A $3 Million Donation to UConn Hoops Center That Challenges Ex-Huskies to Step Up | The Boneyard

A $3 Million Donation to UConn Hoops Center That Challenges Ex-Huskies to Step Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about matching for former head coaches... There might be one hanging around with a few bucks in his pocket

Reaction Score
Nice!
Who will be the first of our numerous NBA alums to step up?

Reaction Score
I just sold $5m worth of Nevada pineapples to the Federal Ministry of Rural Procurement Commission in Abuja, Ghana so if I am feeling generous I could kick in a couple grand.

Reaction Score
I think the former NBA players haven't been asked yet because I have a hard time believing they wouldn't donate some money if they were asked. This might have been in the works for a while and they weren't going to ask the NBA players until it was in place. Time to pony up.

Reaction Score
How about matching for former head coaches... There might be one hanging around with a few bucks in his pocket
Not a dime back.

In all seriousness, he's given so much to the University he alone should be an ongoing reason to give something back from ourselves.

U

UCONNfan1

I thought more players would donate once Kevin Ollie got the job and donated 100K. Hopefully this will bring in some money.
I thought so too. Maybe I'm naive, but I thought a lot of them would come forward and donate. Not necessarily millions and millions, but certainly a bunch of them doing something. Maybe even 5 or 10 of them getting together and pooling and making a big announcement that they are donating "X millions" of dollars...

Reaction Score
They better donate while they can take the charitable duduct. Next year, it could all go down the Obama rathole.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Excellent! Glad to see they have leveraged their donation to feret out some more. Well played.
Not that it matters who thought of it, but I'm wondering if the new head of the UConn Foundation played a part "suggesting" to structure the gift that way. Either way - extremely smart approach.

Reaction Score
I just sold $5m worth of Nevada pineapples to the Federal Ministry of Rural Procurement Commission in Abuja, Ghana so if I am feeling generous I could kick in a couple grand.
If you need help repatriating the money, I've been helping out a few royals from Nigeria under similar circumstances. Just let me know what information you need about my bank accounts. A couple more of these deals and I'll never have to work again. Suckers!

Reaction Score
Denis Nayden is a great guy. Preceded me when I was at GE ... (and others associated with this site know him from there). Audit Staff. CEO of GE Capital. Been a UConn supporter at games as long as I remember the Calhoun era goes. Time for all of us to re-up our enthusiasm for these Programs.

Reaction Score
Excellent! Glad to see they have leveraged their donation to feret out some more. Well played.
Is one of JC's $300k annual contract's responsibilities dedicated to fundraising for the BB center? Will he actively be part of this effort?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Denis Nayden is a great guy. Preceded me when I was at GE ... (and others associated with this site know him from there). Audit Staff. CEO of GE Capital. Been a UConn supporter at games as long as I remember the Calhoun era goes. Time for all of us to re-up our enthusiasm for these Programs.

I remember him very well from GE Cap. His departure was a number of years after I lost touch with most people there but I had heard he was a victim of the Wendt fallout (Corporate didn't trust anyone who was closely associated with GW so Denis had no real future within the company at that point).

This was a fantastic gesture on his part (and not the first by he & his wife to our alma mater).

Reaction Score
You can deposit your donation into my Paypal account and I'll take care of it for you.:)
Im serious though. I'd donate to get my name on a brick or some shiz

Reaction Score
Is one of JC's $300k annual contract's responsibilities dedicated to fundraising for the BB center? Will he actively be part of this effort?

JC has always said that the players have already done enough for the university.

I don't agree but he deserves his opinion.

Reaction Score
JC has always said that the players have already done enough for the university.

I don't agree but he deserves his opinion.
I always felt that was part of the rift between Calhoun and Hathaway. Hathaway seemed lazy when it came to fundraising, and I don't think JC was in any mood to make it easy for him. Just a feeling I got from JC's comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom