A local view of UConn in the Ft. Myers tourney...they really liked us! | The Boneyard

A local view of UConn in the Ft. Myers tourney...they really liked us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I have good friends who spend the winter in Ft. Myers. The husband sent me the articles in the
local paper regarding our beloved. Apparently they...uhhh...loved UConn's presence.
An opinion writer said that it was a huge coup to get UConn to come to that event...that it gave the tournament
credibility going forward. He opined that the UConn women were more a draw than all but a few of the elite
men's programs. The men's event earlier that week drew around 9G fans for the 3 days. The women's
event drew around 10G....with UConn fans being the lion's share of that.

It sounds like THE women's program in the land made a huge hit with the organizers.

BTW: next year's event is headlined by Stanford and Louisville....that would be a super final game.
I wonder if those teams will have fans who travel...as did UConn [with considerable aid from
a variety of malcontents on the Boneyard.].

Reaction Score
I have good friends who spend the winter in Ft. Myers. The husband sent me the articles in the
local paper regarding our beloved. Apparently they...uhhh...loved UConn's presence.
An opinion writer said that it was a huge coup to get UConn to come to that event...that it gave the tournament
credibility going forward. He opined that the UConn women were more a draw than all but a few of the elite
men's programs. The men's event earlier that week drew around 9G fans for the 3 days. The women's
event drew around 10G....with UConn fans being the lion's share of that.

It sounds like THE women's program in the land made a huge hit with the organizers.

BTW: next year's event is headlined by Stanford and Louisville....that would be a super final game.
I wonder if those teams will have fans who travel...as did UConn [with considerable aid from
a variety of malcontents on the Boneyard.].

Several years ago went to Miami U. to see UC/Miami . Was shocked to see 7 or 8 buses all UC fans came from all parts of Florida, 80% of the fans in attendacne were UC fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom