Men - #9 UConn v. Seton Hall Pirates @Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 5/5/23 @7:30p, Sat. 5/6/23 @4:05p & Sun. 5/7/23 @2:30p) Fri/Sat on UConn+. Sunday game on CW20 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men #9 UConn v. Seton Hall Pirates @Elliot Ballpark (Fri. 5/5/23 @7:30p, Sat. 5/6/23 @4:05p & Sun. 5/7/23 @2:30p) Fri/Sat on UConn+. Sunday game on CW20

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Top 9th, Fogell with a 1-2-3 inning with 2 strikeouts, Fogell gets the save, UConn gets the 10-7 victory.

Hell of a job by the staff finding and refining this guy. His numbers at Brown were not great but he clearly has the stuff to pitch for this team.

jho

Reaction Score
Coe was outstanding! I arrived late in the top of the third and was in line for my $2 beer when Pokrovsky hit the 3 run homer to put Seton Hall up 5-1. To make matters worse, they ran out the $2 beers when I was third in line at about 8:20. Had to settle for a $11 Two Conn beer. All’s well that ends well!

Reaction Score
I expected so much more of Coe this year than we’ve gotten. His batting average against has been stupendous all year but his lack of control has kept him from being reliable. He was at 6 walks per 9 innings going in to yesterday, and even yesterday he had 2 or 3 walks and a hit batter. But if you only give up one hit, free 90s don’t matter.

Anyway, one down and two to go. And the win moved us into first in the Big East and back to 16th in the Nolan RPI. With the opponents coming up next week, holding the RPI will be tough even if we win all our games, but all we can do about it is win all our games and hope a number of OOC opponents have good weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Planning to come up for today’s game with our toddler, looked for seats this morning and there are plenty of regular seats but no general admission on the berm available.

The berm would work muuuuuuch better for our purposes, anyone know if those are really sold out or if there’s any other way to get them?

jho

Reaction Score
Planning to come up for today’s game with our toddler, looked for seats this morning and there are plenty of regular seats but no general admission on the berm available.

The berm would work muuuuuuch better for our purposes, anyone know if those are really sold out or if there’s any other way to get them?
The general admission tickets are all you need for the berm. You can bring lawn chairs or a blanket if you’d like.

Reaction Score
The general admission tickets are all you need for the berm. You can bring lawn chairs or a blanket if you’d like.
that was our plan. But the GA aren’t available on the UConn ticket site, only regular seats.

Reaction Score
I expected so much more of Coe this year than we’ve gotten. His batting average against has been stupendous all year but his lack of control has kept him from being reliable. He was at 6 walks per 9 innings going in to yesterday, and even yesterday he had 2 or 3 walks and a hit batter. But if you only give up one hit, free 90s don’t matter.

Anyway, one down and two to go. And the win moved us into first in the Big East and back to 16th in the Nolan RPI. With the opponents coming up next week, holding the RPI will be tough even if we win all our games, but all we can do about it is win all our games and hope a number of OOC opponents have good weeks.

Yeah, I think we all expected more of Coe this season.

Chris Jones has been talking during game broadcasts about the rise of runs being scored in games all across college baseball this season. From conversations he has had with Coach Mac, it would seem to them that changes have been made to the ball being used in college baseball this season. Among other things, they seem to think that the ball is harder, more slippery, and with lower seams. If this is the case, pitchers would certainly need to adjust.

Coe has done a bit better of late. I don't know if this "new" ball was a part of his control problems this season, but if it was, hopefully he has finally adjusted to it. Just speculation on my part. We'll see how he does in future pitching stints.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Always look forward to the post game interviews with Coach Penders. Big positives on Garrett Coe as you would expect as will as T.C. Simmons, among other comments.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Always look forward to the post game interviews with Coach Penders. Big positives on Garrett Coe as you would expect as will as T.C. Simmons, among other comments.

Coe threw 90 pitches in the game last night. I believe Chris Jones said during the broadcast that it was the most pitches that he has thrown in a game in a UConn uniform. Coe did a fine job on the mound, and due to it, as mentioned by myself and others, he saved the rest of the bullpen for the rest of this Seton Hall series.

Coe's ERA is now 4.05 for the season after this game.

Reaction Score
interview with Coe got cut short. I think he was about to say (about the student crowd) “especially when they drank all of the $2 Miller Lite” in the first two innings. That beer is piss, but glad to see youth is not wasted on the young.

Reaction Score
Maybe there’s a shortage of Miller Lite beer due to the Bud Light fiasco.
That may be true. In that case substitute Miller or Bud Heavy as my sports bar refers them. I wasn’t there so it didn’t affect me but not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom