A lot more good than bad tonight.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A lot more good than bad tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Some might say that UConn was lucky to win. But I say this luck was made in Storrs. There was nothing lucky about the final 12 seconds. I think the lineup in the final seconds might tell us more than the starting lineup does: Pheesa, Lou, Nat, Gabby, and Crystal Dangerfield. What’s Geno thinking? No Kia. No Saniya. Clearly our coach has lost his head. It happens to the best. Then Pheesa makes a fantastic block, Crystal Dangerfield grabs the loose ball and is fouled. After making 1 of 2 free throws, 5’6” Crystal Dangerfield races back on defense and leaps two feet up, with a hand up, in front of the FSU shooter, confronting her with an 8ft high barrier, and making her shot extremely difficult. Then Gabby leaps above taller players to gather the final rebound and secure the victory. Geno is so lucky. Second guessing the man is not for amateurs… or pros.

Uh, Saniya and Kia had fouled out by the 12-second mark...

Reaction Score
It was a fun game to attend. FSU has a fine and hospitable fan base. Some thoughts.
1. I'm betting Collier gets a real workout this week on how not to lose the player she's guarding. Happened twice in the last 10 minutes, for two baskets. Not saying the baskets wouldn't have been made anyway, but Napheesa was in no position to try to stop them. This takes nothing away from her superior offensive game. Without her points, UConn loses.
2. Nurse's game was disappointing. And I am certain that a player as smart as she is will never commit anything resembling that three-shot foul again.
3. Butler really has improved her game. Not saying she's a starter, but she can give quality minutes, which they will certainly need.
4. Saniya was terrific. Made huge baskets when they were needed.
5. Dangerfield shows promise but is a work in progress. Not ready for prime time yet.
6. They will have their hands full against Baylor. Not sure this team can win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom