A&M-Maryland game | The Boneyard

A&M-Maryland game

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This game interests me. Both squads eaked out very tough games on their home floors in the second round. Looking forward to watching this unfold.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yikes Tyra White picks up her second foul with 17:43 left in the half.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
10-2 A&M early. White is on the bench, but Maryland is having problems with A&M's defensive pressure...you know, because the don't play defense in the ACC. ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The loss of White hasn't hurt A&M, they're up 8.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A&M looks awfully good when they can make it an up and down game. They're not having as much success in the half court.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
A&M is kiling Maryland with three-point shots.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wow, threes falling for the Aggies, making a huge difference.

Reaction Score
Maryland is showing right now why you have to schedule the big boys in your non conference schedule...MD has not faced a Baylor, UConn, Stanford, Notre Dame, or even A&M and Tennessee and boy does it show. They are playing with such wishy washy intensity on both ends and A&M is making them pay big time.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
They should hold the regional sites at more campus like sites like the one we are playing at URI.
Or, if they're going to a big arena, it should be somewhere close to the region's top seeds. Dallas last season was awesome because there were 20K+ people in attendance to watch the regional finals, but that only happened because there were two Texas schools.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I dislike Maryland more then any other team that doesnt wear the sissy blue color...... but if they cost me a chance to win the Boneyard tournament this year then I will be highly irritated :mad:

They should hold the regional sites at more campus like sites like the one we are playing at URI.

Or place a local team in Raleigh that won the ACC regular season as the #2 seed over a team that only won the ACC tournament because the top 2 seeds were upset :rolleyes:

But it has worked out so far for us in Fresno...... being on the road has done our team a huge favor actually.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Maryland is showing right now why you have to schedule the big boys in your non conference schedule...MD has not faced a Baylor, UConn, Stanford, Notre Dame, or even A&M and Tennessee and boy does it show. They are playing with such wishy washy intensity on both ends and A&M is making them pay big time.
Indeed. Different leagues have different styles of play, and you're going to have to deal with that in the tourney.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
A&M won't go 100% from three-point land for the entire game, right???

Reaction Score
Or, if they're going to a big arena, it should be somewhere close to the region's top seeds. Dallas last season was awesome because there were 20K+ people in attendance to watch the regional finals, but that only happened because there were two Texas schools.

I'm sure the NCAA figured Duke or NC would end up there when they awarded the site to Raleigh. Then MD wins the ACC tourney and earns the right to be close to home.

Though I think you also overestimate the support that Duke gets.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I take it back about the Aggies' half court game, they're looking great in all aspects of the game right now. Of course, it's easy to look great when the other team 1. doesn't play defense and 2. plays without urgency or intensity.

Reaction Score
As much as TAMU is en fuego, almost all of their points are coming from outside, while all of MD's are in the paint. The recipe certainly is there for the Terps to come back.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm sure the NCAA figured Duke or NC would end up there when they awarded the site to Raleigh. Then MD wins the ACC tourney and earns the right to be close to home.

Not at all- don't think the scene would be like AA Arena least year, but would be better than what they have.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Give it up for A&M's defense, ladies and gentlemen...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Im sure they didnt figure UNC would end up there in Raleigh :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99