A Letter from Kia to Aaliyah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Letter from Kia to Aaliyah

Reaction Score
That video left me with some tears in my eyes, in a good way. :)

I am still a bit sad that Kia never made All-American while at UConn especially given her defense and glue to keep that team ticking. She is one of the 2 or 3 best players to not make that team, if not the best player not on the wall. I wonder if we could add an "All-Canandian" or "All World" wall as a supplement...:rolleyes:
I would say there have been hundreds of players that would trade their All-American designation for a National Championship or even just the chance to play for a National Championship {unless of course they had to play UCONN in that championship game, as it did not go well for those 11 teams, so far, and hopefully will continue on into the future....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would say there have been hundreds of players that would trade their All-American designation for a National Championship or even just the chance to play for a National Championship {unless of course they had to play UCONN in that championship game, as it did not go well for those 11 teams, so far, and hopefully will continue on into the future....
Um, ok, but I was solely talking about UConn so...?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Jordy, darn, me too, me too. I think its just the dry winter air, we should be OK after a bit.
I'm not so sure.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Kia has often been asked if she wants to coach. She says no. Not enough patience.Likes her media gigs
Give her time. Things may change.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I am still a bit sad that Kia never made All-American while at UConn especially given her defense and glue to keep that team ticking. She is one of the 2 or 3 best players to not make that team, if not the best player not on the wall. I wonder if we could add an "All-Canandian" or "All World" wall as a supplement...:rolleyes:
The fans and media were enamored with Gabby's flash bang. They weren't enamored by Kiah's grind it out blue color style. Don't let Paige's flash bang blind people to Aaliyah's blue color excellence. Both will deserve their acknowledgement.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The fans and media were enamored with Gabby's flash bang. They weren't enamored by Kiah's grind it out blue color style.
Gabby deserved everything she got. If you want to talk fan fave "flash" on that team, it begins and ends with KLS.

Reaction Score
Gabby deserved everything she got. If you want to talk fan fave "flash" on that team, it begins and ends with KLS.

Are you saying that KLS did not deserve the accolades she got at Uconn?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
A deTwitterized version came up on YouTube this morning. Just as stirring if not more so because of the viewability.

Third rime I have watched this video, each time I get the sniffles. Not a small thing when you are 6'2" 280 pounds and the sniffles go all the way to my knees. Kia is and has always bee class on and off the court. Hope our current Canadian follows in her foot steps.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Never said Gabby did not deserve her accolades. However, it is the nature of the fans and media to gravitate to the "entertaining" athlete. I am sure Geno and CD valued both on the same level. Kiah was a low maintenance player who consistently had the confidence. Assuredly she was much appreciated by Geno and CD.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kia has often been asked if she wants to coach. She says no. Not enough patience.Likes her media gigs

I was getting a bit choked up like the others. Then I read the above. Not sure how Kia took away from four years with Geno that coaching requires patience, rofl.

Reaction Score
That video left me with some tears in my eyes, in a good way. :)

Keeping the streak alive in 2014-2015 after the loss to Stanford, Geno's greatest coaching job was to put the Freshman Kia in the starting lineup. The rest is history.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you saying that KLS did not deserve the accolades she got at Uconn?
I'm saying Nurse was the better player. And if that poster was going to use one of her teammates as an example someone who got accolades due to "flash bang", there was a better example.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That's what you implied with your post whether you meant it or not.
No, I believe that is what you ASSUMED that he meant. He never said that Gabby didn't deserve anything, he stated that the fans and media liked Gabby's style of play better.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Keeping the streak alive in 2014-2015 after the loss to Stanford, Geno's greatest coaching job was to put the Freshman Kia in the starting lineup. The rest is history.
History will also note that Geno made two changes to the starting lineup after that Stanford loss. In addition to Kia Nurse replacing Saniya Chong, Morgan Tuck also replaced Kiah Stokes in the starting lineup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom