A little hope for CV | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A little hope for CV

Reaction Score
Come on, this is so dumb. The season was 90% over. You’re going to give all of these seniors another year because they missed out on a few games at the end? The logistics alone are a nightmare.

I don’t think it’s dumb. It just means these seniors played their whole senior seasons for nothing. Their efforts go to waste.

Reaction Score
Those "few games" at the end are the ones they work their a$$es off all year to compete in. So yea..they should be given another chance to win a national championship
What about seniors on teams who wouldn’t have made the tournament? Are they excluded? What about teams with 5 seniors vs a team like Villanova with none? Does that team get an 18 man roster and Nova only 13? Are teams declaring inactives each game like the NFL? Who pays for these additional scholarships? The whole thing, while a nice idea, is stupid.

Reaction Score
If they do this, every incoming recruit should be automatically released from their LOI and be able to reopen their recruitment. Roster makeup impacted their decision initially, they should all now get an opportunity to reevaluate.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
It sounds like a good idea until you think about the logistics of it. What about a team that graduating 5 seniors? Do they get to have an 18 man roster?
I thought this take (and subsequent tweet) would work out some of the logistics (basically allow a free transfer and it would sort itself out). Players aren't going to stay if they aren't going to get PT.

Reaction Score
I thought this take (and subsequent tweet) would work out some of the logistics (basically allow a free transfer and it would sort itself out). Players aren't going to stay if they aren't going to get PT.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up that the NCAA would move forward with something like this. It seems like a logistical nightmare that they wouldn’t want to undertake. They haven’t even provided clarity on how the waivers for transfers work (and how inconsistent they are on applying these) and if the no sit out transfer policy will be in play for next season. They’re trying to delay the name, image, likeness piece as well. I just don’t see them moving forward with this.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Pretty easy fix. each senior gets an extra year not against the cap
So a team with 5 seniors this year get 18 scholarships next year? No way

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s dumb. It just means these seniors played their whole senior seasons for nothing. Their efforts go to waste.

Disagree. The seniors, in every program, just completed a 30 game refular season. They played to win those games and their efforts did not go to waste. The conference tourneys and NCAA's are made for TV extras.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Wow, his development as a player and person has been crazy. It's a testament to CV and Hurley. CV is a stud and will do really well in life.

He’s always been very articulate but the maturity he has now to match is super impressive. Agreed he is going to be a very successful person whatever he does in life.

One of my favorites to ever put UCONN on his chest! I suspect one day his name and number will hang on the wall in Gampel forever.

Reaction Score
I LOVE CV, one of my favorite recent huskies. Lets remember though, there are some VERY good UConn players not on up on the wall. I can tell you for a fact they will not put him up there.

Hurleys call

Reaction Score
I feel for all the seniors who were denied the post season but like a natural disaster, there are always some more affected than others. Allowing seniors another year is a terrible precedent with the exception of possibly giving seniors a 5th year if they haven't already redshirted or transferred. If that was the case, they should also have to stay at their current school.

Reaction Score
I LOVE CV, one of my favorite recent huskies. Lets remember though, there are some VERY good UConn players not on up on the wall. I can tell you for a fact they will not put him up there.
Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but how could you possibly know this as fact?

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas was promoting this idea on the air yesterday saying "it would be the right thing to do".

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

It’s looking more likely imo. It’ll be up to him if he decides to return.

The NCAA saying "The committee will also discuss issues..." is goshdarn meaningless. Nobody navel gazes like the NCAA.

I just don't see them being able to do it logistically. Unless they upend the entire scholarship structure.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas was promoting this idea on the air yesterday saying "it would be the right thing to do".

What the hell are they gonna do, give everybody extra scholarships? What if you have four seniors, and then a full compliment coming in? You get 17 players? That means everybody has to get 17 players. Are they allowing decommits then so some schools can poach?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but how could you possibly know this as fact?
Far better players not on the wall. Realistically speaking, I'm not really even sure he will be given consideration. Remember, I am a big fan of his too, nothing against CV.

Reaction Score
If the NCAA allowed it it would still be up to rhe school whether to honorvit since scholarships are on a ywarly eenewal. Besides changing team dynamics wilh incoming freshmen ir would also cost schools a bunch of $$ for scholarships, travel etc.

For spring sports it’s a bit easier proposition since I would think most players would be allows to redshirt for the year provided there were scholarships available. Would some freshman sue because they perceived there future earning potential was diminished.

Reaction Score
Far better players not on the wall. Realistically speaking, I'm not really even sure he will be given consideration. Remember, I am a big fan of his too, nothing against CV.

I'm curious who the far better players are? This kid deserves it as much as anyone. He was an absolutely key piece to the return of real UConn basketball. I would be honored to see his jersey among his fellow stars.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I'm curious who the far better players are? This kid deserves it as much as anyone. He was an absolutely key piece to the return of real UConn basketball. I would be honored to see his jersey among his fellow stars.
Boatright Villanueva Josh Boone AJ Price Marcus Williams Jeff Adrien all come to mind. I've said this before I am a big fan of Vital but if you want him in there do you want Jalen Adams too? They are comparable players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom