A few position changes per roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A few position changes per roster

Reaction Score
A lot of their tackles happened at or beyond the first down marker.... That quirky defense we ran just didn't cut it...

Honestly, the last thing I would have guessed to happen when HCRE took the helm again was to put a "quirky" defense in place and then let the whole defensive play go to total s***. But, that is in fact what happened. I suspect we will see some meaningful improvement defensively this season.

Given what we lost on offense from last season, god only knows..............

Reaction Score
The KJ move feels eerily reminiscent of the one RE made with Greg Lloyd in his final year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm spying more changes and new names on the published roster. Its possible Jones is a scholarship kid, staff reconnected with him last November/December.
https://uconnhuskies.com/roster.aspx?roster=383

• #89 Jakai Gill - WR. Listed as a FR. Gill is a Hartford - Capital Prep product (and Supreme Athlete) that spent a year at ASA college. Jakai Gill
  • #26 Henry Westermann - K. Listed as a FR. Haven't looked into Henry's background.
  • #36 Jaylen Jones - DB. Listed as a FR. Was recruited and committed to Air Force as part of the 2018 class. Also had an offer from Army. From Houston TX. Played more LB in HS. Reportedly is 6'1 and 205. Jaylen Jones, Alief Hastings , Inside Linebacker <--seems like a Star LB to me rather than DB)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm spying more changes and new names on the published roster. Its possible Jones is a scholarship kid, staff reconnected with him last November/December.

• #89 Jakai Gill - WR. Listed as a FR. Gill is a Hartford - Capital Prep product (and Supreme Athlete) that spent a year at ASA college. Jakai Gill
  • #26 Henry Westermann - K. Listed as a FR. Haven't looked into Henry's background.
  • #36 Jaylen Jones - DB. Listed as a FR. Was recruited and committed to Air Force as part of the 2018 class. Also had an offer from Army. From Houston TX. Played more LB in HS. Reportedly is 6'1 and 205. Jaylen Jones, Alief Hastings , Inside Linebacker <--seems like a Star LB to me rather than DB)

Interesting. 18 ypc. 5-9 165 from Hartford. ASA plays a damn good Northeast schedule and went undefeated. Perhaps a nice way to get a good WR playmaker into in-State tuition

And the LB from Houston. He has to be Scholarship. Army + Air Force from a major athletic HS in metro Houston.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Extremely excited about Jaylen Jones. We were linked to him for a minute. He's gonna come in a push for a starting job right away I'm sure.

Reaction Score
Extremely excited about Jaylen Jones. We were linked to him for a minute. He's gonna come in a push for a starting job right away I'm sure.
Absolutely
Very excited about him. Again, you watch 40 seconds and you can tell he’s a player.
Slowly changing direction fellas.
We have momentum

Reaction Score
Absolutely
Very excited about him. Again, you watch 40 seconds and you can tell he’s a player.
Slowly changing direction fellas.
We have momentum
I'm sure this kid is hungry and has something to prove too. Guys like that will definitely help get us turned around a little quicker than some think.

Reaction Score
Thanks Ms. Gill

So. What do you bring to the table

Gill? Hartford kid at ASA College. 33 catches and near 20 ypc. Looks speedy in old HS film. ASA is a solid Juco. Lots of top kids came through there. He is playing amongst giant bodies at a place like that.

Attached. Please find list of ASA kids at 4 year schools
1BCAAF4C-DB93-4CB6-A632-031DA1556863.png

As with much in UConn 1998 - 2019, we don’t know much before enrollment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So. What do you bring to the table

Gill? Hartford kid at ASA College. 33 catches and near 20 ypc. Looks speedy in old HS film. ASA is a solid Juco. Lots of top kids came through there. He is playing amongst giant bodies at a place like that.

Attached. Please find list of ASA kids at 4 year schools View attachment 44967

As with much in UConn 1998 - 2019, we don’t know much before enrollment.

I'm just kidding around, relax. It was the first time I've seen those names mentioned so maybe Zoran can expand on it?

C

Chief00

I think it's a good move lining him up at the line of scrimmage.. at his size... If he can get down the technique part, add on even more strength, along with a few pounds, he may end up being a surprise problem up front on D for us... I'm pretty sure the quickness is already there...
He’s a kid Chief likes because he enjoys and seeks contact and collisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
He’s a kid Chief likes because he enjoys and seeks contact and collusions.
He’s a kid Chief likes because he enjoys and seeks contact and collusions.
Chief's sent this one straight to the cesspool.. I expect a presidential tweet attacking the vineyard any minute now.

Reaction Score
Oh, there definitely was collusion, many instances of it ... with teammates, as Mueller will point out tomorrow. ;) Can't play D without teammate collusion.

Reaction Score
maybe others have emerged? That's said, it takes about half of a season to figure out if a new LB has naturally good downhill instincts, field vision, and can handle the CFB game speed at that position. There is a lot going on that has to be processed as an LB while still being an attack annimal.
Maybe.....this article is older but Edsall talks up Mitchell in it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom