OT: - A Husky In The House -- For REAL. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: A Husky In The House -- For REAL.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
You better not have any cats. Huskies like to eat cats. You also need to be very careful if any of your neighbors have cats. They are also very active and need plenty of space. Good luck!

They eat EVERYTHING. Including Seminoles, Bears, Longhorns, the Irish, an occasional Buckeye, Terps, Owls, Gamecocks, Bulls, Oranges and Bruins.

Reaction Score
To be factual the whole post was: Get a Samoyed--beautiful personality , beautiful looking, easy to handle-
I did read your post. My reply was on a tangent. I know you didn't suggest we change our mascot! Game time!

Reaction Score
I didn't know UConn was looking for a replacement
Sorry. I was moving too fast. again. Just a tangental thought with zero relevance on my part! No. UCONN is not hunting for a change!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I had a Husky/St. Bernard mix (if you could imagine what that would look like) and her name was Misti. I believe my next dog however will be an Alaskan Malamute... they look like a Husky but are completely different breeds.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If I am thinking about getting a dog, a Husky could be the choice. What should I know about these beautiful animals? What is their disposition/personality? Do many Husky fans own Huskies? Let the useful advice flow, and thank you in advance for offering it.

Have not read the thread, just saw your post. Don't do it. Period. These dogs are immensely powerful and if they do not get lots of exercise every day in a cool climate you do not want to live with what may happen. Did anyone mention their curved teeth and the consequences thereof? Lots of websites including the American Kennel Club will give you accurate information about breeds.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
To be factual the whole post was: Get a Samoyed--beautiful personality , beautiful looking, easy to handle--caring, protective, obedient--easily train-able. I owned 2-- an adult and a pup---I was the envy of my street--I'd slide (sled) down hills with that pup between my legs--and he'd pull my sled up the hills at age 4 months. Most people don't know the difference and called Samoyed's --Siberian Huskies--or Huskys--they ain't cheap to buy--but most pure bred dogs are costly.

I had to place our Sammy with another family when he insisted in running into the woods behind the house and rolling in offal about every 3 days when my wife was pregnant with our second child. I came home one night to "It's me or THAT DOG!" Killed me. He was a great guy. Here BoBo, come BoBo. We gave him to a family, with small children, and the hubby's nick name was BoBo. Kismet. They kept in touch for a while. It was a perfect union.

Reaction Score
Friends had a malamute pup for a while. The bigger it got the more things it found to chew. The found a willing home in the country and gave it away...beautiful but too much for them. I will add they were not good trainers either...this always matters with dogs.

Reaction Score
Have not read the thread, just saw your post. Don't do it. Period. These dogs are immensely powerful and if they do not get lots of exercise every day in a cool climate you do not want to live with what may happen. Did anyone mention their curved teeth and the consequences thereof? Lots of websites including the American Kennel Club will give you accurate information about breeds.
He had loads of information, some even accurate, about various breeds---one bit of advise I meant to throw in---if you live in a tiny plot (or apt) of ground (less than 3 acres) none of these working/pulling breeds are for you---My Samoyed's --in the warm CT summers they would find a covered /shady place and dig a hole and spend the day in it--and refresh it every day. I felt so sorry I sheared one--WRONG-- a few years later a Vet told me--that coat is insulation--winter and summer. They need room --the family 30 acres helped--and in the country-- they roamed the woods without incident.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom