A new low for atendance this season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A new low for atendance this season

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We didn’t even dip below 30k for a game until I think 2013, now its our benchmark for a good crowd. When will we see tarp? Is tarp too expensive? I’d love to tarp off the area where visiting fans used to sit.

Reaction Score
UConn athletic prices may seem high, but they are very cheap compared to sporting events in Boston where I live. (Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Patriots, BC) For midfield football tickets at BC, it costs a $1000 donation per seat plus the cost of the tickets, which is close to $100. And, it cost $5000 per year to park one car on Shea Field for tailgating. Sure, BC has a better home schedule, but BC prices are well above UConn. And, has anyone checked out the price of the pro sports franchises? UConn sports is a relative bargain, but when your team is losing, and losing badly, it's hard to justify any price.

As for donating to UConn, I donate every year and the conference issues have motivated me to increase my donations as the athletic programs need to keep investing if we are ever to get the P5 call up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Alright.

I'll be back 6 months from now to say the same exact thing... ;)

(By the way, tell me you don't get fired up when you see that the 3-pack folks get twice as good of a deal as you do)

FWIW - the basketball tickets need a sharper adjustment than football tickets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We didn’t even dip below 30k for a game until I think 2013, now its our benchmark for a good crowd. When will we see tarp? Is tarp too expensive? I’d love to tarp off the area where visiting fans used to sit.

If you believe the numbers they publish sure. Look at the opener against UMass coming off the Fiesta Bowl - there may have been 25k actually in the building. Maybe there is an athletic department who did less with athletic success from a marketing/sales standpoint... it would be impressive to do less than UConn did with 4 basketball NCs and what Edsall 1.0 did.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you believe the numbers they publish sure. Look at the opener against UMass coming off the Fiesta Bowl - there may have been 25k actually in the building. Maybe there is an athletic department who did less with athletic success from a marketing/sales standpoint... it would be impressive to do less than UConn did with 4 basketball NCs and what Edsall 1.0 did.
Wasn’t the first game of the PP era vs Fordham and pushed from Thursday to Saturday because of Hurricane Irene and Rentschler being a Red Cross staging area? I know your favorite thing is to talk about how much we inflate attendance but everyone does it and we’re more honest than most. How else would you explain a tweet midweek last week saying 22k tickets had been distributed then a crowd of 18k? Vs SMU blah blah blah.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wasn’t the first game of the PP era vs Fordham and pushed from Thursday to Saturday because of Hurricane Irene and Rentschler being a Red Cross staging area? I know your favorite thing is to talk about how much we inflate attendance but everyone does it and we’re more honest than most. How else would you explain a tweet midweek last week saying 22k tickets had been distributed then a crowd of 18k? Vs SMU blah blah blah.

Maybe that was the first game of 12 then. Doesn’t really matter. The crowds started shrinking in 2011 after the AD gagged the hire and the momentum of going to the Fiesta Bowl.

Some seasons UConn inflated, other seasons they release a true gate count, this season I have no idea what they did because there were more people in the building for USF than Missouri but the published number was 3k less.

Reaction Score
How many games did you go to this year using that strategy?

I was about to say the same thing. No way you found someone selling $5 tickets. I sold my extras to scalpers for $10, they sell them for $10, promo codes were going for $20-30.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was about to say the same thing. No way you found someone selling $5 tickets. I sold my extras to scalpers for $10, they sell them for $10, promo codes were going for $20-30.
No way you found a ticket from a scalper selling for $5, maybe. But $5. tickets from non-pros is common. Last game there was a guy at Gate C that literally couldn't give his extra ticket away.

Reaction Score
No way you found a ticket from a scalper selling for $5, maybe. But $5. tickets from non-pros is common. Last game there was a guy at Gate C that literally couldn't give his extra ticket away.

Yeah fair enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom