A message from Lou | The Boneyard

A message from Lou

Reaction Score
Lou.jpg

Reaction Score
Win or lose you gotta love those kids............Geno was so right when he said they were a special group...........I thought the fans and especially the student section was absolutely fantastic.......couldn't have asked for a better sendoff!:):)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Regarding that quote from Geno about Lou:

I remember him saying on more than one occasion...paraphrasing...that he was won
enough times but he was coaching for his players to win...clearly speaking about THE ring.

And specifically about Renee Montgomery...again paraphrasing...I would actually feel guilty about my coaching if she did
not get A ring. This was said after Renee point-guarded the team to an undefeated 2008-2009 season in her senior year...Maya's soph year. I believe that Renee basically started at point all 4 years.

Reaction Score
Win or lose you gotta love those kids............Geno was so right when he said they were a special group...........I thought the fans and especially the student section was absolutely fantastic.......couldn't have asked for a better sendoff!:):)
I have loved watching every player on this team. Hopefully, the get a championship. But, if they don't, this is still one of my very favorite UCONN teams. Feels like every player is something special.

Reaction Score
Wish we had four years with Lou.
I suspect things worked out exactly as they should have for Lou. She wouldn’t have been ready to play at UConn as a freshman. Instead, she found an environment that NEEDED her over the four years to be her best every single game. From that pressure, she learned how to remain calm, read the space, move off ball, and create her own shot.

She’s developed into a nuanced player who walked into a UConn team that needed her in similar ways, just at a higher level. And she’s met every challenge. I feel sure she has more room to grown given her work ethic and her understanding of the game. If I were a coach, I want her on my team.

On top of that, she’s had a dream of a season that no one could have anticipated. When she gets a chance to reflect back, she will have an amazing journey to unpack.

Always such a privilege to get a small glimpse into who the players are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom