A First Timer Finally "Comes Out" | The Boneyard

A First Timer Finally "Comes Out"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been a Uconn season ticketholder since the 1990’s and often lurk but have never posted here. However, after digesting thousands of posts, I feel I may at least meet the minimum requirements as a poster. These are my qualifications for your approval or otherwise:

I have been making the same mistakes since I was born seventy+ years ago, each time expecting different results. That will continue.

· My actual playing experience was as the “sixth man in” on my church school basketball team. The team had six members.

· I know that a “charge” is when a player on the opposing team makes any kind of contact with a Uconn defender while approaching the basket. Conversely, a “block” is when the opposing defender doesn’t the get heck out of the way of our attacking player.

· The referee most further from the action is required to make the foul call.

· Even the very least knowledgeable fan can often offer brilliant postgame coaching strategies that would have changed the outcome of the game.

· My grammar is perfect. I just have a unique style of writing.

· Even if I admit I have erred in my opinion or fact, I know in my heart I’m right.

If I ever have anything insightful to say I will post again. Otherwise, I really enjoy all of your posts and especially appreciate the work of the “staff” and all others that make this board the greatest!

Reaction Score
Love your first post. You'll fit right in. Don't be shy. Come back and post again, whether or not you have anything insightful. That doesn't stop me, or the majority of others.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Welcome to the forum... And heartiest congratulations on your post. If your first post is indicative of additional ones I will look forward to more... What we need here is someone with your analytical skills... :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Love the post - please come back soon!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If I ever have anything insightful to say I will post again. Otherwise, I really enjoy all of your posts and especially appreciate the work of the “staff” and all others that make this board the greatest!
My goodness, if most of the people that posted here until they have something insightful to say, the place would be a ghost town! :)

Welcome to the board. Don't be a stranger!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, great post, HH, hope you be around more often. Blessings.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
As a 70+ poster myself, I share the neurosis you posit in your #1. But, unlike
you, I blame vtc.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
· I know that a “charge” is when a player on the opposing team makes any kind of contact with a Uconn defender while approaching the basket. Conversely, a “block” is when the opposing defender doesn’t the get heck out of the way of our attacking player.

· The referee most further from the action is required to make the foul call.

· Even the very least knowledgeable fan can often offer brilliant postgame coaching strategies that would have changed the outcome of the game.

· My grammar is perfect. I just have a unique style of writing.

· Even if I admit I have erred in my opinion or fact, I know in my heart I’m right.

Your qualifications are marginal. For example, you completely left Geno off the hook. Boneyarders know that:
  • His inadequacy as a recruiter is manifested by the vast number of blue-chippers that he "loses" to competitors annually, not to mention his penchant for occasional recruiting classes of only one player.
  • Once the recruits arrive and suit up, he neglects to develop their skills, as demonstrated by his unwillingness to let underclassmen play during blowouts.
  • Finally, he hides his negligence or forgetfulness by hiding behind the lame "Players earn PT in practice" excuse, knowing full well that eagle-eyed Boneyarders are denied any opportunity to observe practices and thereby check up on his veracity.
These shortcomings of Geno are like Holy Writ to Boneyard regulars. I haven't the time or inclination to check out your "eptness" in dealing with posters visiting from other boards (e.g., football, men's basketball, Baylor, or former Summitteers who show up here rather than pay their dues to Ms. Cornelius).

With a little additional lurk-time, disregard of any dictionaries or usage books, you may eventually fit right in. Just steer clear of any thought of criticizing Rosemary, CD elder, or the Gezpatcho Lady (Husky Nan) and you'll do just fine.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I cannot explain why I typed G E S T A P O and it came out Gezpatcho. Biff must be at it again!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I cannot explain why I typed G E S T A P O and it came out Gezpatcho. Biff must be at it again!
Probably the filter software realized calling someone a Nazi isn't a particularly pleasant experience for the recipient. NaziNan is also what Summitters called me.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
While, your first post might have come close to equaling my first post, which for those of you whose memories don't go back to the days just prior to the invention of belly button lint, I'll reprint it here:: "I like eggs."

I'll chalk your first post up to beginners luck, but I'm confident that you'll never match the strength, depth, and wisdom of my second post; "I love bacon!" Go ahead, make my day!

Welcome Aboard anyway and keep posting if you must.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Hi and welcome! Don't be a stranger. :D

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Ahhh....I smell fresh meat...!!!!!

I will apologize in advance for anything mean or snarky that I write in response to one of your posts. I can't help it. It's a disease.

Don't worry, the mods have your back. They will slap me around if I lose control.

Welcome.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Ahhh....I smell fresh meat...!!!!!

I will apologize in advance for anything mean or snarky that I write in response to one of your posts. I can't help it. It's a disease.
Stop.jpg

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Welcome! Love your post. Come back often, please.

Reaction Score
I want to heartily thank everyone for warmly welcoming me as a poster! I must also thank Kibitzer for pointing out some glaring deficiencies in my reasoning, and I can understand that he is withholding full approval awaiting my future posts. In a spirit of good will, I will refrain from pointing out instances where he has erred in some of his past posts.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I want to heartily thank everyone for warmly welcoming me as a poster! I must also thank Kibitzer for pointing out some glaring deficiencies in my reasoning, and I can understand that he is withholding full approval awaiting my future posts. In a spirit of good will, I will refrain from pointing out instances where he has erred in some of his past posts.

That will take you quite a while, and besides -- a few dozen others have beaten you to the punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom