A few position changes per roster | The Boneyard

A few position changes per roster

Reaction Score
Makes sense to move Kevon Jones to DL like Beavers last year. He was way too slow to play LB, but could tackle. Hopefully he has success rushing the passer.
Kevin is a classic two down LB who should go out on passing downs. He was a dependable tackler and had a good nose for football. Hope it works out but I thought he was one our better defenders last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kevin is a classic two down LB who should go out on passing downs. He was a dependable tackler and had a good nose for football. Hope it works out but I thought he was one our better defenders last year.

The 1984 NFL sends their regards. Every down is a passing down (for everyone but Army, Navy and UConn).

Reaction Score
He was the only linebacker we had that played downhill. Not sure why you would move him unless you had no DL that you could trust

Hopefully Hunter Webb or DJ Morgan are ready to take over at MLB. I think it was reported that Gilmartin had a good spring too.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He was the only linebacker we had that played downhill. Not sure why you would move him unless you had no DL that you could trust

they list him at 6’2 250 as a true sophomore. they don’t really have much choice unless you’d like to put him on the offensive line.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Kevon Jones now on D-Line (I like it given his size/weight)
Jayce Medlock moves from TE to Half Back (not FB not RB "half back")
Donovan Williams back to TE
Ventine Richardson now at TE

Let’s also add that Ryan Fines no longer appears on the roster. He has a second year of eligibility as a grad student.

Other thoughts; we got clued in about Richardson in spring video clips which should him catching passes.

As for Kevon, heard they were going to experiment with him taking snaps at DL, surprised it’s an official roster announcement already. Guess that means Webb, Gardner or someone is ready to play some serious middle LB snaps.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
moving K Jones to D-Line makes sense at his size and speed. Perhaps this is a sign that Morgan and Harris are fairly legit.

Reaction Score
The 1984 NFL sends their regards. Every down is a passing down (for everyone but Army, Navy and UConn).
Shame that you can no longer throw GTech on this list. Gonna be weird to see them run a conventional offense

Reaction Score
Jones was the only kid who looked like he knew how to play linebacker and deliver a thud with a form tackle. The vast majority of lb play involved arm tackle attempts with heads down. Next best was probably Gilmartin.

Maybe they invision a Julius Williams role for him.

Reaction Score
Jones was the only kid who looked like he knew how to play linebacker and deliver a thud with a form tackle. The vast majority of lb play involved arm tackle attempts with heads down. Next best was probably Gilmartin.

Maybe they invision a Julius Williams role for him.
I think it's a good move lining him up at the line of scrimmage.. at his size... If he can get down the technique part, add on even more strength, along with a few pounds, he may end up being a surprise problem up front on D for us... I'm pretty sure the quickness is already there...

Reaction Score
I can only assume that staff believes that Harris and the transfer from ND can play. From there it's a matter of getting something out of Hahn, Gilmartin, etc. The play at LB last year was positively awful so we can only hope that the additions help address that.

Jones does play downhill and I have to believe the hope is that he can use his quickness at the LOS to get to the QB. We had nothing in the way of pressure last year......and we did blitz........we just never got home when we did.

A near total face lift of the D makes perfect sense.

Reaction Score
maybe others have emerged? That's said, it takes about half of a season to figure out if a new LB has naturally good downhill instincts, field vision, and can handle the CFB game speed at that position. There is a lot going on that has to be processed as an LB while still being an attack annimal.

Reaction Score
I can only assume that staff believes that Harris and the transfer from ND can play. From there it's a matter of getting something out of Hahn, Gilmartin, etc. The play at LB last year was positively awful so we can only hope that the additions help address that.

Jones does play downhill and I have to believe the hope is that he can use his quickness at the LOS to get to the QB. We had nothing in the way of pressure last year.and we did blitz...we just never got home when we did.

A near total face lift of the D makes perfect sense.

I looked up the tackle stats for Hahn and Fortt. 59 and 76 respectively. I'm surprised they had that many. Most of the time, they were getting juked out of their shoes, got pushed around or wasn't fast enough. The new guys should be able to start over them.

Reaction Score
I looked up the tackle stats for Hahn and Fortt. 59 and 76 respectively. I'm surprised they had that many. Most of the time, they were getting juked out of their shoes, got pushed around or wasn't fast enough. The new guys should be able to start over them.
A lot of their tackles happened at or beyond the first down marker.... That quirky defense we ran just didn't cut it...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom