A Chance Encounter | The Boneyard

A Chance Encounter

Reaction Score
Not ten minutes ago, I get on an elevator at the Marriott Marquis in NY and there is another gentleman on the elevator with a familiar face. I told him that he looked like the women's basketball coach at Syracuse, "Q". Sure enough, it was him. We exchanged pleasantries and went on our way. I do not own a smartphone, so the moment was not able to be captured. One never knows, do one.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Most coaches are great about meeting fans, in my experience

74A34018-0DDC-4C3C-B0C5-400E1D7D1A3C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Did you hide, did you not disclose, were you unrevealing of your enemy status?

Not enough time on those fast moving hotel elevators. Fact is, I am supportive of his program's rise. Who would have ever believed Syracuse would ever reach a championship game much less a Final Four; and in a seemingly unorthodox free wheeling, three shooting fashion that seems to be catching on.

Reaction Score
You just beat me to this. Did you 'apologize' with a wide smile about Stewie :D:D:D:D

It is amazing how much stuff comes to mind after the encounter. Given enough time, I might have tried to get his take on the homecoming game for which he was unable to change his schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So many great memories of that hotel. Great location.

And it is right next door to the Richard Rodgers Theater at which I finally saw Hamilton tonight. The hype is real. It will not supplant The Wiz as my favorite musical or Once On This Island in the two spot. It has a chance to move ahead of Lion King for third, and is definitely ahead of Wicked.

Reaction Score
I meet Coach Q at the 2016 Final Four in Indianapolis, the night before the semifinal games. Somehow that first night we got booked at the Syracuse hotel - there was orange everywhere. :eek: He was actually sitting alone in the lobby; I thought I gotta approach him and say "hey". I told him I was a big fan of the game, and thanked him for helping to elevate the sport. He was very gracious and beamed a big smile. I thought to myself 'he better enjoy the moment now cuz he ain't leaving this town with a championship'! LOL

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is no one else shocked that Vauconnfan doesn't have a smart phone? I am, that's my takeaway from the post!
I'm sure he does. He probably couldn't flip it open quite fast enough.
1549220295627.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom