A little hope for CV | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A little hope for CV

caw

Reaction Score
They'd have to essentially allow schools to expand the number of scholarship players to make it work. It might also force difficult conversations because kids sign on expecting people to be gone, etc.

I'm not necessarily opposed to it or anything, but there's a lot to think about before they did it.

i don’t get how this would work in conjunction with 5th year transfer rules. Imagine a free for all on all graduating seniors...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let’s put him in husky of honor.
If he wasn't put in if this didn't happen it would be criminal
He will be there - no doubt
Look at his stats playing less games than some up there with less around him
A sparkling career for a great young man
He will be missed

Reaction Score
i don’t get how this would work in conjunction with 5th year transfer rules. Imagine a free for all on all graduating seniors...

Yeah I imagine they would not let them be eligible for this with the waiver.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They'd have to essentially allow schools to expand the number of scholarship players to make it work. It might also force difficult conversations because kids sign on expecting people to be gone, etc.

I'm not necessarily opposed to it or anything, but there's a lot to think about before they did it.

I would love it cause we could really, really use CV next year. But it won't happen. Even if they wanted to (they don't), Emmert does not possess this kind of forward nor lateral thinking to pull this off. Pure bureaucrat.

Reaction Score
What I would like to see is the group of kids who played 1 or 2 or 3... over the threshold and then got injured (and thus wouldn't get a redshirt year), get to petition and if they are within 4 games or so of the threshold, would gain that year of eligibility back.

Reaction Score
I know people are upset but if you do this then you have to erase the season for everyone. Why should CV get an extra year but not Gaffney? Both players had the opportunity taken away. It’s just not going to happen.
Because CV is a senior. He has no more chances , Gaffney has 3 more years

Reaction Score
If he wasn't put in if this didn't happen it would be criminal
He will be there - no doubt
Look at his stats playing less games than some up there with less around him
A sparkling career for a great young man
He will be missed
Not a chance his name/number goes up on that wall. Nice career, but team accomplished nothing during his career and he wasn’t All American or even close. There’s a standard.

Reaction Score
Sniper loves UConn but I think he is ready to move on. There is no doubt in my mind that CV thinks he can make an NBA roster.

This, he's good enough to make money somewhere. I look forward to seeing him in the NBA summer league,

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This, he's good enough to make money somewhere. I look forward to seeing him in the NBA summer league,

I think he'll love playing in Europe and they'll love watching him. Assuming Euro play is ready to go again in the fall (for this season, China restarts on 4/1, but Euroleague on indefinite hold).

Reaction Score
Tough to justify for basketball, but baseball players may have a case. They did not even play close to half of the season.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Let’s put him in husky of honor.
I LOVE CV, one of my favorite recent huskies. Lets remember though, there are some VERY good UConn players not on up on the wall. I can tell you for a fact they will not put him up there.

Reaction Score
ONE MORE YEAR. ONE MORE YEAR.

He doesn’t have any major prospects in terms of professional (like NBA). Honestly another big season and he can get better looks. I know it’s awk after all the senior ceremony stuff but hell he knows how close this team is. If I’m a better man, if he gets that choice, I think he will come back.

Reaction Score
CV just strikes me as a guy that given what he's been through would love a chance to go out on the big stage in the Big East and NCAA - playing at home in front of family vs making a little bit of money playing in Hungary.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

It sounds like a good idea until you think about the logistics of it. What about a team that graduating 5 seniors? Do they get to have an 18 man roster?

Reaction Score
Come on, this is so dumb. The season was 90% over. You’re going to give all of these seniors another year because they missed out on a few games at the end? The logistics alone are a nightmare.

Reaction Score
Come on, this is so dumb. The season was 90% over. You’re going to give all of these seniors another year because they missed out on a few games at the end? The logistics alone are a nightmare.
I mean yes. Absolutely. I would be demanding it if I were a senior. It’s a one year, one off change. It’s simple to implement.
1- NCAA foots the bill
2- let seniors return if they want. I doubt all will
3- return to regular eligibility standards the season after.

Reaction Score
Those "few games" at the end are the ones they work their a$$es off all year to compete in. So yea..they should be given another chance to win a national championship

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom