A look back: Kemba robbed of Big East POY and NCAA POY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A look back: Kemba robbed of Big East POY and NCAA POY

Reaction Score
I think people forget that after an absolutely amazing start to that season, Kemba shot awful in the middle of the season. I remember there being some backlash against him that season. Not exactly his fault but over a 12 game split (games 11-23)

10 for 27 Pitt
7 for 18 SFla
8 for 23 ND
8 for 27 Tex
7 for 15 Rutgers
10 for 17 Depaul
6 for 18 Nova
6 for 17 Tennessee
5 for 16 Marquette
7 for 23 Louisville
3 for 14 Cuse
7 for 19 Seton Hall
4 for 16 St Johns

Now he was forced to take a lot of shots b/c JLamb had not completely emerged, but that is 10 conference games where his shooting, as a whole, was pretty putrid.

Call 3 fouls a game on those missed shots, and his shooting improves massively. Scoring too.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Before this probably gets deleted...

Hansbrough actually had a decent argument for winning BE POY over Walker. He was the best player on a Notre Dame team that finished 2nd in the Big East with a 14-4 record. Kemba Walker was the best player on a UConn team that finished 9th with a 9-9 record. Looking at just conference games, which I imagine is the basis for determining conference player of the year, Hansbrough was a better offensive player than Kemba too - higher FG% (50.9 to 39.5), higher 3PFG% (43.0 to 33.0), higher TS% (65.9 to 50.0) and higher PER (29.0 to 25.2).

Also, it probably didn't help that Notre Dame went 2-0 against UConn during regular season too, or that while UConn went 4-7 over the 11 games, Notre Dame went 10-1.
Would you take hansbrough over Kemba?

Reaction Score
No one remembers BE POY or NCAA POY.

Everyone remembers National Champions, especially one that began its run with a hi5toric streak through the BET.
Oooooohhhhh. He used a 5 for the e55 sound!!!!

Reaction Score
The USA has really become insufferable with everyone going so nuts about race these days (and yes, I agree with NFL players, they have a legit gripe and should kneel to protest police slayings).

So, just as a point of order, what was the last "racial police slaying" that the NFL players are allegedly protesting ?

I only ask because the most recent one without referencing race, appears to have been Daniel Shaver. A white guy killed by a white cop that was either incompetent, dirty, or both, and then exonerated by the same justice system that is supposedly biased in favor of white people.

Point is, anecdotal evidence that makes a federal case out of a couple incidents because of race and completely ignores other cases, also because of race, is not a reason to "protest" during the national anthem in some ridiculously misguided notion that the protest would somehow serve to initiate a sea-change in the entire justice system in this country. The fact is, the backlash against those protests has probably hurt their "cause" more than helped.

Hell, I'd say go read Malcolm Jenkins WaPo editorial about the topic because he basically comes up with a handful of low level issues he'd like to see addressed, like the cash bail system. He's probably the most informed and eloquent of the protest group at expressing a coherent reason behind the protest, and yet his issues are minor, local, and probably best addressed through his local / state government and at worst some kind of local protest or activist movement. Instead, we have a national protest that a solid percentage of the public perceives as protesting the US, the flag, the anthem, or all of the above.

I mean, these are the same guys that bought into the "hands up, don't shoot" lie about Michael Brown. That kind of thing does far more damage than it helps anything.

Bottom line is, the whole "discussion" of race in this country is a bunch of BS. Your very first sentence is 100% accurate and does not need the NFL protest caveat, because, frankly, it's a symptom of the problem you identified in the first place.

Reaction Score
So, just as a point of order, what was the last "racial police slaying" that the NFL players are allegedly protesting ?

I only ask because the most recent one without referencing race, appears to have been Daniel Shaver. A white guy killed by a white cop that was either incompetent, dirty, or both, and then exonerated by the same justice system that is supposedly biased in favor of white people.

Point is, anecdotal evidence that makes a federal case out of a couple incidents because of race and completely ignores other cases, also because of race, is not a reason to "protest" during the national anthem in some ridiculously misguided notion that the protest would somehow serve to initiate a sea-change in the entire justice system in this country. The fact is, the backlash against those protests has probably hurt their "cause" more than helped.

Hell, I'd say go read Malcolm Jenkins WaPo editorial about the topic because he basically comes up with a handful of low level issues he'd like to see addressed, like the cash bail system. He's probably the most informed and eloquent of the protest group at expressing a coherent reason behind the protest, and yet his issues are minor, local, and probably best addressed through his local / state government and at worst some kind of local protest or activist movement. Instead, we have a national protest that a solid percentage of the public perceives as protesting the US, the flag, the anthem, or all of the above.

I mean, these are the same guys that bought into the "hands up, don't shoot" lie about Michael Brown. That kind of thing does far more damage than it helps anything.

Bottom line is, the whole "discussion" of race in this country is a bunch of BS. Your very first sentence is 100% accurate and does not need the NFL protest caveat, because, frankly, it's a symptom of the problem you identified in the first place.
Oh, I was horrified to see the story of Daniel Shaver and people should be just as up in arms about that as anything else.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
and Brey won coach of the year for like the 22nd time, too bad he had to go to the ACC to finally win a championship

there's a dude that seemingly always has three seniors starting

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom