking closely.

UCONN attendance - 17,035 (that's correct. You barely surpassed 17G)

Rutgers attendance - 37, 645
We had more people waiting on the concession stand lines at halftime than your entire attendance.

Your fan support is piss poor. Our fans hate our head coach and we ended the season losing 5 out of our last 6, yet still managed more than 20,ooo fans you did.

How in the world do you think you deserve to be heading to the Big Ten after your last 3 home games, when you've averaged under 20,000 fans?

Reaction Score
They must have been in line all night because your stands looked as empty as ours. I'm sure you almost had 40k there.

Reaction Score
Buggsy makes a point. Getting 40-50,000 finicky Nutmeggers t0 resemble a typical top 25 fan base is gonna take some doing. Hope the next HC is up for that task.

Reaction Score
Our fan base is piss poor yet we have a nearly identical number of season ticket holders...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Worthless argument. I was at the rent and the "best student section in the country" was reduced to "the best student row" in the country, which finals week alone doesn't explain. Then there was thecrest if the empty sold sears. I wouldn't worry about any other program but ours.

ETA: sorry for the typos. I was on a plane at the gate about to fly off to warmer climes when I had to shut down my phone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
cohenzone said:
Worthless argument. I was at the rent and the "best student section in the country" was reduced to "the best student row" in the country, which finals week alone doesn't explain. Then there was thecrest if the empty sold sears. I wouldn't worry about any other program but ours.

People are too worried about attendance. Its finals week, its cold, its Memphis and we were 2-9 coming in. Only diehards show up for that stuff.

We are going to put butts in the seats when we start winning games and playing good football. In fact, I think a good team will sell tickets with an AAC schedule just fine. The tailgate scene is great at the Rent. UConn just needs to emphasize the total experience (longer tailgate hours) and win football games.

Reaction Score
Total support yesterday was awful, especially the students

Reaction Score
People are too worried about attendance. Its finals week, its cold, its Memphis and we were 2-9 coming in. Only diehards show up for that stuff.

We are going to put butts in the seats when we start winning games and playing good football. In fact, I think a good team will sell tickets with an AAC schedule just fine. The tailgate scene is great at the Rent. UConn just needs to emphasize the total experience (longer tailgate hours) and win football games.
That was my point. We get blasted too much for attendance. I tuned in at various points of the RU/USF game expecting to see a rocking stadium supporting a team with a chance to go to a bowl game against Notre Dame. Instead I thought i tuned into our game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Total support yesterday was awful, especially the students

Not true. The crowd was pretty into it. The bunch in my area was solid and all the scoring into out side of the field was awesome. If you want to rag on the folks that didn't come that's one thing. But the folks that were there is your base.

Reaction Score
How does the troll Rutgers guy even find this thread? Clicking thru them all to find RU references? How pathetic is that?

Reaction Score
How does the troll Rutgers guy even find this thread? Clicking thru them all to find RU references? How pathetic is that?
Only thing I could think of, he must have been alarmed at their attendance. Why else look here?

Reaction Score
Follow emptyseatsgalore on twitter. There are pics of the uconn & rutgers games. Our 17,000. looks like more than Rutgers' 37,000.

Reaction Score
Not true. The crowd was pretty into it. The bunch in my area was solid and all the scoring into out side of the field was awesome. If you want to rag on the folks that didn't come that's one thing. But the folks that were there is your base.
You were there, so were 17k others. I'm talking about those that did not attend. Would never rag on those actually at the game. I just glad the PA announcer didn't do the 'best student section in the country' thing yesterday

Reaction Score
Yes. 50% off at Subway. All you need to do is bring your ticket stub.

Damn. My wife asked me to pick her up Subway on the way home yesterday. And I had the tickets in my pocket and never thought about it. I want my $3 back!

Reaction Score
I refused to attend the last game because Flood is not yet fired. Many from my crew did the same thing.

Reaction Score
Coach Flood said:
I refused to attend the last game because Flood is not yet fired. Many from my crew did the same thing.

Had it dawned on you yet that Rutgers sucked before Flood?

Good job bringing 1k to East Hartford. So much for traveling well.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Having a bad coach is really depressing, huh? The last 2+ seasons here were brutal with Pasqualoni and DeLeone running our program. At least you guys got your B1G lottery ticket punched already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom