A Few Thoughts on the State of the Program | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A Few Thoughts on the State of the Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Scoob, the parents of the "uncommitted" players - you know, players like Sio who had a highlight reel hit late in the game - are easily accessible at games, tailgates, etc. I gladly invite you to mingle with them and express that viewpoint.

Can't confuse routine with commitment, otherwise - well you get confused.

Reaction Score
It's fairly unlikely that we will get someone like Calvin McGee to make people like Waylon happy, but I think we can make an inspired hire that will win here for four years. Won't be a guy most have heard of, but still could probably get a good coach.

Look at when Art Briles got his break. Not your normal hire, but it worked. Garrick "don't call me Calvin" McGee would have been the inspired hire. Could Willie Taggart be our next guy?

Would we be better off with Garrick McGee? No head coaching experience makes me nervous. McGee is currently at the helm of an 0-4 UAB team.

I have no problem scooping up a head coach from a 1-AA or D II team (or whatever they call it). Many great coaches have come from those ranks (Tressel, Brian Kelly, Paul Johnson, Mike Leach, to name a few recent ones).

I still like Steve Addazzio if the job opens up. But would also like Warde to scour the lower division head coaching ranks.

Reaction Score
What did you see on the field in the second half yesterday? Did the squad take control of the game? Did they exhibit the will to domiate their opponent? According to many posters here we have far better talent then the MAC teams so if the players are better then they say the problem is the coaching. I am suggesting that the team is not as talented as these posters believe (by the way anyone catch the result of the Western game yesterday?) and the team has or shown the requisite will on the field the last few weeks. As for the parents they should be very proud that their sons are able to play high D1 football and they should be thankful that heir kids go to school for free. This s a College football message board it is okay to question things, isn't it?
It is borderline outrageous to absolve PP/GD and blame the players. Yes, there was crappy tackling on the hook-ladder TD. But how about crediting Buffalo's coach, who wasn't afraid to take chances with out-of-the-box plays (onside kick). On the offensive side of the ball the players are being hamstrung by a play-it-safe prevent offense which came very close to preventing a win against a team we should have beaten by 30-plus. The week before, the players came within an onside kick recovery of overcoming a 24-7 deficit and poor coaching. If anyone is uncommitted or quitting, it's the coaches, not the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom