A Better B. Adams | The Boneyard

A Better B. Adams

Reaction Score
I saw no timidity and lots more aggressive play from B.Adams vs
Houston. He lined up his 3 pointer by setting his feet early in the corner.Like most younger players he needs to automatically be shot ready on offense. I believe he will work hard to become a good shooter by next season.
He played with a lot more energy vs Houston. . One thing I noticed about his defense is that he stands up too much. He's got to keep his knees bent and butt low and this will help him deal better with the quickness aspect both defensively and offensively in the AAC. All around I see him being a key contributor for Hurley/UCONN as he incorporates these adjustments into his game.

Reaction Score
He needs to develop his ball handling skills for next year or else it’ll be essential for us to bring in another grad transfer PG. The last three years we’ve had a shortage of ball handling when injuries hit

Reaction Score
That's for sure Cuse Socks!
A shortage of ball handling...really Socks.

Reaction Score
They keep saying he’s a good shooter in practice but we aren’t seeing that in the games.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If he can become Donnell Beverly I'll be happy. That's not meant as an insult to either party.

Reaction Score
The way BA runs it looks like he could benefit by training with the track team. As far as a better handle he is going to have to really be serious about getting better there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He needs to develop his ball handling skills for next year or else it’ll be essential for us to bring in another grad transfer PG. The last three years we’ve had a shortage of ball handling when injuries hit

We need a grad transfer C and a grad transfer PG for next year most likely.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Right now, I don’t see a grad transfer coming in to play point.

They’re going to roll with Vital, AG, Gaffney and Adams.

Adams is always going to be the fourth man there - he’s not essential.

Reaction Score
Brendan has been a nice piece of some of the zone they’ve played recently. He played the top of the zone very actively and his size made it tough for the other teams guards to pass the ball where they wanted. He does need to work on his handle he’s a bit shaky vs the man but his size is real nice and he’s a bit more athletic than some here give him credit for. Rushes his shots, doesn’t take some when wide open that he should but when set has nice form. Too early for those who say he’s not ready for this level I think he turns out to be a real nice 4 year guy.

Reaction Score
Hit a 3 early on. Given an off season of hard work, I'm optimistic that B. Adams can be a key contributor in the rotation next season. Heck, hope springs eternal !

Reaction Score
BAadams is not going to become his brother. He and Whaley should share a reality as good young men as they are.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
BAadams is not going to become his brother. He and Whaley should share a reality as good young men as they are.

He's a freshman. He shouldn't really be getting any minutes right now. He might become a very serviceable player here. If he becomes Donnell Beverly, then great. That's what we need.

Might not be the most athletic, but he's got the size.

He's also a culture change guy. Apparently the hardest working guy in the locker room. He's the right kid to have in that regard.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

No, he shouldn't.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I was encouraged by those couple of good plays early on; he caught a pass at the top of the key and I thought he was going to chuck up a 3 quickly, but he assessed the scene, drove into a clear lane in the paint then threw a nice bounce pass to a cutting Sidney Wilson for a dunk. That play showed me the game is slowing down for him. Then he hit a 3 a minute later. Hopefully he is starting to settle in and can give us some valuable minutes next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom