99 Team | The Boneyard

99 Team

Reaction Score
Wish I was there today, this will always be my favorite team in sports. The guys all look fantastic and the big men all look BIG. Jake, Edmund, and Souley are all huge dudes. Edmund is really looking like he could toss people around in the paint.

Especially loved seeing Jake, he is one of my all-time favorite players and probably the most underrated Husky, IMO. Just an awesome team player.

Reaction Score
Wish I was there today, this will always be my favorite team in sports. The guys all look fantastic and the big men all look BIG. Jake, Edmund, and Souley are all huge dudes. Edmund is really looking like he could toss people around in the paint.

Especially loved seeing Jake, he is one of my all-time favorite players and probably the most underrated Husky, IMO. Just an awesome team player.

Screens, rebounds, defense and just enough offense to be a contributor. Jake was absolutely a winner.

Reaction Score
Screens, rebounds, defense and just enough offense to be a contributor. Jake was absolutely a winner.
Best screener we've ever had and one of our best position defenders. Ricky gets all the accolades for his D as he should but Jake totally took Brand out of that championship game. He didn't need to block shots or score to have a huge effect on games, he did it all with smarts and brawn.

Reaction Score
Loved hearing Calhoun say they had to kick them out of the hotel suite at 3:30 this morning “because they all wanted to keep telling lies about me.”

Good stuff.
Oh man, I missed that.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Good to see Jake doing well. For those of you who don’t know Jake has 5 kids now, He owns an oil and gas company in Texas and runs a church. I’m fairly certain that he is worth well in excess of 8 figures. Good for him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I remember him hitting a game winner for them and Marbury looking like a little kid he was so happy for Jake. That's how I felt.

God those teams were so bad. So bad that the scalpers would negotiate from $10 to $8 for a single in the first 15 rows.

The only softer NBA market I’ve seen is Atlanta. Where for $5 you can sit on the bench.

Reaction Score
I used to have to go to Phoenix a lot for work when Jake was there. The Suns were terrible but I enjoyed buying singles and having someone to root for.
That's rhe best though. I sometimes buy White Sox tix for like $7-8 dollars for the worst tix and then you can move down basically anywhere and sit like 15-20 rows back. Pretty incredible to watch pro sports for the price of a sandwich. I've seen the Yankees, Dodgers, and Red Sox this way the past couple of years.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Best screener we've ever had and one of our best position defenders. Ricky gets all the accolades for his D as he should but Jake totally took Brand out of that championship game. He didn't need to block shots or score to have a huge effect on games, he did it all with smarts and brawn.
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who can close his/her eyes and picture a Jake screen.
Come to think of it, I don't even have to close my eyes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was Antric Klaiber there for the ceremony ?
True story, I root for all of the husky players every year but Klaiber was one guy I did not like seeing on the floor and I would let my TV set know that. I know JC had to give him minutes but he never did anything positive and it seemed like any lead we had always got chipped away when he was on the floor. I was so frustrated with him after a game that I actually emailed JC telling him not to play him because he didn’t help the team. Anybody else have a Klaiber type of player ?

Reaction Score
Jake and Edmund would've been extremely useful out there today to shut down that front line of Cincinnati. UConn badly needs some Voskhul/Freeman types down low to grind it out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
True story, I root for all of the husky players every year but Klaiber was one guy I did not like seeing on the floor and I would let my TV set know that. I know JC had to give him minutes but he never did anything positive and it seemed like any lead we had always got chipped away when he was on the floor. I was so frustrated with him after a game that I actually emailed JC telling him not to play him because he didn’t help the team. Anybody else have a Klaiber type of player ?

Most people would probably throw Big Dave into that conversation.

Reaction Score
Most people would probably throw Big Dave into that conversation.
Thing is Big Dave had no business playing at UConn like many players the past few years, if memory serves me right Klaiber was a top 50 player. I was happy Calhoun put Klaiber in the national title game though.

Reaction Score
Ricky was great. Pure lockdown. Made Trajan trip and fall and travel. I’ll never forget that image. He also pretty much locked up iverson in 96 big east final- which will prolly go down in history as best big east championship ever- A.I. vs Ray Ray. Ahhhhhh the good ole days !!!!

Reaction Score
Funny little small world story. Many years ago I'm at a bar and my friend introduced me to a girl. I can't remember if I recognized the town in Texas she's from or if I was wearing a UConn hat but Jake's name came up because he took her to the prom.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Bummer that Ricky didn't want to be involved. Think he'll look back once the dust settles and regret not being part of it.
IMO great opportunity for Ricky and UConn nation to show each other some much needed love but I understand if it’s too raw.

Reaction Score
And lots of help from double teams... thanks Edzilla and Souley.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Thing is Big Dave had no business playing at UConn like many players the past few years, if memory serves me right Klaiber was a top 50 player. I was happy Calhoun put Klaiber in the national title game though.

Oh, I totally agree. He'd just be at the top of my list on the 'players I do not want to see on the floor' without context. We'd be right in a game until he came in....aaaaand now we're down 10. Just did not belong at this level.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Probably. Glad KFree was able to put it behind him (although being employed probably helped him move on)

KFree had a job on Hurley's staff I believe. He only left because he was offered a proper assistants job. But at the time, he was staying at UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom