A bit Half-Cocked? Sporting News Picks South Carolina as Preseason #1 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

A bit Half-Cocked? Sporting News Picks South Carolina as Preseason #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In re-reading this, I realize I sort of glossed over a distinction I was thinking of when I started this - I think a really good point guard is much more valuable than a really good shooting guard in terms of overall team success. Because of that, I would maybe 'penalize' SC and TN slightly in the above list because their 'top 5' guards are both shooting guards, not PGs.
By stating the above I'm not trying to diss either Tiffany or Diamond - they are both immensely talented - but neither of them I think see their primary 'job' on the court as being to make sure the whole team is involved and running smoothly, but rather to provide a scoring engine for the team. I think the jury is still out on the PGs for both teams - the skills are there, but can they put it all together?
I trust Sessions. She's been putting the in the work.

Reaction Score
I am interested to see the top teams play.

I'm interested in how South Carolina plays with Coates/Wilson as starters. They were used to coming in at about the 14 minute mark each game. Likely starters now. I think they miss Welch more than some may realize but I think Imbovich is a nice addition.

I'm interested in what ND looks like post Jewell. I NEVER count the Irish out. They have lost stars before and MM has then right there in the end.

Baylor I think will be a contender and while they may not have a superior out of conference schedule, they have undeniable talent.
Imobvioh is like a Welch that is 2 inches taller, rebounds better, is a year older, and shoots the ball much better from the free throw line.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Imobvioh is like a Welch that is 2 inches taller, rebounds better, is a year older, and shoots the ball much better from the free throw line.
All true but Welch's main contribution was none of the things you mentioned it was leadership. Are the South Carolina players going to listen to or be led by Imobvioh who has put in her work elsewhere?

Reaction Score
I get a gold star! I get a gold star! I get a gold star! I get a gold star! Oh my mommy will be so proud! :):cool:
(Thanks Kib)
?
I don't understand the context of your comment. Not hating, just curious.

Here's to exce 11 ence in 2016!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
?
I don't understand the context of your comment. Not hating, just curious.

Here's to exce 11 ence in 2016!
I had just gotten an 'Ahem' complement from Kib for my use of the word 'Complementary' four times. See the thread I was responding to. Just a silly post, but ... no law against being silly in the silly offseason! :cool:

Reaction Score
All true but Welch's main contribution was none of the things you mentioned it was leadership. Are the South Carolina players going to listen to or be led by Imobvioh who has put in her work elsewhere?
We had leaders on the team that deferred to Welch the main leader. Mitchell, Coates, and Wilson hall have the leadership gene. Then our coach is Dawn Staley, a leader if there ever was one. We'll be an excellent team but we aren't UConn. We'll need to play our best and hope UConn has a rare off day to pull an upset. UConn WBB kind of reminds me of Serena Williams. They have to beat themselves and you have play great to finish them off anyway. I do think we will make this game at our home closer than the last one. Every year we seem to figure out a little more what it takes to get better as a team.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I had just gotten an 'Ahem' complement from Kib for my use of the word 'Complementary' four times. See the thread I was responding to. Just a silly post, but ... no law against being silly in the silly offseason! :cool:
Are you testing us here? ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Are you testing us here? ;)
And you past :rolleyes: with flying colors!!!
(In reality, I have always been a terrible speller - just the type of person spell check was invented for! Great vocabulary but just ask me to spell anything!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom