2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis, UConn visit. | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis, UConn visit.

awy

Reaction Score
the guy on the right is delirious with his take/interpretation of how the coach talks to players. uconn has a personalized development plan for each player on the roster and the time invested in each one is signficant from the staff. it's part of why they don't recruit players they don't really like, the time commitment is signficant. it has nothing to do with some motivational harsh words in practice.

Reaction Score
Just for context, what’s the background on these dudes ? Are they just random talking heads or do they have some sort of credentials and allegiances?

Reaction Score
Just for context, what’s the background on these dudes ? Are they just random talking heads or do they have some sort of credentials and allegiances?
Random talking heads, but they've been doing it for a bit. Greg works with Field of 68 on occasion.

They put out a lot of content and are moderately entertaining.

Reaction Score
These are Big 10 podcasters who said Boo Bouie from Northwestern was the best player when we played them then said we had nobody that could slow down Terrence Shannon. They do not do their homework
Most of my in laws and a few of my best friends are big ten fans. The Big Ten fans, or any P4 for that matter, remind me of people from Texas or SoCal: They only know what comes out of their region.

When my Cali friends visited my family in CT.- True story- one guy said "can we go hike a canyon and then go to a Gelson's to pick up some food?"

Similarly, my purdue fan in-laws actually said to me, before the '23 tourney "UConn is good but they don't have any good big men".

I feel that UConn fans have a really good grasp on teams from other conferences.

Reaction Score
Carter (guy on the left) played college basketball at a small program. Greg I'm assuming didn't, but he's a big Michigan/B10 fan.

Reaction Score
Love the upside of Acaden. Exactly the kind of player who thrives and develops at UConn, then becomes a high draft pick.

Reaction Score
It's been a big spring for Lewis. His recruitment and status as a prospect in the 2025 class have both skyrocketed. He gained steam during his junior season at Sidwell Friends School where he cemented himself as one of the top prospects in the DMV. Lewis continued his high level of play during the grassroots season. He is averaging 15.3 points, 3.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists for Team Durant on the Nike EYBL circuit.

In 247Sports' most recent update, Lewis rose 44 spots (from No. 78 to No. 34) in the class of 2025 rankings.

Reaction Score
Most of my in laws and a few of my best friends are big ten fans. The Big Ten fans, or any P4 for that matter, remind me of people from Texas or SoCal: They only know what comes out of their region.

When my Cali friends visited my family in CT.- True story- one guy said "can we go hike a canyon and then go to a Gelson's to pick up some food?"

Similarly, my purdue fan in-laws actually said to me, before the '23 tourney "UConn is good but they don't have any good big men".

I feel that UConn fans have a really good grasp on teams from other conferences.
Most power 4 fans think the big east is another mid major conference and lead the whole narrative that the big east will be nonexistent in a couple years. Despite the 4 national championships coming out of the conference in the past 9-10 years between us and Villanova…

Honestly it’s funner this way. Love seeing their faces and reactions when they get plowed by UConn in march. Even this year, northwestern fans were saying we’ve never seen a defense like theirs, or Bama fans saying we won’t be able to keep up with them, etc.

Reaction Score
Most power 4 fans think the big east is another mid major conference and lead the whole narrative that the big east will be nonexistent in a couple years. Despite the 4 national championships coming out of the conference in the past 9-10 years between us and Villanova…

Honestly it’s funner this way. Love seeing their faces and reactions when they get plowed by UConn in march. Even this year, northwestern fans were saying we’ve never seen a defense like theirs, or Bama fans saying we won’t be able to keep up with them, etc.
Yep.... they thought every team we had lined up in the next round had something that we hadn't seen before and couldn't handle... you can add Edey/Purdue to that list.

Reaction Score
Yep.... they thought every team we had lined up in the next round had something that we hadn't seen before and couldn't handle... you can add Edey/Purdue to that list.
Yup I recall purdue mentioning how much talent they have and a bunch of other stuff. And Illinois mentioning we haven’t seen size like theirs. The size one I found particularly funny, given the big east was loaded with big time centers. It’s like they think the big east is full of 6’8 big men and 6 ft guards.

Reaction Score
Would love him as well as Thomas. Thomas has one and done potential, but Lewis could stick around for a few years and pair up with Nowell.

Reaction Score
Yup I recall purdue mentioning how much talent they have and a bunch of other stuff. And Illinois mentioning we haven’t seen size like theirs. The size one I found particularly funny, given the big east was loaded with big time centers. It’s like they think the big east is full of 6’8 big men and 6 ft guards.
This was also a view shared by some on this very forum. That the "next game" won't be so easy, toughest matchup yet etc etc

Reaction Score
This was also a view shared by some on this very forum. That the "next game" won't be so easy, toughest matchup yet etc etc
I think maybe some of that was a combination of some not wanting to appear "spoiled and arrogant" and also some just trying to save themselves from potential disappointment. But certainly some just didn't fully believe in the team.

Reaction Score
Idk if someone said this before so that’s why it’s in my head, but just checked out some videos of him and he kind of is giving me some shades of a bigger Mark Sears. Love the shiftiness and craft/will to attack the bucket.

Reaction Score
Without edey they lose by 50. Their guards were way overmatched.

Reaction Score
Theyre utter trash. Uconn haters that were forced to bend the knee and also classlessly called Reed "the stupidest player ever". Trash move to say that about a kid going out there busting his tail for a program thats as big a mess as Michigan. Theyre tools.

Reaction Score
Theyre utter trash. Uconn haters that were forced to bend the knee and also classlessly called Reed "the stupidest player ever". Trash move to say that about a kid going out there busting his tail for a program thats as big a mess as Michigan. Theyre tools.

They said “Hurley’s greatest accomplishment would be turning Reed into a viable/productive player.”

Reaction Score

Northwestern played defense? Who knew?

The Big Ten shouldn't be making fun of A Ten basketball. They have the same number of championships over the last generation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom