A new Paige in UConns Future | The Boneyard

A new Paige in UConns Future

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well what a class and just look at where we are headed over the next 5-6 seasons. We are loaded and truthfully I have think we are looking at a few more NC's and many more AA's. Playtime is a huge subject right now and I like to refrain from talking about it for a couple of reasons. Yeah kids looking at UConn and seeing we are loaded at many positions may look elsewhere and may be encouraged by their HS and AAU to consider playtime elsewhere, as well as from opposing coaches viaing for top recruits. I will try to choose my words carefully when talking about playtime.

We've seen this in past seasons when UConn is loaded with AA's opposing coaches tend to bring that to recruits attention as well as their parents and AAU coaches. This is why playtime over the next few years will be huge to satisfy everybody. Frankly we are gonna be so good everybody should be satisfied with playtime. Another point about having so many super players is its gonna take at least a season to learn and adapt to the UConn system. SO there is a learning curve when entering college ball as well as the graduation of upper classman.

Moving into next season we will have a very strong nucleaus of players. Their ability to play effortlessly within the UCOnn system will help the next class coming in to learn the system. Next years class will go through the growing pains of learning the system just like every other class and as they develop they will earn their playtime. Also as they develop over their first and second seasons at UConn upper classmen will graduate opening positions for them to fill. Sometimes I cringe when I read posts about playtime and I think if I were a recruit or a coach reading our board would I play or sit. We see and have seen over the years kids transfer because they dont want to sit. With the talent and potential that this incoming class brings they will play and be developed because they are that good. Playtime should not be a concern. By subsituting players we wont loose much in ability and talent.

I dont know who does the rankings but Ive got to wonder how UConns class is number 2. Hey we cant worry about it its just somebody elses opinon. Geno has what he wants and he's got a terrific class coming in followed by another great class with DeBerry and Saylor and most likely Fudd. But where in this season and its exciting to see these kids grow and develop. From the outside looking in we have a very competitive group, a very scrappy group with the will to win and be great. This is and will be America's Dream Team. We're going to the TOP....the Very Top.

Reaction Score
It's difficult to get back to back blockbuster classes, but that is exactly what will be happening (I too think that Fudd will be coming to UConn. Even without Fudd, we have commitments from #3 and #6 as per PN in the 2021 class). I don't expect a very highly rated class in 2022 and perhaps not even in 2023, but, quite frankly, they won't be needed. One or two key individuals in either/both of those classes will keep the Huskies as a favorite for the NC for years.

Reaction Score
Agree totally about Fudd and not counting those chickens b4 they hatch..I think Colonel Sanders once said that cliche..

Reaction Score
Agree totally about Fudd and not counting those chickens b4 they hatch..I think Colonel Sanders once said that cliche..
Same here. Not sure where this idea that she was coming to UConn came from.

Reaction Score
Well it's an established fact that Geno just doesn't know how to recruit anymore so we have no chance with Ms Fudd in Storrs.Head bang I know that this must be true because I've read that most of Coach Geno's recruits are really players that Jeff Walz sends him because they are too old for the Louisville program.:rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

She has previously said she always saw herself playing at UConn when she was growing up. She's visited a minimum of five times. She and her father are being followed on social media by every UConn assistant. Her best friend and co-basketball player is attending UConn next year.

There are plenty of reasons to believe UConn is near or at the head of the race for Fudd.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Have to confess, all of this "we are 'likely' or 'sure' to get Fudd has got me spooked. Let's just cross our fingers for now and enjoy the players we know are coming to Storrs.

I think most people (me included) are doing the LaVar Ball thing-you know speak it or wish it into existence.
I haven't seen anyone declare absolutely that she is not coming to UCONN yet so I will remain hopeful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I always wonder how one recruit affects the rest of them. For instance, did Paige Bueckers' decision influence any other players to/not come? Is that why UConn was able to sign the class it did for 2020? If Fudd commits will it be because she really likes UConn, because she wants to play with Paige, or a combination of both? In any case, I'm sure Paige will be a Diana Taurasi-esque player for UConn--at least that's who she reminds me of most from the highlights and interviews I've seen of her. She's smooth, talented, competitive, and a pretty good trash talker, too.

Reaction Score
She has previously said she always saw herself playing at UConn when she was growing up. She's visited a minimum of five times. She and her father are being followed on social media by every UConn assistant. Her best friend and co-basketball player is attending UConn next year.

There are plenty of reasons to believe UConn is near or at the head of the race for Fudd.

And I bet that MD & Louis. have rented the houses on either side of the Fudd's and assistants wave every morning when she leaves for school. :rolleyes:

I always wonder how one recruit affects the rest of them. ....

My guess is that it's easier to attract great players when your star is an unselfish, team-oriented player rather than a 20 shot/game gunner.

Reaction Score
Her other friend is starting at Notre Dame. Take that for what it worth.

Reaction Score
Tony is correct. It will be an exciting 4 years. Given the base and what is on the horizon, it should be very exciting to see. However, I'm 77 and I hope that I can make it through a couple of those championships that are potentially on the horizon.

To the point that this class is ranked number 2, it may very well be the best thing to happen, so that they can come out and prove that they are number 1.

Reaction Score
It's difficult to get back to back blockbuster classes, but that is exactly what will be happening (I too think that Fudd will be coming to UConn. Even without Fudd, we have commitments from #3 and #6 as per PN in the 2021 class). I don't expect a very highly rated class in 2022 and perhaps not even in 2023, but, quite frankly, they won't be needed. One or two key individuals in either/both of those classes will keep the Huskies as a favorite for the NC for years.
I suspect a few of Geno's new gray hairs are the result of having a few thin classes. UConn unlikely to let this happen again-agree that it may not show in total numbers but will see 1-2 high school All Americans each year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’m optimistic about Azzi, but I don’t think it’s a done deal. Of course, we think UConn is the best place for her to develop her talents. The allure of Geno, CD, our tradition, and Paige is very strong. I would love to see Paige and Azzi play and grow together.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I suspect a few of Geno's new gray hairs are the result of having a few thin classes. UConn unlikely to let this happen again-agree that it may not show in total numbers but will see 1-2 high school All Americans each year.

In the post game after Virginia, he was glowing about the recruiting class foe 2020 and the enigmatic hints for 2021. He clearly loves the recruiting wars (more than the daily coaching?) and after some thin classes, he is leaving no stone unturned.

Reaction Score
Well what a class and just look at where we are headed over the next 5-6 seasons. We are loaded and truthfully I have think we are looking at a few more NC's and many more AA's. Playtime is a huge subject right now and I like to refrain from talking about it for a couple of reasons. Yeah kids looking at UConn and seeing we are loaded at many positions may look elsewhere and may be encouraged by their HS and AAU to consider playtime elsewhere, as well as from opposing coaches viaing for top recruits. I will try to choose my words carefully when talking about playtime.

We've seen this in past seasons when UConn is loaded with AA's opposing coaches tend to bring that to recruits attention as well as their parents and AAU coaches. This is why playtime over the next few years will be huge to satisfy everybody. Frankly we are gonna be so good everybody should be satisfied with playtime. Another point about having so many super players is its gonna take at least a season to learn and adapt to the UConn system. SO there is a learning curve when entering college ball as well as the graduation of upper classman.

Moving into next season we will have a very strong nucleaus of players. Their ability to play effortlessly within the UCOnn system will help the next class coming in to learn the system. Next years class will go through the growing pains of learning the system just like every other class and as they develop they will earn their playtime. Also as they develop over their first and second seasons at UConn upper classmen will graduate opening positions for them to fill. Sometimes I cringe when I read posts about playtime and I think if I were a recruit or a coach reading our board would I play or sit. We see and have seen over the years kids transfer because they dont want to sit. With the talent and potential that this incoming class brings they will play and be developed because they are that good. Playtime should not be a concern. By subsituting players we wont loose much in ability and talent.

I dont know who does the rankings but Ive got to wonder how UConns class is number 2. Hey we cant worry about it its just somebody elses opinon. Geno has what he wants and he's got a terrific class coming in followed by another great class with DeBerry and Saylor and most likely Fudd. But where in this season and its exciting to see these kids grow and develop. From the outside looking in we have a very competitive group, a very scrappy group with the will to win and be great. This is and will be America's Dream Team. We're going to the TOP....the Very Top.
A well thought out piece. I will say, however, that despite the occasional ( okay often) over-supply of superb talent on UCONN teams, we have really only lost one superstar player to transfer, and it was not for lack of playing time. I refer to Donna Della Donne. The great players find a one in Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom