A little (Ashlynn) Shade | The Boneyard

A little (Ashlynn) Shade

Reaction Score
I don't think any incoming UConn recruit has ever been more prepared from a conditioning standpoint than Ashlynn Shade.........other than continued work on her three point shot consistency, she's ready to go..........I'm sure Geno and the coaching staff already know she's just too aggressive and relentless not to earn some court time this season.........

Reaction Score
I don't think any incoming UConn recruit has ever been more prepared from a conditioning standpoint than Ashlynn Shade.........other than continued work on her three point shot consistency, she's ready to go..........I'm sure Geno and the coaching staff already know she's just too aggressive and relentless not to earn some court time this season.........

Maya Moore

Reaction Score
No one’s talking about Ashlynn. I hope she sneaks up on people, in a good way

Lots of court savvy (shout out to Meg C.) and awareness..
Nice to see her pass out of her back-down, turn-around.
This is one of her top offensive tools. Not a wonder to see double teams.
Eager for June to get here!

Reaction Score
Maya Moore
It wasn’t conditioning that separated Moore from other kids coming into the program. It was her ridiculous skill development that allowed her to overcome her relative lack of knowledge of college offensive and defensive schemes that got her on the floor immediately. Auriemma used to joke that she didn’t know what she was doing but she could get the ball in the hole. That won’t be the case for this year’s class, none of them are near the level Moore was. It will be a fairly long learning curve for them. El Alfy has probably the best shot at PT because of her size providing she can handle physicality that she has never seen to this point.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Maya Moore
The OP stated no one has been “more prepared,” not “as prepared.” Moore may have been as prepared, but thatdoes not mean she was more prepared.

I would also put Faris and an uninjured G. Williams in the category of “as prepared.” For that matter, in regards to the requirements of the position played, A. Jones may have been “as prepared,” though I am not ready to defend that claim vigorously.

Reaction Score
Svet

Reaction Score
It will be a fairly long learning curve for them. El Alfy has probably the best shot at PT because of her size providing she can handle physicality that she has never seen to this point.
I’m not sure Geno agrees about Jana. He has said he thinks she’s pretty far along the curve. Coach’s kids tend to be like that.

As for Ashlynn, I think she’ll surprise. She’s a little small for sg, and she isn’t super quick. But she is relentless and a great shooter already. She’ll get some Nov-Dec minutes. I doubt she’ll be in the short rotation in February, but even then she may get spot minutes. KK may have more “twitch fibers” than Ashlynn, but she’s got nothing on her toughness.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The second coming of Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (KLM) perhaps? KLM helped us win a lot of games. :cool:

Reaction Score
No one’s talking about Ashlynn. I hope she sneaks up on people, in a good way

I'm going to rename my SWISS ARMY KNIFE === " Ashlynn!!!". Nice
"sharp" shooting and very " sharp " passing. Way to go! P.S. I was
just watching yesterday some Ashlynn's highlights with her H.S. team = LaLum!
NICE!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The second coming of Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (KLM) perhaps? KLM helped us win a lot of games. :cool:
More Shea Ralph. Shea wasn’t as good a shooter as a freshmen but both are tough minded, aggressive, no holds barred types

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
More Shea Ralph. Shea wasn’t as good a shooter as a freshmen but both are tough minded, aggressive, no holds barred types
I posted in another post that I would not be surprised if Shade gets more minutes early season than KK does. It is something about her that says she is ready now to play UConn ball. However, KK will be right on her heels.

Reaction Score
I posted in another post that I would not be surprised if Shade gets more minutes early season than KK does. It is something about her that says she is ready now to play UConn ball. However, KK will be right on her heels.
I hope they become BFFs

Reaction Score
KK has the advantage of great speed which allows Geno to really change the look of the team..............she's going to make plenty of ballhandling mistakes early because she's always in a hurry.........she hasn't yet learned how to play under complete control...........pretty similar to early MoJeff in that regard.........I could envision Geno having Nika, KK and Shade all on the court looking for fastbreak opportunities and using the press to bother the opposition.......

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Man, she does look like a UConn guard doesn't she?
I like that she was clapping her hands and calling for the ball. She’s got that swagger. The Paige-Nika-Aaliyah class brought aggressiveness and swagger back to UConn, Ashlynn and KK are going to continue it.

Reaction Score
She has good ball handling skills and a great looking shot. With the make up of next years team I think a player like her could be in there but she would have to be the best defender of the other shooters. I see Paige and Azzi really moving with the ball which will open someone up to set and shoot threes from the corner. I think the tie breaker will be defense since UCONN has so many players that can shoot.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I think Ashlynn will be a player for us this season. She's built solid as per her workouts with dad, so mixing it up in the lane is no problem for her. She reminds me a little like Caroline, able to drive, shoot the 3, and bully her way through the paint. Of course, we really won't get the real picture of her and the others until they take the floor and show what they can do. They all have upsides, but when will these upsides reveal themselves? I suppose it could go either way, like Aaliyah, or like Amari. Still, I am really enthused about these kids, and if two of them can contribute to a NC team I will be a happy old man. I am looking forward to this season more than the last two, because the injury bug is long gone.

Reaction Score
Both Shade and Samuels are 3pt shooters and both say they take pride in their defense. In the Ball is Life game Samuels was one of the few playing any defense. And for what it's worth she was one of the tallest players on the court. Needs to add muscle but if her 3 is college-ready she could spend some time waiting in the weakside corner.

The summer pickup games would be something to see.

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse looked like a starter the moment she came to UConn. She reminds me of her a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom