A few position changes per roster | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A few position changes per roster

Reaction Score
I'm stunned that they moved Kevon Jones to a new position. He was our best linebacker last year by miles.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm stunned that they moved Kevon Jones to a new position. He was our best linebacker last year by miles.
I was a little surprised too...but two thoughts; he had a little trouble with the chase in my eyes, meaning once they got past him he didn't perform great in pursuit and two; maybe he's just struggling too hard to keep himself lean. Some of these kids do a lot of growing and filling out in college, maybe he is just naturally getting thick and becoming too thick for LB. I dont really know about either of these, need to see what he looks like this fall to judge.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm just kidding around, relax. It was the first time I've seen those names mentioned so maybe Zoran can expand on it?
I'm just kidding around, relax. It was the first time I've seen those names mentioned so maybe Zoran can expand on it?
I mean hey. I’ve just done my research just as anyone else may have. I’ve watched film on many of these guys especially the new names that I see pop up on the roster. Gill’s resume just stood out to me. His highlights from this school is great.As already said, and the list proves, ASA had lots of talent and for Gill to have a resume at a school like that proves he has the capability to play here. Also already said is that we do not know a lot about these players pre-enrollment. So we’ll see.

Reaction Score
Here's hoping ALL of these kids are on campus now for pre conditioning drills with Matt King. A nice start/end to their playing careers up in Storrs

Reaction Score
I was a little surprised too...but two thoughts; he had a little trouble with the chase in my eyes, meaning once they got past him he didn't perform great in pursuit and two; maybe he's just struggling too hard to keep himself lean. Some of these kids do a lot of growing and filling out in college, maybe he is just naturally getting thick and becoming too thick for LB. I dont really know about either of these, need to seem what he looks like this fall to judge.
I've seen him up close, and he's a big kid. I'm 6'1 225 and felt like a little guy next to him. He's listed at 6'2" 250, but looks more like 265 to me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was a little surprised too...but two thoughts; he had a little trouble with the chase in my eyes, meaning once they got past him he didn't perform great in pursuit and two; maybe he's just struggling too hard to keep himself lean. Some of these kids do a lot of growing and filling out in college, maybe he is just naturally getting thick and becoming too thick for LB. I dont really know about either of these, need to seem what he looks like this fall to judge.

Comparative advantage.

May be coaches believe there are other linebackers who can replace or come close to replacing Jones' productivity at LB and Jones can out produce other options on the D Line.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Justin Morehead - WO WR is leaving the program. Heard he more than held his own in the WR group and had a shot seeing the field this year.

Reaction Score
I’m certain we’ve seen a new Roster - with updates ok Heights & Weights prior to the first day of practice in past years. And, other AAC Programs brought Depth Charts with updated data to Newport.

So. Let’s click into UCONN Football tomorrow & see.

C

Chief00

Comparative advantage.

May be coaches believe there are other linebackers who can replace or come close to replacing Jones' productivity at LB and Jones can out produce other options on the D Line.
I look on the positive side - he has good feet for a DL and the two Jones boys are going to be a sturdy wall on the line of scrimmage / we won’t be conceding 3 yards before contact.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Justin Morehead - WO WR is leaving the program. Heard he more than held his own in the WR group and had a shot seeing the field this year.

What’s you 2019 scholarship head count? 82?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What’s you 2019 scholarship head count? 82?

I'm at 81, however I have reason to believe we will be officially at 80 by the end of the week (whispers).

It appears we have maxed out on the 25 man rule, so unless Edsall grants some WOs scholarships, these slots will go unused. Edsall can only grant WOs scholarships if they have been in the program two years, otherwise anyone shorter in duration would count against the same cap.

I haven't taken the time, but it will be interesting to see what happens to all those high flying transfer portal kids who don't have a home as of this weekend. There will be some good shopping out there for some schools and meanwhile we don't have any space in our cart. One possibility to free up one slot would be to appeal the NCAA over the Hinton situation, however Edsall let it be known last week in the media that he is eyeing one more kid for 2019 and that kid would have four years of eligibility rather than 1, 2 or 3..so he is not thinking about a mature body kid with this last spot....if there is even a last spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I look on the positive side - he has good feet for a DL and the two Jones boys are going to be a sturdy wall on the line of scrimmage / we won’t be conceding 3 yards before contact.
Pierce DeVaughn is also coming off that nagging injury that for the most part kept him out last year. I remember two years ago, right after Edsall was hired, he thought DeVaughn was the best of the freshman group of lineman.

Reaction Score
I'm at 81, however I have reason to believe we will be officially at 80 by the end of the week (whispers).

It appears we have maxed out on the 25 man rule, so unless Edsall grants some WOs scholarships, these slots will go unused. Edsall can only grant WOs scholarships if they have been in the program two years, otherwise anyone shorter in duration would count against the same cap.

I haven't taken the time, but it will be interesting to see what happens to all those high flying transfer portal kids who don't have a home as of this weekend. There will be some good shopping out there for some schools and meanwhile we don't have any space in our cart. One possibility to free up one slot would be to appeal the NCAA over the Hinton situation, however Edsall let it be known last week in the media that he is eyeing one more kid for 2019 and that kid would have four years of eligibility rather than 1, 2 or 3..so he is not thinking about a mature body kid with this last spot....if there is even a last spot.

Will the player we potentially lose be an impact player in your opinion?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom