A little perspective | The Boneyard

A little perspective

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The below linked article is about men’s basketball but it might give some perspective on our UConn women’s season. Blue blood men’s teams are doing horribly this season and are in real danger of missing the tourney. I’m talking about Duke, North Carolina, and Kentucky. Why? They’re young, really young, and too inexperienced to excel in this shortened season.

Our Huskies are young, too. Are they in danger of missing the tourney? No, they’re ranked #1 after beating the top ranked team. They’re winning, and it’s ugly sometimes, but they are finding a way to get the job done. With so few games before the tournament, I think that’s the best we can hope for - just win, baby. It won’t always be pretty.

It could be...

Reaction Score
This year is so crazed. Every woman college basketball team can beat the other, and no one is super strong. We are young and lucky to have Paige and beat South Carolina.

With Paige I think we still have the chance to be in the final four and to win the NC. Wish the best and whatever the result I will be happy, just wish everyone is healthy.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well stated @HuskyNan . I was planning to post on tonight's post game thread because of what I watched but decided not to because of what you posted. They were playing the last game of a really tough stretch which included the #1 team in the country (and were the Preseason #1 pick) and the top 3 teams in the conference. But they got job #1 done - a win. All of us should be happy, proud and amazed by how good these guys are and will be!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I am happily reminded of a song in the 1962 Broadway production, She Loves Me...my all time favorite show...There is a song called "Perspective" in which Sipos, a middle-age slob, explains why he has been able to retain his position in a fancy perfumery:

Call me fool,
That's alright with me.
Here's my rule,
Never disagree.
Where's my pride?
Swallowed long ago.
Deep inside,
Where it doesn't show.
Bowing, scraping, nodding, beaming
Always humble
Not an ounce of self respect.
Yes sir, yes sir, you're so right sir
Black is white sir
'Scuse me while I genuflect.
How do I remain so calm and cheerful?
How do I retain my piece of mind?
Let me just explain my rationale
It's all in your perspective.
Listen! Listen!
To an old Hungarian's philosophy.

(singing dialogue)
I am only one of
several in a rather small parfumerie.
Which is only one of several in this city.
Which is one of many cities in this country which
Is only one
Of many countries
Which are on this continent
Which is only one of seven on this not so special planet
Which is one of several in our solar system
Which is only one of many solar systems
In this vast, and inconievable affair, that is the universe
Sooooooo
In this infinite, incomprehensible scheme
If a dot called Maraczek should scream
At a speck called Sipos
What on Earth does it matter?
------
The upshot being: Do not-Lose-Your Job.

Reaction Score
These kids are a delight!
Love watching them play whether they win by 4 or 44! How lucky we are to see all the games televised! Bravo to each and every gal!
Now.... get some rest and have fun!
See you Wednesday!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom