A Look at Teams Asia Durr is Considering | The Boneyard

A Look at Teams Asia Durr is Considering

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice break down for those of us who don't focus that closely on other teams rosters.
On the publicity - well the other #1 has already quietly committed somewhere so there is no chance of hoopla over that - might as well focus on Durr.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Nice break down for those of us who don't focus that closely on other teams rosters.
On the publicity - well the other #1 has already quietly committed somewhere so there is no chance of hoopla over that - might as well focus on Durr.

I guess if you want attention and you have the ability to get attention, and you position yourself to grab attention, you get attention.

The media picks it up, and if you do well at your choice of school, promotes you (three to see), thus you have effectively marketed yourself and raised your stock in the post graduation world.

It's a gamble.

Do kids worry about losing respect of others while taking this path? Well, I can't answer that, but I can point out that during all of the severe weather this weekend, if you turned to the weather channel to get an update on the severity in your area, likely you would get programming such as "Fat Guys in the Woods" (I kid you not) instead of a forecast. Just saying...

I wish her the best of luck...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I guess if you want attention and you have the ability to get attention, and you position yourself to grab attention, you get attention.

Do kids worry about losing respect of others while taking this path? Well, I can't answer that, but I can point out that during all of the severe weather this weekend, if you turned to the weather channel to get an update on the severity in your area, likely you would get programming such as "Fat Guys in the Woods" (I kid you not) instead of a forecast. Just saying...

I knew it.
I knew it.
I knew it.
There are cameras in the woods behind my house.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

The media picks it up, and if you do well at your choice of school, promotes you (three to see), thus you have effectively marketed yourself and raised your stock in the post graduation world.

It's a gamble.

The media already made her recruitment an event. She's just making it easy on herself by catering to them. If you have a press conference, it probably saves you from having reporters calling you for quotes.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
The media already made her recruitment an event. She's just making it easy on herself by catering to them. If you have a press conference, it probably saves you from having reporters calling you for quotes.

oh, ok......

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Are we talking about the show "Raising Asia"?

Oops sorry different activities I guess :oops:

Reaction Score
I mean, just my $0.02. I actually think Asia has been pretty, low key about her recruitment.
She has been pretty low key about her recruitment. I don't think she's going to ND or Baylor because she didn't take any official visit to either one of those schools.

Reaction Score
She has been pretty low key about her recruitment. I don't think she's going to ND or Baylor because she didn't take any official visit to either one of those schools.
Thought she was just at ND this past weekend.....?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No she wasn't. It was Arike Ogunbowale took her official visit to ND this past weekend. Durr hasn't visited Baylor or ND at all and signs are pointing to her choosing Louisville.

http://kentuckysports.co/top-prospe...ay/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
If not us (and it's not), then I hope she picks Louisville. Kinda like Walz, and now that they are not in our conference, good luck to them.

Still would have loved to see her play for UCONN. I think she's gonna be special. Or as Geno would say, really, really good.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Good Luck to Asia where ever she goes. As I have said it will have no effect on UConn either way. UConn continues to get better leaving everybody else in the dust. When your number 1 in the polls the view never changes. Every other team is still looking up at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom