A+ games for Hurley and Cole | The Boneyard

A+ games for Hurley and Cole

Reaction Score
RJ definitely gets an A+. Hurley gets an Incomplete in my book. You cannot just let your team meltdown like that in the first half, that was awful, just horrific basketball and complete disorganization. That said, some great OOB and out of timeout calls in the 2nd half redeemed him a bit.
Unless I missed it, Hurley didn't miss the lay ups, air ball 3s, or give Sanago feet for hands.

Reaction Score
This team will never take the next step with Hurley as Coach.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
Unless I missed it, Hurley didn't miss the lay ups, air ball 3s, or give Sanago feet for hands.
No but he let them run around like blind mice fir about 10 minutes with no plan and no organization whatsoever. I’ve seen better execution from decent CYO teams. It’s one thing to miss shots. We were playing street ball for long stretches at a time. The coach has the ability to stop that.

Reaction Score
We got killed on defense when Carlton was in the game. He had a couple nice offensive plays, though.
We need his fouls. Whaley fouled out and Sanogo had 3. It keeps them in the game longer and allows them to go harder when they are in there. And it also gives both of them a little time to rest.

Reaction Score
We need his fouls. Whaley fouled out and Sanogo had 3. It keeps them in the game longer and allows them to go harder when they are in there. And it also gives both of them a little time to rest.
Against Gtown, one of the only teams in the league that runs through their bigs? Yeah. Maybe Seton Hall, too. Not most teams.

Reaction Score
Plus/minus in a single game doesn't paint the whole picture, but in a game we won by 13 points Sanogo was +11 in 21 minutes and Carlton was -5 in 10 minutes. It wasn't particularly close between the 2 of them tonight
That doesn’t really have anything to do with the matchup of Wahab on both. I guess i’ll rephrase my statement. Wahad had similar success vs both Carlton and Sanogo.

Reaction Score
RJ definitely gets an A+. Hurley gets an Incomplete in my book. You cannot just let your team meltdown like that in the first half, that was awful, just horrific basketball and complete disorganization. That said, some great OOB and out of timeout calls in the 2nd half redeemed him a bit.
RJ was a hero. It’s inexplicable how Hurley gets a passing grade other than pulling a W out his hat despite mismanaging TOS, not adjusting to penetration, allowing his big men to play D 40 feet from the hoop, not controlling his team for the most wretched 17 minutes of basketball I’ve seen in years.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bro you’re miserable and insufferable. Carlton was not good today and Hurley had a very well coached game. Every rational human being would agree.

What exactly are you spiking the ball about?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
There were some hiccups but I think this was a positive step all around - for once we saw the lineup and plan shifting until something worked instead of getting stuck in a planned strategy. The team seemed far more dynamic tonight so good to see DH isn't completely unwilling to change it up. GT's previous game was pretty strong so I was a bit concerned this could have gone poorly, this was a solid W.

I'd love to see Bouk drive a little more and try to suck up some fouls but I think he's still coming back a bit and needs a couple more games to be 100, he got stripped at least once very easily on his weak hand. Sanogo needs to work on his hands dang it, I like the potential there but he must have lost the ball one way or the other at least 3-4 times. Loved those couple of set plays and quick scoring drives - hope to see more of that. Bummer not to see Akok playing still, for his sake I hope he is able to get some minutes as a Husky. I saw Adams snuck on for a few filler minutes :D

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Polley played way too many minutes. Might’ve had to because of Ajax foul trouble but he has been giving us no production other than floor spacing. Need him to knock down open shots.

Reaction Score
75% of the game I thought the Hoyas played nice defense. They held Bouk and bunched together to clog the paint up to eliminate any runners. So much length. Wahab and Pickett played well. Our staff has a good eye on big men (Wahab). Granted we are still having yips and forced a lot of turnovers but I give the Hoyas credit to the first half mess.

Hurley had a game plan coming out in the second half and RJ was a wonderful drill sergeant. He is starting to play with a chip on his shoulder, we need more of that across the board.

A name that doesn’t get mentioned much at all this season is Carlton. While he plays sparingly he isn’t wasteful with his minutes. With Akok questionable we are lucky to have Carlton step in to anchor the 5 and rebound. Cant really say the guy fouls too much when it’s a problem across the board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom