A new low for atendance this season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A new low for atendance this season

Reaction Score
Fortunately, we'll all be a lot more positive come August. Happens every year. At least buy cheap season tickets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Might even be lower if we lose out the rest of the season. No one is going to want to pay to watch a rebuild against teams no one cares about.

Yeah and the tax bill may make the donations non-deductible. Good luck with that too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fortunately, we'll all be a lot more positive come August. Happens every year. At least buy cheap season tickets.

The schedule may obscure it some but next year’s team projects to be the worst team they have fielded as long as I have been closely watching.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been ranting about the ticket prices for years on here, and I kept hearing how it wouldn't change the attendance number. Well, that's nonsense.

UConn is being a penny wise and a pound foolish here. Drop the ticket prices to increase attendance, especially with families that help to create the next generation of Husky fans, even if you might decrease the revenue somewhat in the short term.

But filling the place with warm bodies creates a better environment. A better environment creates more excitement for recruits and fans, ultimately leading to a better product. A better product leads to even more fans and more revenue.

This isn't a hard formula to understand, especially in a stadium which is only averaging half capacity. Time to get this done and stop the nonsense...

What and ruin the Mayhem Minute or Minute of Mayhem or whatever that absolute travesty is called?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What and ruin the Mayhem Minute or Minute of Mayhem or whatever that absolute travesty is called?

Well, so long as the Mohegan Sun lounge seats are there for two (un)lucky folks, I think we'll be okay... ;)

Seriously though, lower the prices...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
BTW kudos to Andy Katz for finding a job and getting the holy hell out of there.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I've been ranting about the ticket prices for years on here, and I kept hearing how it wouldn't change the attendance number. Well, that's nonsense.

UConn is being a penny wise and a pound foolish here. Drop the ticket prices to increase attendance, especially with families that help to create the next generation of Husky fans, even if you might decrease the revenue somewhat in the short term.

But filling the place with warm bodies creates a better environment. A better environment creates more excitement for recruits and fans, ultimately leading to a better product. A better product leads to even more fans and more revenue.

This isn't a hard formula to understand, especially in a stadium which is only averaging half capacity. Time to get this done and stop the nonsense...

Amen.

Houston, USF, UCF all have better teams, better weather, competition for eyeballs with more events...and cheaper season tickets.

UConn sets these prices as if its 2002 and Miami & Virginia Tech are still someday going to come to the Rent.

THEY AREN'T. Drop the damn prices.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh, ok. Well, let me put it this way- it should cost a lot freaking less.

That’s why I don’t think dropping prices would make more than a marginal improvement to attendance.

It’s not like you can’t buy Top of Rent of Young Alumni and sit wherever you want now.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
That’s why I don’t think dropping prices would make more than a marginal improvement to attendance.

It’s not like you can’t buy Top of Rent of Young Alumni and sit wherever you want now.

People who aren't currently in the building don't know that.

Plus, I know that UConn may not have a lot of control over parking prices or concession prices, but all together added, a family of 4 is dropping well over $100 per game. And as had already been mentioned, that's to see Tulsa and Holy Cross... :confused:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
People who aren't currently in the building don't know that.

Plus, I know that UConn may not have a lot of control over parking prices or concession prices, but all together added, a family of 4 is dropping well over $100 per game. And as had already been mentioned, that's to see Tulsa and Holy Cross... :confused:

Anyone who has ever been there knows it - and it’s not like the seats are bad if you actually sit in them.

I sat at the top of 206 for years to avoid listening to idiots like those around me in 100 yesterday.

Concessions aren’t really off what they cost everywhere - since most people tailgate that one doesn’t seem like it keeps people home. Keeps some drunks in the parking lot for sure but nickle night would be worse than ghost town.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Anyone who has ever been there knows it - and it’s not like the seats are bad if you actually sit in them.

I sat at the top of 206 for years to avoid listening to idiots like those around me in 100 yesterday.

Concessions aren’t really off what they cost everywhere - since most people tailgate that one doesn’t seem like it keeps people home. Keeps some drunks in the parking lot for sure but nickle night would be worse than ghost town.

Alright.

I'll be back 6 months from now to say the same exact thing... ;)

(By the way, tell me you don't get fired up when you see that the 3-pack folks get twice as good of a deal as you do)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Alright.

I'll be back 6 months from now to say the same exact thing... ;)

(By the way, tell me you don't get fired up when you see that the 3-pack folks get twice as good of a deal as you do)

This athletic department shoots itself in the peen every chance they get. It may be hopeless.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Been a season ticket holder since the year before the Rent. I’m a long ago alum as well. We have excellent 50 yard line seats. Our section tops is a third full. The UConn point system is all about revenue and nothing about loyalty. They need to wise up, but with this conference andespecially our recent history on the field,angling courses to a more loyalty friendly system would take time. The corporate friendly system yields a lot of empty but sold seats.

What they need to seriously consider are ways to getting more students involved (and to last past halftime). They are trying to build a fan base. Much better sideline seats, whatever they charge students cut the cost and up the volume. Have on venue events after the games that might keep students hanging around. If they aren’t doing it already, have the coaches and players speak at dorms and other venues the students populate. Then generally reduce ticket prices to some level that is economic in the sense that hopefully encourages significantly more buyers. Find a seating process that to some much better degree stresses loyalty.

I don’t know that we’ll ever get there, but having been exposed to game day in Ann Arbor and Blacksburg, it is a different world. Those are on-campus stadiums. But people come from all over and Blacksburg is near no big population areas.

Reaction Score
Yale football is easier on the eyes right now. Sad days in East Hartford.

Yale's historic (and awesome) football stadium is off campus. They've been renovating it. Wish I got a piece of a bench when I could have.

Despite what our own fans say about the AAC, the AAC still has excellent football talent. Prices should definitely be lowered to drum up interest in games. The home slate next season is brutal. And an excellent chance for us to continue our rebuild. Lashlee might be here 3 years, at least.

Last edited:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Sucks that the home slate is over so early in November.

Weather's still warm, but there's no more home football to be had for our team? Lame.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This.

I know money is an issue for us, but filling the rent is Job #1. (Okay winning is Job #1 but filling the Rent is a close second.) Here's the thing, they know that they are going to have to give tickets away next next year. They ought to give a great deal to the season ticket holders to keep them in the fold during the rebuild. JMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wy bother paying for tickets? When the games get closer and lots of unsold tickets remain, the UCONN ticket office gets desperate and offers two for one sales or heavily discounted single tickets. At that time, if anyone really wants to go, get a ticket at a heavily discounted rate. Or just buy one for $5 from a scalper.

There's no need to buy overpriced season ticket packages or overpriced single gam tickets when waiting mean a lot of bargains.

Reaction Score
Wy bother paying for tickets? When the games get closer and lots of unsold tickets remain, the UCONN ticket office gets desperate and offers two for one sales or heavily discounted single tickets. At that time, if anyone really wants to go, get a ticket at a heavily discounted rate. Or just buy one for $5 from a scalper.

There's no need to buy overpriced season ticket packages or overpriced single gam tickets when waiting mean a lot of bargains.

How many games did you go to this year using that strategy?

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom