A few thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A few thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm still laughing that someone actually compared Casey Cochran to Abbredaris at Wisc. Tell me you're just trolling us.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
8 posters wanting to talk football and Serrano trying to hijack the thread with personal attacks. Can you just pick another thread?

Reaction Score
Well then why make the change after 4 games?

This team was adrift irregardless if PP stayed or was fired. The virus had to be removed. I respect your opinion Jimmy and I would think you and others would realize, while the players get some blame, they were/are in an impossible situation that can only be felt by the players and coaches. Internet posters...not so much.

Reaction Score
This team was adrift irregardless if PP stayed or was fired. The virus had to be removed. I respect your opinion Jimmy and I would think you and others would realize, while the players get some blame, they were/are in an impossible situation that can only be felt by the players and coaches. Internet posters...not so much.

I honestly don't know what your connection is, nor do I care, as I've said before - but this is just ridiculous. You are making these players out to be martyrs. They are scholarship athletes that are getting a free ride to an education at a top 20 academic institution in the country. They are getting that ride, to play on the football team.

You keep making it like these players have been abused or something. Verbal abuse? PHysical abuse? A mean, ugly, troll of a screamer coach? What? Did somebody insult somebody? Was a coach a bully? Is Jim Calhoun a bully? Oh wait - he won.......

They better grow some thick skin, quick, if something that a person writes on a internet site bothers them, and they better be doing a hell of a lot better in the classroom, than they are doing on the football field.

Reaction Score
8 posters wanting to talk football and Serrano trying to hijack the thread with personal attacks. Can you just pick another thread?

Sorry that I didn't take a pass to recognize the thick irony of you calling out the BY for vitriol after suggesting the program is shut down. Why would anyone want to talk football (or anything else for that matter) with the likes of you?

Reaction Score

At some point Jim, the players have to man up and accept the hand they were dealt. Life is gonna be filled with much more dire circumstances than this once they get out into the real world.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I honestly don't know what your connection is, nor do I care, as I've said before - but this is just ridiculous. You are making these players out to be martyrs. They are scholarship athletes that are getting a free ride to an education at a top 20 academic institution in the country. They are getting that ride, to play on the football team.

You keep making it like these players have been abused or something. Verbal abuse? PHysical abuse? A mean, ugly, troll of a screamer coach? What? Did somebody insult somebody? Was a coach a bully? Is Jim Calhoun a bully? Oh wait - he won.......

They better grow some thick skin, quick, if something that a person writes on a internet site bothers them, and they better be doing a hell of a lot better in the classroom, than they are doing on the football field.

I think it's funnier that he's playing both sides of the coin - they can't play because of PP, but they also can't play because PP isn't here any longer.

Reaction Score
Why the duckk not???? Try it, Cochran is 6'1", 226 and very fast, reminds me of Abbrederis at Wisconsin, former QB that they turned into a slot flanker and he's now one of Wisconsin's best weapons. We need to try new things. What the duckk is your problem?
If he was really fast, he would have started last year.

Reaction Score
I think it's funnier that he's playing both sides of the coin - they can't play because of PP, but they also can't play because PP isn't here any longer.

Never answered my question on that. He was pretty clear that Pasqualoni as all over the defense in control of things. How is the defense doing since?

Reaction Score
Thanks, you sound like someone who supported Pasqualoni all last season against the calls for canning him then.
Actually I called for him to be replaced at the end of last season. Alas Warde decided to keep him this year.

Reaction Score
Cochran looked good, but was probably playing against their third string kids, giving tons of room. Don't get carried away. The coaches saw Boyle as the future and for better or worse they have to keep working and let the chips fall where they may.

The kids are probably working their tails off and have become very frustrated. When you lose confidence, you just begin to second guess everything. They look lost. Joseph was beside himself there on the sideline and I guess that's where the team has come. Everybody is trying hard. I agree with Nelson. Just let nature take its course.

I know that we give the services a lot of flack, but if you look at recruiting classes it's probably a good indicator of the quality of recruiting. It's just tough to see teams like Cincy, UCF or Houston or SMU, with similar recruiting classes just look far and away better than us. Bortles was a 3-star kid who stuck with the program, was developed properly under the same coach and OC, and put in a system that worked. We had Morehead, GDL, and now Weist. How the heck do you develop kids.

Reaction Score
At some point Jim, the players have to man up and accept the hand they were dealt. Life is gonna be filled with much more dire circumstances than this once they get out into the real world.

I couldn't agree more, but who are we to say, "OK...it's time".

Reaction Score
Just posted something similar in a different thread prior to reading this.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

They don't have to do anything, and they certainly don't owe anything to the fans that are calling them quitters.

Reaction Score
I sort of get art's point in this discussion, though. It was a mess with Pasqualoni. Changing to Weist just meant that there was still the huge mess to be cleaned up and he hasn't really been able to clean it up. I think a case can probably be made that he has made it worse with the Boyle decision if you buy my argument that Bolye was no where near ready, but some people take a different view there. But at the end of the day, he took over Detroit. That he couldn't turn it into LA or even Bayonne New Jersey is pretty understandable.

Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more, but who are we to say, "OK...it's time".

"We" are the ticket buying, university contributing and supporting, football fans, and alumni.

I got 2 questions for you and your connections:

#1. Did TJ Weist bench Lyle McCombs for at least one offensive series, for showboating, in his very first game as head coach? I'll help you - the answer is yes. So the real question - why would an interim head coach bench a starting offensive player, a team leader upperclassmen player that is expected to be a performer for this squad and a leader, for showboating in his very first game as head coach, having been the offensive coordinator coaching the same players for the past 9 months?

#2. Is this defense better or worse since Pasqualoni was fired? reminder - you have been harping all along how much Pasqualoni was involved with the defense.

Reaction Score
You are the first to use "very fast" to describe CC. Lack of speed/mobility are the reason that 1A offers dwindled to UCONN and BC (per Scout). If he had speed, given how well he throws, he probably would be playing elsewhere.
I watched him play his junior and senior years at Masuk. Also checked his stats, yes he broke almost all of Kurt Horton's state career passing records, but he also rushed for 13 touchdowns those last two years in HS and averaged 8.5 yards/carry. That's pretty good in my book for someone 6'1" and 226 pounds and described as not fast or mobile at all. I know what I saw when I saw him play, he was mobile, agile, and not slow by any means.

Reaction Score
I watched him play his junior and senior years at Masuk. Also checked his stats, yes he broke almost all of Kurt Horton's state career passing records, but he also rushed for 13 touchdowns those last two years in HS and averaged 8.5 yards/carry. That's pretty good in my book for someone 6'1" and 226 pounds and described as not fast or mobile at all. I know what I saw when I saw him play, he was mobile, agile, and not slow by any means.

I wouldn't call Cochran fast when it comes to running and foot speed in division 1 NCAA. He was much quicker in his decision making and release than Boyle was on Saturday, but he was also playing in garbage clean up time. Not a good read on him. What we need to do is find a way to get Lemelle the ball more - that kid is fast.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call Cochran fast when it comes to running and foot speed in division 1 NCAA. He was much quicker in his decision making and release than Boyle was on Saturday, but he was also playing in garbage clean up time. Not a good read on him. What we need to do is find a way to get Lemelle the ball more - that kid is fast.

If you want to split hairs, OK he isn't as fast as some of the speedier QB's in D1 football but I'll bet he's faster than Whitmer or Boyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom