A bit of venting on opportunities lost | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A bit of venting on opportunities lost

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is a helpful exercise, but since we all agree PP was a horrible hire, who else was on that list and what became of them?

It seems like the best move would have been to stay in house with either a current or former coordinator and I don't mean Hank Hughes.
Not on the list but BEST available was Rich Leach, but UConn, Hatheway, & most of College football thought that he was too toxic at the time. Washington State later proved otherwise.

Reaction Score
At the time it decided to deemphasize FB Tulane had the biggest on campus stadium in the then Southern Conference. It seated over 80,000 and would reach close to 85,000 with standing room.
Tulane Stadium was home to the NFL expansion New Orleans Saints until the Superdome was built.

Reaction Score
Not on the list but BEST available was Rich Leach, but UConn, Hatheway, & most of College football thought that he was too toxic at the time. Washington State later proved otherwise.

The hire that would've been, but for UConn's success was Addazio (and he was listed by a few folks, despite not being available). At the time he was searching for his first head coaching job and with UConn in the Fiesta Bowl he accepted the Temple job only about a week prior to Edsall leaving. While Addazio these days doesn't inspire the feeling of "great hire" (although I've heard his name a few time); at the time, as a rising coach, he would've been vastly superior to PP, much more invested in making his first head job, in his home state a success (and I suspect had he known UConn was coming open that off-season, he wouldn't have jumped on the Temple opportunity).

Reaction Score
At the time it decided to deemphasize FB Tulane had the biggest on campus stadium in the then Southern Conference. It seated over 80,000 and would reach close to 85,000 with standing room.
As a grad student there, It was painful going downtown with roughly the same level of fans in the stands as we have now. The massive superdome made it all the more pathetic. My housing sat on the old stadium site. Had they rebuilt and stayed put itvwould have been a green wave of $$.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom